PDA

View Full Version : Newmarket

gm10
04-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Interesting prep for the Guineas today (the Craven).

I really fancy Native Khan in this one. Actually I like him for the Derby as well, for which he is 75/1!!!! He's bound to be stronger at 3 than at 2 and the extra distance will help him as well.

I'll take Bullet Train @ 12/1 in the Earl Of Sefton Stakes. There's more cut in the ground today which will probably suit his prominent style, and his proven stamina over further is a plus, too.

cj
04-14-2011, 09:03 PM
From the Racing Post:

The odds-on winner was cut to 10-1 (from 16) by Victor Chandler for the 2,000 Guineas on April 30 after his two-length success under Kieren Fallon.

Where was he 75 to 1?

Humph
04-15-2011, 05:35 AM
Interesting prep for the Guineas today (the Craven).

I really fancy Native Khan in this one. Actually I like him for the Derby as well, for which he is 75/1!!!! He's bound to be stronger at 3 than at 2 and the extra distance will help him as well.

I'll take Bullet Train @ 12/1 in the Earl Of Sefton Stakes. There's more cut in the ground today which will probably suit his prominent style, and his proven stamina over further is a plus, too.

I see that Elusive Pimpernel was sent off favourite for the Earl of Sefton . What with St, Nicholas Abbey being turned over at odds-on recently , it appears that some people still want to believe in the Racing Post Trophy form of a couple of seasons back.

As for the forthcoming Guineas , I read on the Racing Post site that a £500,000 to £550,000 wager was struck with Victor Chandler on current favourite Frankel. I have since read that trainer Henry Cecil isn't totally happy with the horse ; is concerned that he doesn't quite have the colt where he wants him at this stage, fitness-wise.

gm10
04-15-2011, 05:40 AM
From the Racing Post:

Where was he 75 to 1?

still is, on Betfair

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/ante-post-racing/flat/the-derby

gm10
04-15-2011, 05:47 AM
I see that Elusive Pimpernel was sent off favourite for the Earl of Sefton . What with St, Nicholas Abbey being turned over at odds-on recently , it appears that some people still want to believe in the Racing Post Trophy form of a couple of seasons back.

As for the forthcoming Guineas , I read on the Racing Post site that a £500,000 to £550,000 wager was struck with Victor Chandler on current favourite Frankel. I have since read that trainer Henry Cecil isn't totally happy with the horse ; is concerned that he doesn't quite have the colt where he wants him at this stage, fitness-wise.

There's certainly rumors out there, yes. I've heard of glowing reports from gallop watchers on the other hand, so who knows. We'll find out more tomorrow I guess.

Pimpernel isn't a bad horse but he always sits a bit too far back, he doesn't have the quick change of gears that is required to win with his running style. In my view, he'll always struggle to win group races.

cj
04-15-2011, 08:45 AM
still is, on Betfair

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/ante-post-racing/flat/the-derby

Probably for small amounts, right?

gm10
04-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Probably for small amounts, right?

Small amounts, yes. Only £828 traded at this point. I had no problem betting £20 @ 100/1 earlier this week.
He was 50/1 with some bookies before yesterday.