PDA

View Full Version : The Factor = The Favorite?

keithw84
04-13-2011, 11:24 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/churchill-downs-linemaker-calls-factor-derby-favorite

This seems really questionable to me. Win at longer than 8.5 furlongs this weekend and maybe I will change my tune, but my feelings about The Factor are summed up in the oft-used phrase, "Others seem more likely." We know he can run fast, but based on his running style, are we expecting him to wire the field?

I like Baffert and Garcia, but I just don't think The Factor has proven enough yet for me to consider him the Derby favorite.

redshift1
04-14-2011, 12:34 AM
http://www.drf.com/news/churchill-downs-linemaker-calls-factor-derby-favorite

This seems really questionable to me. Win at longer than 8.5 furlongs this weekend and maybe I will change my tune, but my feelings about The Factor are summed up in the oft-used phrase, "Others seem more likely." We know he can run fast, but based on his running style, are we expecting him to wire the field?

I like Baffert and Garcia, but I just don't think The Factor has proven enough yet for me to consider him the Derby favorite.

You can see his reasoning at least Beyer wise, I still think Dialed In will be the post time favorite because of running style, distance and previous Churchill win.

PaceAdvantage
04-14-2011, 12:53 AM
This country is due for a kick-ass front runner...it's been such a long time since Holy Bull.

KingChas
04-14-2011, 01:00 AM
You can see his reasoning at least Beyer wise, I still think Dialed In will be the post time favorite because of running style, distance and previous Churchill win.

Dialed In = Ice Box II or Ice Box too...............? :D

MNslappy
04-14-2011, 01:13 AM
This country is due for a kick-ass front runner...it's been such a long time since Holy Bull.

:ThmbUp:

Let's hope he smokes em and OReilly talks about the Derby every night for the next 4 weeks.

Dahoss9698
04-14-2011, 01:23 AM
He's going to have to earn it this time as Dance City is pretty quick also.

Jasonm921
04-14-2011, 07:30 AM

Let's hope he smokes em and OReilly talks about the Derby every night for the next 4 weeks.

That is why he will be the favorite.

The WindfallAngler
04-14-2011, 11:20 AM
If he gets it done, he'll have three graded stakes preps to his credit going into Kentucky. I would like to see him rate in this spot, but he may be too quick. This looks like Rebel Stakes round 2, with more authority.

OTM Al
04-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Dialed In = Ice Box II or Ice Box too...............? :D

More like Ice Box - 2. -2 what is up to you to decide....

joanied
04-14-2011, 03:56 PM

:ThmbUp: ...let's hope he doesn't sit down in the gate:D

joanied
04-14-2011, 03:58 PM

I'll double that :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: ...I'm going to be rooting for him....love this colt. What kinda gives me a scare is PVal on Sway Away!

toussaud
04-14-2011, 03:59 PM
hard spun was pretty kick ass, he was just born the absolute wrong year.

joanied
04-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Indeed... I miss that horse!

letswastemoney
04-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Maybe Elite Alex can get the inside trip this time

toussaud
04-14-2011, 08:33 PM
I was one of the first on the elite alex bandwagon, i am drinking friends with a trainers son here and he has been boasting about this horse since december... and even I am saying now I just don't see all the love.

He's just not fast enough.

should be very tough n the queens plate though

ezpace
04-15-2011, 08:39 PM
How about Smarty Jones he was beaten by reprobate
riders in the Belmont.