PDA

View Full Version : Twin Spires hacked? Avast is blocking

stuball
04-11-2011, 05:29 PM
I have been trying to log on to Twinspires all afternoon..my computer is blocking it Avast says it will not allow it to load cause Malware..that is would crash my computer. Anyone else able to log on today...

Stuball

duncan04
04-11-2011, 05:37 PM
I have been trying to log on to Twinspires all afternoon..my computer is blocking it Avast says it will not allow it to load cause Malware..that is would crash my computer. Anyone else able to log on today...

Stuball

No problems here. Been using it all day

Pell Mell
04-11-2011, 05:46 PM
No problems

Zydeco
04-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Signed in about 4 eastern time and had no problems.

stuball
04-11-2011, 06:19 PM
I wonder what is going on here then...I tried on 2 computers....
maybe I should shut off my modem and restart....weird

Stuball

stuball
04-11-2011, 06:31 PM
I have been using it for years...no problems...what do you suggest..

Stuball

098poi
04-11-2011, 06:37 PM
It may be something with your account. If you tried on 2 computers it may be you and not the PC. Call them.

senortout
04-11-2011, 06:45 PM
clear your browser cache, close browser, reopen brower, go online

MNslappy
04-12-2011, 01:27 AM

Stuball

Is it Avast free version? Because there's your problem, not TS.

bigmack
04-12-2011, 01:37 AM
Is it Avast free version? Because there's your problem, not TS.
Balderdash. Whatever version of Avast he has been running he hasn't had a problem until today.

Mechanic
04-12-2011, 03:30 AM
No problem here with using Avast and T/S, but why are we still using T/S anyway :lol: :lol: I think it is time for some kickbacks :eek:

stuball
04-12-2011, 07:14 PM
I don't use avast to block viruses..I have a firewall on my modem downstairs
--only use avast to correct problems. Did a quick scan and found 25 infected files....most due to my grandson installing a dungeons and dragons game
on my computer...did the scan and removed the infected files and "Walla"
all better now....working again...no more games on my computer the word is out..lol beside the grand kids all have their own computers....

Stuball

Hoofless_Wonder
04-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Another forum I follow had a number of AVAST users complaining of the same thing with multiple web sites. Apparently there was a bad virus definitions file that some users had downloaded and installed (default setting is to do this automatically).

If anyone is still having problems, you might want to try updating the definitions file for avast.....

precocity
04-13-2011, 11:45 AM
I don't use avast to block viruses..I have a firewall on my modem downstairs
--only use avast to correct problems. Did a quick scan and found 25 infected files....most due to my grandson installing a dungeons and dragons game
on my computer...did the scan and removed the infected files and "Walla"
all better now....working again...no more games on my computer the word is out..lol beside the grand kids all have their own computers....

Stuball
SORRY KINDA FUNNY :lol:

stuball
04-14-2011, 08:42 AM
It is always funny when it happens to someone else.....Yur pickin on me...
but that's ok...eventually it happens to everyone...after all we are living in the computer age.....just glad I fixed it before the contest this weekend....LOL

Stuball :lol: