PDA

View Full Version : US outsources CIA function

DJofSD
04-11-2011, 10:59 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-cia-interrogation-20110411,0,2236422.story

"The CIA is out of the detention and interrogation business," said a U.S. official who is familiar with intelligence operations but was not authorized to speak publicly.

Tom
04-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Part of His master plan....after all, America is wrong, correct?
Those poor, sweet little muslims would never hurt anyone. We must respect them.

Boo - friggin'- hoo!

One more reason to impeach this moron - aiding and abetting the enemy.

Let's Roll
04-11-2011, 12:45 PM
A direct result of this decision is that American lives will be lost, it's inevitable.

GameTheory
04-11-2011, 02:26 PM
I doubt this makes much difference. We now either just kill them immediately, which seems to still be acceptable, or have someone else "interrogate" them for us. The ones captured and interrogated by Americans were likely the lucky ones...

FantasticDan
04-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah, the decision to do it this was hardly arbitrary, as the article details well. I read it twice, but somehow didn't see the phrases, "master plan" or "sweet little muslims" :D :p

bigmack
04-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Yeah, the decision to do it this was hardly arbitrary, as the article details well. I read it twice, but somehow didn't see the phrases, "master plan" or "sweet little muslims" :D :p
Where are you and your comrades now that rather than waterboarding a few, BO has opted just to kill, kill, kill?

So much for human rights, let alone the right to live.

riskman
04-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Well it looks like Obama is not likely to empower CIA operatives that can roam the world and arrest and torture any person it chooses without a court order, without due process, and without answering for their actions.Besides, the government has half a dozen other major intelligence agencies to do some dirty work if needed.

Former CIA director Robert Gates, now Obama’s defense secretary probably had a hand in this policy as well as Leon Panneta the current director. In the past,Leon Panetta said the Obama administration would not prosecute CIA officers that “participated in harsh interrogations even if they constituted torture as long as they did not go beyond their instructions.” Panetta also said that the Obama administration would continue to transfer foreign detainees to other countries for questioning but only if U.S. officials are confident that the prisoners will not be tortured.”
Yep, these other countries will handle these captives with kid gloves.
When the next terrorist attack hits the U.S. we will send the captives to the ACLU to be interviewed and then transfer them to Bali or Bora Bora for R&R.

Tom
04-11-2011, 07:09 PM
I forgot...did we have a warrant for Hitler?
Did we try the nazis in NY City courts?

TJDave
04-11-2011, 08:05 PM
I'd think this probably has more to do with losing one of our prime surrogates...

Egypt. ;)

GameTheory
04-11-2011, 11:30 PM
I don't care who the president is, what really happens in the world of intelligence and espionage will never be the same thing as made in public statements about it, so if Obama says we are going to do this or that, it really means nothing. You have to also read between the lines with any high-profile event when our president is making public statements since backroom deals are often made with friends and adversaries about what will and won't be said in public.