PDA

View Full Version : Lease deal for Monmouth Park may mean layoffs at the racetrack

Canarsie
04-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Up to 910 people this may get ugly.

http://littlesilver.patch.com/articles/lease-deal-for-monmouth-park-may-mean-layoffs-at-the-racetrack

Oh Mr. Goren the mayor of Woodbridge, NJ is complaining about the loss of jobs and not what an eyesore Favorite is. So much for youur theory about OTW's

Brogan
04-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Oh boy...can't wait to try to get an electrical outlet or water heater in a barn fixed this year.

alhattab
04-08-2011, 09:21 PM

http://littlesilver.patch.com/articles/lease-deal-for-monmouth-park-may-mean-layoffs-at-the-racetrack

Oh Mr. Goren the mayor of Woodbridge, NJ is complaining about the loss of jobs and not what an eyesore Favorite is. So much for youur theory about OTW's

The article is poorly worded, but Mahon is the mayor of Oceanport.

I couldn't believe that you could fire 910 people from these places! I mean, if 800 of them are at Monmouth, what the hell do they all do?

point given
04-08-2011, 11:36 PM
The article is poorly worded, but Mahon is the mayor of Oceanport.

I couldn't believe that you could fire 910 people from these places! I mean, if 800 of them are at Monmouth, what the hell do they all do?

Reapply for their jobs at lesser pay w/o the unions. :confused:

Robert Goren
04-08-2011, 11:41 PM

Oh Mr. Goren the mayor of Woodbridge, NJ is complaining about the loss of jobs and not what an eyesore Favorite is. So much for youur theory about OTW's I will not put in any credence in an article that can't even get the name of town right. Surely you can do better this.

Southieboy
04-08-2011, 11:55 PM
I will not put in any credence in an article that can't even get the name of town right. Surely you can do better this.

Does this help?
(http://lwd.state.nj.us/WorkForceDirectory/warn.jsp?printacrossID=1&StartDate=04/01/2011&EndDate=04/30/2011&DisplayDate=April%202011)

Robert Goren
04-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Does this help?
(http://lwd.state.nj.us/WorkForceDirectory/warn.jsp?printacrossID=1&StartDate=04/01/2011&EndDate=04/30/2011&DisplayDate=April%202011)Some. I am assuming that the 900 is the entire workforce there since NJSEA will no longer need them. The new management will hire as many people as they need. I suspect many will be the same people as before. In a twelve year span, I worked for 5 different companies doing the same job at same location. I got 4 pink slips and was rehired 4 times at the same pay I was getting when I laid off. I never missed a day of work between companies. The only thing that really changed was the color of my shirt. I expect that it will be the same for a lot of these employees.

Canarsie
04-09-2011, 10:13 AM
I will not put in any credence in an article that can't even get the name of town right. Surely you can do better this.

Where is 'Woodbridge" spelled wrong? Surely you can reply better than this your response is very "WEAK". You degraded all OTW's didn't you? Didn't you say nobody wants them?

Robert Goren
04-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Where is 'Woodbridge" spelled wrong? Surely you can reply better than this your response is very "WEAK". You degraded all OTW's didn't you? Didn't you say nobody wants them? You just continue to dig yourself in deeper. Mahon is the mayor of Oceanport. Paul Sarlo is mayor of Woodridge. The article is trash. Show me something with a little more cred that says they want the OTW there. If these towns really wanted them, they would have built already. Let see NJ can lay off 900 government employed race track workers or lay off teachers, cops and firemen or raise taxes. Those are the choices whether you like them or not. I hope the private operator makes a go off it without any tax payer money. It put another nail in to coffins of the two worst excuses for races tracks in the country, Parx and Penn National. With all the shenanigans go there I don't why anyone would bet there or run their horse there.

Canarsie
04-09-2011, 12:49 PM
You just continue to dig yourself in deeper. Mahon is the mayor of Oceanport. Paul Sarlo is mayor of Woodridge. The article is trash. Show me something with a little more cred that says they want the OTW there. If these towns really wanted them, they would have built already. Let see NJ can lay off 900 government employed race track workers or lay off teachers, cops and firemen or raise taxes. Those are the choices whether you like them or not. I hope the private operator makes a go off it without any tax payer money. It put another nail in to coffins of the two worst excuses for races tracks in the country, Parx and Penn National. With all the shenanigans go there I don't why anyone would bet there or run their horse there.

I'm the one who needs to dig deeper? :lol:

Favorites is in Woodbridge last time I looked. :bang:

As far as the article it comes from a rinky dink town (wealthy) but it came (first) as a Google (hear of that?) alert and I posted the link.

Our Governor wants to lay off teachers what do you really know about my state?

Oh and doesn't Tampa have a poker room where there is an automatic rake for every hand. Couldn't that money be served better hiring more teachers in Florida?