PDA

View Full Version : If the government shuts down....

Tom
04-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Congress gets paid.
Some of their staff get paid.
Obama is fighting to make sure Planned Abortions gets paid.

The troops in war zones do not get paid.

prospector
04-08-2011, 03:55 PM
so, the dems will shut down the govt if they can't keep killing babies?
nice...rush said it best today..won't drill for oil, but will drill for babies..
is this what our country has become?

bigmack
04-08-2011, 04:18 PM
But wait:

Planned Parenthood is the nation's largest abortion provider, but it issued a fact sheet today stating that more than 90 percent of its health care services are preventive, not abortions. It receives about $70 million of Title X funding, and the company says none of the funds are used to fund abortions. :eek:

"It's an outrage to shut down the government over an extreme proposal that would deny millions of women Pap tests, breast cancer screenings and birth control," said Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards.

cj's dad
04-08-2011, 06:11 PM
But wait:

But wait:

Quote:
Planned Parenthood is the nation's largest abortion provider, but it issued a fact sheet today stating that more than 90 percent of its health care services are preventive, not abortions. It receives about $70 million of Title X funding, and the company says none of the funds are used to fund abortions. images/UBGX/05.gif

"It's an outrage to shut down the government over an extreme proposal that would deny millions of women Pap tests, breast cancer screenings and birth control," said Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards.

Total horseshit. PP does NOT provide these services.

highnote
04-08-2011, 06:19 PM
What's the big deal? Many have been complaining about gov getting too big. Well, now it's going to be smaller and cost less. That's a good thing, right?

Maybe private industry will pick up where gov is not spending money?

FantasticDan
04-08-2011, 06:20 PM
^Horseshit would definitely be the operative word :ThmbDown:

In 2007, abortion represented only three percent of Planned Parenthood's services. So what would American women (and men) lose if Congress defunded it?

1. Pap Smears: Can't afford a cervical cancer screening? Planned Parenthood has your back.

2. Pregnancy Testing and Services: The organization helps women who are pregnant or are thinking about becoming pregnant get prenatal care.

3. Diabetes Screening: Depending on location, you can get general health care services like diabetes screening, flu vaccines, or anemia testing at Planned Parenthood

4. Breast Cancer Screening: The organization provides valuable breast exams and helps women find services they might need.

5. STD Testing, Treatment, and Prevention: Planned Parenthood provides free condoms, HPV vaccines, and STD testing and treatment.

6. Male Infertility Screening and Referral: The organization offers a variety of male sexual health services, like infertility screening, testicular cancer screening, and erectile dysfunction services.

7. Menopause Help: It might not make headlines like abortion services, but Planned Parenthood's health centers offer midlife services to help women deal with menopause.

bigmack
04-08-2011, 06:26 PM
In 2007, abortion represented only three percent of Planned Parenthood's services.
:lol: :lol:

Link the source.

cj's dad
04-08-2011, 06:28 PM
I find it strange then that just last week, a woman called and recorded 4 calls to PP asking if breast cancer screening was offered at PP and was told NO !!

Go figure. I guess the person representing PP was lying.

Mack- you beat me to it !!

PP's sole intention is to kill the unborn; no more, no less.

Womens choice ?? :lol:

FantasticDan
04-08-2011, 06:30 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/planned-parenthood-abortion-and-903932.html

Yes yes, I know; the source is PP and is an obvious lie. Abortions are actually 98% of their business, and most locations have drive-thru service.. :bang:

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2011, 06:33 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/planned-parenthood-abortion-and-903932.html

Yes yes, I know; the source is PP and is an obvious lie. Abortions are actually 98% of their business, and most locations have drive-thru service.. :bang:I'm sure if they could, they would...

bigmack
04-08-2011, 06:37 PM

Yes yes, I know; the source is PP and is an obvious lie. Abortions are actually 98% of their business, and most locations have drive-thru service.. :bang:
Here's the kicker; you buy their line about 3%. :D

mostpost
04-08-2011, 06:57 PM
I find it strange then that just last week, a woman called and recorded 4 calls to PP asking if breast cancer screening was offered at PP and was told NO !!

Go figure. I guess the person representing PP was lying.

Mack- you beat me to it !!

Womens choice ?? :lol:
The person lying was the one who claimed to call PP.
I looked at the websites for each of the 18 Planned Parenthood clinics in Illinois. Everyone of them lists breast exams as a service they provide. They don't do mammograms which makes sense as I imagine the machine is quite expensive. They provide referrals for mammograms.

Perhaps you could provide a link to the woman who allegedly call PP.
I din't think so.

bigmack
04-08-2011, 07:02 PM
The person lying was the one who claimed to call PP.
I looked at the websites for each of the 18 Planned Parenthood clinics in Illinois. Everyone of them lists breast exams as a service they provide. They don't do mammograms which makes sense as I imagine the machine is quite expensive. They provide referrals for mammograms.

Perhaps you could provide a link to the woman who allegedly call PP.
I din't think so.
:lol:

Why does the Pres of PP say they provide mammograms?

& here's the link you thought didn't exist:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/pro-life-group-exposes-planned-parenthood-mammogram-corruption/

Secretariat
04-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Can anyone list one specific abortion that was paid for via federal tax payer dollars? The names of the people the service was provided to, and the doctor who was reimbursed by federal monies for the abortion?

Since Planned Parenthood supposedly does this so frequently, can the names of the people involved be listed before false assertions without any backup are made?

The Hyde Amendment prohibited Federal monies for abortion. It is still the law of the land. If abortions were provided by Planned Parenthood with federal tax monies wouldn't Bush's Attorney General Alberto Gonzales have brought a case against Planned Parenthood for doing so. They had eight years to bring a case against them and yet didn't. It seems an easy prosecution if it was so commonplace, since they had litle problem with torture.

Or could it just be more right wing political rhetoric? I think most people know.

mostpost
04-08-2011, 08:04 PM
:lol:

Why does the Pres of PP say they provide mammograms?

& here's the link you thought didn't exist:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/pro-life-group-exposes-planned-parenthood-mammogram-corruption/
The websites say mammogram referrals. That means they don't do them themselves. You notice that those tapes were cut off before the people at PP could offer a referral or explain the services they do provide. One of them said they are a surgical facility. ONE.
The Blaze is Beck's site, right? :rolleyes:

TJDave
04-08-2011, 08:09 PM

Can't think of a better way to end the line at the trough...

Unless it would be voluntary sterilization.

I'd rather pay for an abortion today than two tomorrow.

bigmack
04-08-2011, 08:11 PM
The websites say mammogram referrals. That means they don't do them themselves. You notice that those tapes were cut off before the people at PP could offer a referral or explain the services they do provide. One of them said they are a surgical facility. ONE.
The Blaze is Beck's site, right? :rolleyes:
Whoa, there he goes dodgin' again. Didn't the Pres of PP say they do mammograms? You have no comment on that as your dishonesty is intake.

If you want the original site it's right there in the piece, Live Action.com. But that's beyond you to find. :rolleyes:

BlueShoe
04-08-2011, 09:08 PM
The Democrats are pulling the usual old scare tactics in order to turn the money printing presses turned back on again at full bore. Women are going to die, children are going to starve, grandma is going to die in the snow, society is going to come to a standstill, etc., ad nauseum. What nonsense, only a liberal is dumb enough to fall for this nonsense. About the only thing I dislike about the shutdown, and I mean the only thing that I could think of, is the Armed Forces not getting paid. That disturbs me. Lower enlisted ranks, particulary those married with children, often live almost payday to payday. If things do shut down, it could be a wakeup call to those with entitlement mindsets that think the government is responsible for their lives. While they are at it, how about shuting down some of the left wing states? Start with California, New York, Illinois, and go on from there.