PDA

View Full Version : Churchill to offer Pick-10 on night cards

macguy
04-08-2011, 10:57 AM
http://www.drf.com/news/churchill-downs-add-pick-10-wager-night-cards

The bet, which will have a 10-cent minimum, will present one of the most daunting challenges to bettors on the national wagering landscape. If no one correctly selects 10 winners, 75 percent of the net pool will be carried over to the next time the bet is offered, with 25 percent being distributed to the player or players who have “selected the first-place finisher in the greatest number of pick-10 contests,” according to regulations approved by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on Wednesday.

Is it my imagination or are tracks getting into a contest to see who can make the hardest most lottery type exotic wagers?

jimmy m
04-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Does Santa Anita still have the place Pick All which is similar to this bet ive never played it so i do not know if it is 10 cents.They used have a Pick 9 as well Macguy and i think that was a buck i remember back in the 80s it carried over for the whole meet and to be payed off on closing day.I remember Andy Beyer in Beyer on Speed wrote a story about chasing a Pick 9 or 10 at Hialeh so the bet has been around for a while.

elhelmete
04-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Why don't they set takeout on these big-pool gimmicks at like 35% since they seemingly appeal to "lottery/scratch ticket" players anyway and drop the rake on grown-up bets?