PDA

View Full Version : Racist American Idol Comment

Pell Mell
04-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Was it the way I took it or was Jacob's comment about America looking in the mirror a racist comment? :faint:

Greyfox
04-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Was it the way I took it or was Jacob's comment about America looking in the mirror a racist comment? :faint:

I don't think so, although the comment was a bit of an eyebrow raiser when said before knowing he what he was going to sing.
The song he sung was Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror."
His comment was referring to the song.

Pell Mell
04-08-2011, 09:21 AM
I don't think so, although the comment was a bit of an eyebrow raiser when said before knowing he what he was going to sing.
The song he sung was Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror."
His comment was referring to the song.

I got that part but his saying if he should be in the bottom 3 America should look at itself in a mirror came across as something else. And evidently, from what I've read, I wasn't the only one that took it that way.

Greyfox
04-08-2011, 09:26 AM
I didn't take it that way, but if others did that maybe explains the lower number of votes.
With Pia gone, and I thought that she was great, I believe that the best of the rest are James Durbin(?), Jacob, and Scotty McCreary.
Certainly Jacob should not have been in the bottom 3 last night.

Valuist
04-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Haley is a friend of my daughter.....she dodged a few bullets being on the brink of elimination but she has some momentum now. Would be an interesting double; last year's winner went to my high school and Haley was a classmate of my daughter.

RaceBookJoe
04-08-2011, 10:14 AM

I actually took it more as America being "homophobic" that "racist" rbj ps: but maybe he was just saying that in general, who knows.

RaceBookJoe
04-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Something said on the previous week, when James Durbin was performing with pyro he said he was just hoping there wouldnt be a "pepsi moment". I guess Michael Jacksons family and friends werent too happy. Seems to me like you cant say anything anymore without someone or some group offended. It wasnt like he was badmouthing MJ. rbj

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2011, 11:12 AM
I actually took it more as America being "homophobic" that "racist" rbj ps: but maybe he was just saying that in general, who knows.Homophobic? Has Jacob disclosed his sexual preference? I don't recall hearing that he has. Interesting that you should make such a connection.

RaceBookJoe
04-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Homophobic? Has Jacob disclosed his sexual preference? I don't recall hearing that he has. Interesting that you should make such a connection.

Like i said, thats how I took it, i just get the feeling that he might be gay...nothing wrong with it, just my impression and my interpretation of his phrase. rbj

Lefty
04-08-2011, 03:51 PM
I think this kid has tremendous talent, but when he made that comment, I just knew he would be in the bottom 3. Hey guys, just shut up and sing.
Hey. Laura Ingraham once said that. She is so right on many levels.

Tom
04-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Lefty, so many people think that just because they can entertain, we want to hear their opinions. Shut up and sing....I like that.:ThmbUp:

Hanover1
04-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Homophobic? Has Jacob disclosed his sexual preference? I don't recall hearing that he has. Interesting that you should make such a connection.

We have gone our share of rounds PA, but this one actually cracks me up, and I mean in a good way :lol: .

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 06:31 PM
All I know is Jacob asked if one of the girls from TMZ was single on that taped clip the other day.

bigmack
04-09-2011, 07:09 PM
All I know is Jacob asked if one of the girls from TMZ was single on that taped clip the other day.
I can't believe I'm saying this because I don't watch the show (I am rootin' for the plump kid from GA) but I believe he asked if 'anyone' is single. Many of those TMZ'ers are gay, including Harvey Levin.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 07:30 PM
That's not what I heard...I thought he specifically asked a girl, because that is who the camera went to...she told him if he wins, then she is...

Lefty
04-10-2011, 03:26 AM
PA, I got the same impression; that he asked the girl if she was single.
Harvey Levin, gay? I never heard that one before.
"not that there's anything wrong with that."

PaceAdvantage
04-10-2011, 05:20 PM
http://greginhollywood.com/tmzs-harvey-levin-talks-about-being-gay-in-the-news-business-i-was-so-terrified-that-somebody-would-find-out-26368