PDA

View Full Version : Derby Preps on Network TV

keithw84
04-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Are any of the big Derby Preps on network TV? Last year, at least 4 were (not sure about the Florida Derby)... but I couldn't find them in the listings for the next few weekends...

toussaud
04-07-2011, 11:50 PM
I don't think so. The santa anita derby goes off at 6 something. when it's on NBC it goes off at 4 something my time.

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2011, 03:05 AM
Looks like the answer to this is a big fat no:

http://horseracing.about.com/od/tvschedules/a/bltvsched.htm

It's pretty shocking to see the sudden dearth of coverage. This Saturday ALWAYS used to be covered on network TV...not a positive sign.

Spiderman
04-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Bet "National Velvet" like the jockey.

keithw84
04-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Well, that's disappointing. Hard to believe people will sit around all day watching the Masters while there's not enough demand for horse racing to get a little coverage. I also find it funny that people will put money on almost any sport (Masters included) in a contest/pool/etc. when horse racing already has wagering and the opportunity to win money... but I digress.

Marshall Bennett
04-08-2011, 01:26 PM
With this sickening economy I suppose everyone is tightening their belts. Horse racing has been in a tailspin for years anyway, it's not surprising they don't get the coverage.

Tom
04-08-2011, 02:14 PM
We need some more of those commercials, with the horrible girl, shown only on racing programs to get people back into the game. :rolleyes:

Wasn't NTRA supposed to be doing something or other?