PDA

View Full Version : What Happened on American Idol??? **SPOILER**

Vinman
04-07-2011, 09:09 PM
I just put "Idol" on and was shocked to see Pia standing there in the bottom three.....even more shocked she got the boot. Any theories?

I did NOT see the show last night.....was she THAT bad?.....or did she ultimately prove to be the contestant you simply don't wanna vote for....for reasons that go beyond talent?

Vinman

JustRalph
04-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Travesty!
James Durbin just went 8/5 in Vegas

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Dude...you're supposed to put **SPOILER** in the topic heading for those who DVR'd it... :lol:

You're not suppose to put the name of the person who was voted out... :lol: :lol:

bigmack
04-07-2011, 10:03 PM
You East Coast ruffians think the world revolves around you.

Like Tom.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/thc0231b2c.gif

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 10:04 PM
OK, I fixed it...

Tom
04-07-2011, 10:17 PM
You East Coast ruffians think the world revolves around you.

Like Tom.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/thc0231b2c.gif

No, it revolves around HIM!
ACpNVD5GMUw

Tom
04-07-2011, 10:22 PM
I did NOT see the show last night.....was she THAT bad?
9ozU4KcvIZ0&NR=1

FantasticDan
04-07-2011, 11:57 PM
VT5lnynu9l8

FantasticDan
04-08-2011, 01:44 AM
I just put "Idol" on and was shocked to see Pia standing there in the bottom three.....even more shocked she got the boot. Any theories?
My theory? She's boring. Pretty, talented, but.. boring. Didn't the judges give her grief recently for always doing ballads and being a statue during performances?

Anyway, it hardly matters. She'll likely have a contract and album regardless.

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2011, 01:54 AM
I blame Gwen Stefani for the outfit she picked out...if Pia was wearing the dress she had on tonight, LAST NIGHT, she might have had a shot... :lol:

Pell Mell
04-08-2011, 05:44 AM
The problem is in the voting. Of about 25 million viewers, how many do you think vote ? There were 50 million votes and you may vote 50 times per computer and unlimited by phone. They only check to see if anyone is voting electronically. I would wager that 75% of viewers don't vote.

Who in the hell has the time or inclination to sit and vote 50 times beside teeny boppers? You'll notice that the girls keep getting voted off. Just about every young girl in the country has a cell phone that is a part of their anatomy.

It's kind of like a presidential election; Get out and vote and vote often!:lol:

pandy
04-08-2011, 07:07 AM
This is the first year that you can vote online, prior years most votes came through texting, so I'm surprised that she got voted off, disappointing. She performed well again this week but probably choose the wrong song, it was rock hall of fame week and she could have chosen a much better rock song to sing. Too bad, gorgeous woman with a great voice. The judges made a huge mistake with their "save" a few weeks ago.

Robert Goren
04-08-2011, 09:39 AM
This year all finalist men are better than the best woman. Couple that with the fact that in recent years men have been winning Idol, it was not all that surprising. If you close your eyes when he is proforming, you will quickly realize that Scotty is best singer of this group. He will be a very big country star. As for the rest, it is open question whether any of them will be selling songs four years from now.

RaceBookJoe
04-08-2011, 10:21 AM
My theory? She's boring. Pretty, talented, but.. boring. Didn't the judges give her grief recently for always doing ballads and being a statue during performances?

Anyway, it hardly matters. She'll likely have a contract and album regardless.

Have to agree.....Pia has top-notch vocals and an almost Sophia Loren-like beauty....but she really needs work on her stage performance, just like J-Lo was saying to her.
ps: am I the only one who thinks Scotty looks like GWB....does that weird head-cock and beady-eyes look. but he has that country sound which will make him millions. rbj

FantasticDan
04-08-2011, 02:42 PM
For Casey fans :D

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/Casey-Abrams-Product-Endorsements-%283/30/11%29/1316929

Lefty
04-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Pell Mell, as the girls keep getting voted off my wife has been espousing the very same theory to me that you have proffered here.

Pia is the best woman performer since Kelly Clarkson. What a shame she finishes 9th.

Greyfox
04-08-2011, 05:06 PM
ps: am I the only one who thinks Scotty looks like GWB....

To me, Scotty, who has a great C&W voice looks like
Alfred E. Neuman. But if you think that GWB resembles Alfred, we agree.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NSAQjsCzwcE/TGQGKe5iiUI/AAAAAAAAAx8/wNRsBcmmPqc/s320/Bush-Quotes-ngin.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iKcZ3qcCmyo/SSV700L9RkI/AAAAAAAALLQ/AKN6ZFlKULU/s400/05_Presidents_Neuman.jpg.

Personally, my crystal ball sees James, Jacob, and Scotty in the final 3, with James winning it all. Unfortunately, Pia had a lot of everything and is gone.

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Pia is the best woman performer since Kelly Clarkson. What a shame she finishes 9th.Wow...I just don't agree at all...I thought she was being terribly overrated by the judges voice-wise. In fact, I think most of the talent has been overrated this year by the judges.

Greyfox
04-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Wow...I just don't agree at all...I thought she was being terribly overrated by the judges voice-wise. In fact, I think most of the talent has been overrated this year by the judges.

I don't know that the talent has been overrated, because the performances have been very good.
Once upon a time on American Idol the singer had to do his or her own thing.
Now they are allowed to have several background singers or dancers and bring their own instruments. This has made an improvement in the presentation that wasn't there several years ago.
You could be right that the talent is overrated, but certainly the presentations are stronger and that may be masking defects in talent.

I also miss Simon Cowell.

pandy
04-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Simon really added to the show, the new judges seem like nice people but like everyone too much even when they don't perform well. I didn't watch the show the first few years, my wife did, but I thought it was just karoke. But it has really improved and I find it entertaining, some pretty good singers and there is no variety type show on tv anymore, so its nice to hear some music instead of all of the junk reality shows.

Lefty
04-09-2011, 02:23 AM
I have liked this show from the beginning. It's just amazing to see young raw talent perform at the professional level in just a few weeks.
I think the talent this year, overall, is the best ever.
These kids perform like they've been doing it for years.

Valuist
05-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Go Haley. She is in the final 3. She is having a concert at Arlington on Saturday starting after the last race. She used to sit next to my daughter in choir class in high school.

A good way for Arlington to try to tap into a new demographic. Granted, most aren't going to be betting and if they are, it may only be $2. But for most of those that go to the concert, I'm guessing its their maiden venture to a racetrack, and they will likely be pleasantly surprised. Maybe they can see that most of the stereotypes they've heard about a racetrack are nonsense.

Lefty
05-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Haley was my pick from the start-for the best legs. I really thought James Durbin would win it almost from the start. But more times than not, the best talent usually does not win-IMHO.

Robert Goren
05-13-2011, 01:25 PM
I miss Paula and Simon, but I can live without Kara and Ellen.

Lefty
05-13-2011, 01:32 PM
I liked Kara better than Paula. Ellen was totally lost on this show.

JustRalph
05-14-2011, 01:14 AM
I liked Kara better than Paula. Ellen was totally lost on this show.

Ellen is totally lost on her own show.

RaceBookJoe
05-14-2011, 09:41 AM
I miss Paula and Simon, but I can live without Kara and Ellen.

Then you will love the " X Factor"...Simon and Paula reunited. Ellen at least gave a little humor, but like Steven Tyler this year...basically a waste of a judge. Kara had some decent remarks when it came to songs, but thats all. Kara has a really good voice and she seemed like she would rather sing than judge. Jennifer Lopex has done a pretty good job. rbj

Greyfox
05-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Then you will love the " X Factor"...Simon and Paula reunited. Ellen at least gave a little humor, but like Steven Tyler this year...basically a waste of a judge. Kara had some decent remarks when it came to songs, but thats all. Kara has a really good voice and she seemed like she would rather sing than judge. Jennifer Lopex has done a pretty good job. rbj

Jennifer Lopez gets top marks.
Steven Tyler looks like a walking zombie.
Randy has worn out his welcome with me. I get tired of "yo" "yo"
"yo in it to win it."

James Durbin will go farther than any of the rest, although the others are very good too.