PDA

View Full Version : Kudos To Nick Hines (I Think)

Edward DeVere
04-07-2011, 07:58 PM
A couple days ago, Nick Hines commented on two Santa Anita Derby contenders.

If I recall correctly, he was very high on the appearance of Midnight Interlude in the morning. In fact, Hines made that horse his pick for Saturday.

And he was very blunt that Premier Pegasus did NOT look good.

toetoe
04-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Shall I tell you how Sarge himself looks ? His apperance and my appraisal of it are very important. Okay ... mebbe not.

joanied
04-07-2011, 08:48 PM
A couple days ago, Nick Hines commented on two Santa Anita Derby contenders.

If I recall correctly, he was very high on the appearance of Midnight Interlude in the morning. In fact, Hines made that horse his pick for Saturday.

And he was very blunt that Premier Pegasus did NOT look good.

Well, maybe he was right because PP has been sidelined with a hair line fracture to his cannon bone...showed up after the work....bummer:faint:

Midnight Interlude is another War Chant colt...check his pedigree, it's kinda strange, bottom side ain't much...who knows, but I don't think this one is going to win the SADerby...but, he is a grand looking horse.

Edward DeVere
04-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Still think it was a helluva call. Tell the world the favorite looks like crap - a very rare thing for an insider/semi-insider not named Tom Amoss to do - and then pick a recent maiden graduate to win the Santa Anita Derby.

(Don't worry. My next five posts will probably rip someone.)

Stillriledup
04-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Still think it was a helluva call. Tell the world the favorite looks like crap - a very rare thing for an insider/semi-insider not named Tom Amoss to do - and then pick a recent maiden graduate to win the Santa Anita Derby.

(Don't worry. My next five posts will probably rip someone.)

Aamos actually said some negative things about Katmanblu and the other favorite at Keeneland. I didnt catch what he said specifically, but i think he talked negatively about the two favorites, maybe something he saw in the morning?

Spalding No!
04-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Midnight Interlude is another War Chant colt...check his pedigree, it's kinda strange, bottom side ain't much...who knows, but I don't think this one is going to win the SADerby...but, he is a grand looking horse.

Midnight Interlude's dam won 2 of 4 starts in NZ and was 3rd in the Group 1 New Zealand Oaks at 12f.

GatetoWire
04-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Aamos actually said some negative things about Katmanblu and the other favorite at Keeneland. I didnt catch what he said specifically, but i think he talked negatively about the two favorites, maybe something he saw in the morning?
True....he said on TVG that the fact that they skipped the Fair Grounds Oaks race and that she appeared to be working below average was a big indicator to him that she was not primed for a top effort.

joanied
04-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Midnight Interlude's dam won 2 of 4 starts in NZ and was 3rd in the Group 1 New Zealand Oaks at 12f.

I used pedigree querry and they didn't have any info on her...but the dam sire won just once in Europe, his dam's dam is unraced, her sire has no wins...you gotta go back another generation to get to the good ones again...and there are some goodies there.
I'm not holding it against the colt, Spalding No...many top horses have a weaker bottom side to their pedigrees, so it isn't much of a big deal...I was just sayin'

Oh...I was sure wrong about him not being able to win the SA Derby:blush: ...my only excuse is that I didn't bother looking him up...PP's and all that...but, I hope this isn't red boarding...when Jaycito scratched and I saw that ML drew the 6 hole and Baffert was going for his 6th SA Derby...I decided to root for the colt...so it was an exciting finish and that colt has heart:ThmbUp:
:)

Spalding No!
04-11-2011, 07:11 PM
I used pedigree querry and they didn't have any info on her...but the dam sire won just once in Europe, his dam's dam is unraced, her sire has no wins...you gotta go back another generation to get to the good ones again...and there are some goodies there.

The damsire, Groom Dancer? He was a group 1 winner in France, beating eventual Arc winner and BC Turf runner-up Trempolino.

If you're referring to Night Shift, he was a top sire and broodmare sire in Britain during his stallion career.

joanied
04-11-2011, 08:30 PM
The damsire, Groom Dancer? He was a group 1 winner in France, beating eventual Arc winner and BC Turf runner-up Trempolino.

If you're referring to Night Shift, he was a top sire and broodmare sire in Britain during his stallion career.

I guess I read the info wrong...I was in a hurry (working)...haste makes waste and makes for mistakes:blush: ...you are right, sir...I stand corrected ...and now I like Midnight Interlude even more...too bad he hasn't got the earnings to get into the Derby gate...or am I wrong about that too:faint: :D

Spalding No!
04-11-2011, 08:40 PM
I guess I read the info wrong...I was in a hurry (working)...haste makes waste and makes for mistakes:blush: ...you are right, sir...I stand corrected ...and now I like Midnight Interlude even more...too bad he hasn't got the earnings to get into the Derby gate...or am I wrong about that too:faint: :D

If $600,000 in graded earnings isn't enough to get into the Kentucky Derby...

joanied
04-12-2011, 09:04 AM
If $600,000 in graded earnings isn't enough to get into the Kentucky Derby...

OOPPPSSS:blush: