PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Juice

sonnyp
04-07-2011, 07:00 PM
i've seen plenty of race horses an steroids.... trim, muscles rippling. i've seen the difference in appearance between pre-roid and post-roid athletes like mark mcguire and jose canseco .

i saw a recent picture of tiger woods the other day. let me say i'm no fan of golf. i noticed a little belly and a chest and set of shoulders that were nothing remarkable.

then i remember seeing pics of him when he was on top. model thin waiste, and while fist pumping after a big put, i was amazed at his physique in those tight shirts... biceps, shoulders and ripped. really, really impressive on a GOLFER !

today he finished an unimpressive six strokes back in round 1 of the masters. hasn't won a tournament since 2009.

if he wasn't juicing back then........i'm an astronaut and i'm not getting any checks from NASA.

Relwob Owner
04-07-2011, 08:03 PM
i've seen plenty of race horses an steroids.... trim, muscles rippling. i've seen the difference in appearance between pre-roid and post-roid athletes like mark mcguire and jose canseco .

i saw a recent picture of tiger woods the other day. let me say i'm no fan of golf. i noticed a little belly and a chest and set of shoulders that were nothing remarkable.

then i remember seeing pics of him when he was on top. model thin waiste, and while fist pumping after a big put, i was amazed at his physique in those tight shirts... biceps, shoulders and ripped. really, really impressive on a GOLFER !

today he finished an unimpressive six strokes back in round 1 of the masters. hasn't won a tournament since 2009.

if he wasn't juicing back then........i'm an astronaut and i'm not getting any checks from NASA.

I have to disagree with you here....he could be on something but I doubt it. When he was on top, he thought he was invincible, trained every day, was getting with different women, had the pretty wife and kids and thought he could do no wrong. Since then, his world has gotten shattered(deservedly so IMO). Divorce, being made fun of in the media(deservedly so IMO), losing a ton of dough, etc etc.......I think that those things have led to his golf game suffering and him not being in as great of shape.

To be as good as he was at golf, you have to have no doubts that you are better than everyone else and you have to think of yourself as being invincible.....he got called out on a national stage and proven he isnt.

In addition, I dont really think steroids are even that good of a fit in golf. I have played for a long time and known some pretty good players and the majority of them always laughed when they heard about Tiger steroid rumors. He is a big enough guy and he has always hit the ball far but thses guys always commented that roids could have a negative impact on your touch which makes sense to me.

As far as being "an unimpressive six strokes back", there isnt anything bad about being at 1 under after round 1. Most good players stay close the first few days, use "moving day" on Saturday to get in position and then finish strong. We will see if he can do it.

sonnyp
04-07-2011, 08:22 PM
the doctor he was linked to is known for steroids and athletes. hard to swallow the physical changes in woods and the end of his contact with this doctor are not connected.

not only is woods a shadow of his former self on the course but in the mirror also.

take a good look at him back in the day, in the middle of one of his fist pumps, it's not close.

working out and lifting weights can only do so much.

Relwob Owner
04-07-2011, 08:31 PM
the doctor he was linked to is known for steroids and athletes. hard to swallow the physical changes in woods and the end of his contact with this doctor are not connected.

not only is woods a shadow of his former self on the course but in the mirror also.

take a good look at him back in the day, in the middle of one of his fist pumps, it's not close.

Been playing golf for 27 years and follow golf closely and I totally disagree with you....yes he was in much better shape and that is because he was so intense and focused on being the best. You could also make a case that he wanted to case that he wanted to stay fit to get all of the girls he was on the hunt for .....You simply cant gain that much from steroids in golf IMO. He already had length and would probably be scared shitless of losing the incredible touch he has around the greens. He had been the best all his life and really didnt need the edge that most people use steroids for anyways.

As far as being linked to the doctor, has anything been proven?

Question-if he was using them, why would he have stopped? With all of the crap he has going on, wouldnt he need them more than ever?

His struggles on the course are much more related to his personal life and the fact that he realizes he isnt perfect anymore....plus, he is getting older and also having swing issues.

DRIVEWAY
04-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Don't they test for steroids in golf? I think they started a couple of years ago.

Robert Fischer
04-08-2011, 12:46 AM
there is a good probability that woods has experimented if not used steroids, growth hormones and their related compounds. His physical condition could have been achieved naturally as well. It's not really that big of an issue. Athletes use PEDs.

redshift1
04-08-2011, 04:29 AM

It's not like he had a sudden improvement then dropped off he's always been crazy good. His irrational behavior of a couple of years ago could be explained by stimulants or opiates as well as steroids.

Had he putted better Thursday he would have shot a 67-68.

Valuist
04-08-2011, 10:15 AM

It IS possible to gain muscle without drugs. Even a large amount of muscle without drugs. He had muscle but never would've been mistaken for a bodybuilder.

sonnyp
04-08-2011, 11:26 AM
he doesn't look like this any more.

(google images)
http://gossip.whyfame.com/files/2010/02/tiger_woods2.jpg

Rapid Grey
04-08-2011, 11:28 AM
It IS possible to gain muscle without drugs. Even a large amount of muscle without drugs. He had muscle but never would've been mistaken for a bodybuilder.

Yep, he's also playing against guys that probably do little to no weight training so he's going to look bigger, but put him next to a couple of football players and he'd look small. Tiger looks big but really is just over 6 feet tall and probably weighs no more than 190 lbs.

Relwob Owner
04-08-2011, 01:59 PM
he doesn't look like this any more.

(google images)
http://gossip.whyfame.com/files/2010/02/tiger_woods2.jpg

That looks like a picture of a guy who was in really good shape....he doesnt look like some of the 'roided up baseball players at all.....I asked you in post 4 these questions but you dont seem interested in answeringi.......if he was using them, why would he have stopped? With all of the crap he has going on, wouldnt he need them more than ever?

Also, any hard proof that you know of? Anything linked to his performance that can back up your accusations? So far, all I see is a guy making accusations who admitted they arent a golf fan and can only provide a picture to back up his claims.....

He used to be in better shape. He went through a lot and isnt in as good of shape......Your argument that his not playing as well now as being proof just isnt backed up by anything. He has been good all his life, even when he wasnt in this kind of shape.

sonnyp
04-08-2011, 02:26 PM
im not a prosecutor......(like the wonderful bunch, with all their financing, time and effort)....that are after bonds and clemens.

i'm not looking to start a one on one debate.

i originally posted after hearing a radio sports show on which one of the speakers who had been at a golf tournament a few years ago commented on how impressive and ripped tiger was in his tight blue nike shirt and white pants.

i had thought exactly the same thing, and just posted my opinion....nothing more. i thought the language in my post made it pretty clear it was an opinion.

as far as getting "off" of them, again just my opinion, i think he's had enough of the stress and strain of his "prior" approach to life. im sure he doesn't need money to maintain himself, so why continue to take the risk of it becomming another issue. i'm sure he'd like to continue to win, but i'm sure he wants no part of a drug controversy.

i've seen race horse trainers who have made themselves very comfortable in life via higher than usual performances, suddenly drop off. opinion again, they got what they needed and it just was not worth the scrutiny and risk any longer.

as far as the picture, yes he's very fit, not bulky but almost statuesque. just my opinion.

sonnyp
04-08-2011, 02:43 PM
her's one more i found

(google images)
http://www.opednews.com/populum/uploaded/tiger_woods_is_jesus-2430-20090817-81.jpg

Relwob Owner
04-08-2011, 02:43 PM
im not a prosecutor......(like the wonderful bunch, with all their financing, time and effort)....that are after bonds and clemens.

i originally posted after hearing a radio sports show on which one of the speakers who had been at a golf tournament a few years ago commented on how impressive and ripped tiger was in his tight blue nike shirt and white pants.

i had thought exactly the same thing, and just posted my opinion....nothing more. i thought the language in my post made it pretty clear it was an opinion.

as far as getting "off" of them, again just my opinion, i think he's had enough of the stress and strain of his "prior" approach to life. im sure he doesn't need money to maintain himself, so why continue to take the risk of it becomming another issue. i'm sure he'd like to continue to win, but i'm sure he wants no part of a drug controversy.

i've seen race horse trainers who have made themselves very comfortable in life via higher than usual performances, suddenly drop off. opinion again, they got what they needed and it just was not worth the scrutiny and risk any longer.

as far as the picture, yes he's very fit, not bulky but almost statuesque. just my opinion.

I am confused....you statred the thread because you said you "saw a recent picture of tiger woods the other day. let me say i'm no fan of golf. i noticed a little belly and a chest and set of shoulders that were nothing remarkable."....now, in the above post you are saying you posted after hearing something mentioned ona radio show-which is it?

I am all for a debate so a back and forth is fine with me.....I just think that if you are going to make an accusation(you say the post you started a thread with wasan opinion but re-read it and it is pretty clear with your "astronaut" verbiage what you were really saying) you should have more evidence than a picture and the fact that he got bigger.....also, your differing accounts of why you started the thread dont add up either.

The fact is noone knows except him and I am of the opinion there is almost no evidence he used anything.

Relwob Owner
04-08-2011, 02:49 PM

i've seen race horse trainers who have made themselves very comfortable in life via higher than usual performances, suddenly drop off. opinion again, they got what they needed and it just was not worth the scrutiny and risk any longer.as far as the picture, yes he's very fit, not bulky but almost statuesque. just my opinion.

Your comparison to horse trainers is a reach....Tiger had what he needed financially by the time he joined the tour.

sonnyp
04-08-2011, 02:58 PM
wow !!!!! r u a prosecutor ????

i had seen the pictures.....thought this guy must have been on roids.....was listening in the car to the radio....the guy says what i had thought.....included in his comments the roid issue.....i thought it was a coincidence and would make an interesting topic.

i'm not a fan, don't care if he did or didn't, but just thought it was an interesting topic.

i gotta ask....why are you so adament ? it almost seems like you've got a vested interest. i didn't mean to iritate anyone.

honestly, i was just trying to create interesting conversation.

Relwob Owner
04-08-2011, 04:40 PM
wow !!!!! r u a prosecutor ????

i had seen the pictures.....thought this guy must have been on roids.....was listening in the car to the radio....the guy says what i had thought.....included in his comments the roid issue.....i thought it was a coincidence and would make an interesting topic.

i'm not a fan, don't care if he did or didn't, but just thought it was an interesting topic.

i gotta ask....why are you so adament ? it almost seems like you've got a vested interest. i didn't mean to iritate anyone.

honestly, i was just trying to create interesting conversation.

Question....you start a thread accusing a guy of using steroids and you are asking me if I am a prosecutor? Come on....

No agenda for me, just don't like seeing allegations out there with no backup and when I see obvious inconsistencies, I wonder why the person is doing what they are doing.

Trying to create a conversation is asking the question and opening it up..you came out, made a huge accusation with little backup.....and, you haven't responded to any questions I have posted shooting holes in your theory.

I am really into golf and that is probably my only vested interest and why I strongly disagreed with you.....nothing personal Sonny, I just think that if you are going to make such a huge allegation, you should have more to back it up than they fact that he got bigger.

Have a good one

DJofSD
04-08-2011, 06:21 PM
I have the impression of Tiger that he knows a lot about physiology. Perhaps even more than most athletes. What is it about steriods the would improve his swing? Do steriods improve fast twitch muscles?

If you think that bulking up is going to make your swing better or send the ball down the range/fairway farther, you don't know jack about golf, sonny.

098poi
04-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Tiger -7, tied for third after 2 rounds!:ThmbUp: