PDA

View Full Version : YONKERS THURSDAY 4/7

botster
04-07-2011, 06:49 PM
This will wind up another week here."Put it in the books", as a famous metro New York announcer voices here after a rare Mets win.We had a very good night Tuesday and even though I didn't cash on ALBERT STREET as one of my standard w/p bets, he raced very well, and if not for bad racing luck it would have been even a better night!

Tonights card is here. I will not deter from what I have been doing all along.The overlays and value horses that I have come up with will be played the same, or with little variation in cost of bets.The near closing odds,competiton, and even the conditions of the races will play a factor in the amounts wagered.I have used a few "flyers" mixed in with these bets, usually at bigger odds and have failed up until this time.These type will be continued as well. I can do this, because I am cutting the bet down considerably and will not get hurt in the long run when I do catch them from time to time.I have decided to only get into pick4's and pick 3's, when I really feel strongly on one or two.I think I should concentrate more on triples,but again I am still feeling out in which way I should go with the exotics.

Tonights card has a bunch of Lou Pena entries.This will hurt us value players in the long run.I am hoping that something will be done soon to restrain this guy some.

1ST 7 NORTHERN BLUE I had seen this horse up in Canada a few years ago when I was following that circuit.She had no chance in her last,drops into conditions, and was in a tough group last week.Certainly the 3 MYSTICAL MAGGIE is the horse to beat here.

2ND This is the one I am most interested in tonight before seeing any odds.The last few nights we have witnessed two races in where the drivers made two bad decisions not to drive two overlay longshot winners.Bouchard here, I am hoping has made a good decision to drive 6 DUTCHESS SEELSTER.I thought that speed out of the gate in last was very encouraging and the trip here could have been better.This is not a bad trotter when ready to go.Also drops here into a condition event.

3rd 5 ISLAND TERROR lost to one much classier than these in last and had a very tough journey.Odds could be too short here, so it could be a watcher.
3 ROCA ROCKETT had some hidden pace in last and was shut off very late in last.Here lies the probable value.

5th 5 MODEL MAGNATE if there were ever a misguided past performance line with a trip this could be it.It's a step up,but off that last line she should compete.This is also a bit of a positive driver change here.

6th 4 KLM EXPRESS i can forgive that last line.I know this horse very well and he will rebound and have a big year.Last week was a pass @ 2-1 on the gate, and the 7-5 closing odds.Tonight the odds will be bigger.
6 UPFRONT PATSY BOY is the horse to beat.He has much going for him here.

8th Shades of JERSEY BLIZZARD last week here on 4 WYGANT PRINCE.What a stellar performance and wrapped up to boot.The Gowers have had great success with trotters in the past.
7 MARION MISS JULIE was also incredible in her last start for Pena. Morning line 6-5, she will have her hands full with WYGANT PRINCE drawing inside of her.

10th We have a few here that were badly impeded in last and raced very well. 7 SHINY MACH and 8 ALEXANDERTHEGREATN.

11TH 8 DINKADOO absolutely blew out the field after getting used the first quarter at Chester.This horse has always had a knack for closing,so I like this change of tactics.Nice classy trotter!

Good Fortune:)

botster
04-07-2011, 07:06 PM
It looks like they are leaving 6 DUTCHESS SEELSTER alone altogether tonight. The 3-6 double is 91 so that we will play some.I thought the 7 was the "flyer type" value here and that double will be an off the chart payoff. A few on that one as well.May invest more in the second race with this trotter...let's see.

botster
04-07-2011, 07:23 PM
It looks like they are leaving 6 DUTCHESS SEELSTER alone altogether tonight. The 3-6 double is 91 so that we will play some.I thought the 7 was the "flyer type" value here and that double will be an off the chart payoff. A few on that one as well.May invest more in the second race with this trotter...let's see.

The 7 got knocked down to 5-1 after the bell...:p.The #3 romps here on the front end.

botster
04-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Penas trotter 1 SEE THROUGH IT just keeps winning.This is what I mean by hurting the value players.My bet would be considerably higher if he wasn't in the race.I will box with 1-2-4 and cut down the w/p a good deal here.

Not4Love
04-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Botster - Is this the horse (See through it), that has a rep of warming up bad? He still looks bad, but a little better than last week. Just my opinion.

Not4Love
04-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Your horse ran BIG. Nice call.

botster
04-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Penas trotter 1 SEE THROUGH IT just keeps winning.This is what I mean by hurting the value players.My bet would be considerably higher if he wasn't in the race.I will box with 1-2-4 and cut down the w/p a good deal here.

Almost took all the marbles @ 22-1.

1 $2.60
6 $4.80 $7.60

ex 1-6 $37.40

botster
04-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Your horse ran BIG. Nice call.

Thanx N4L...It's a great confidence builder to get those type right.Trotting races I humbly admit are my "bread and butter", when it is all said and done...The GP hates them, I take advantage some of the time.

botster
04-07-2011, 07:48 PM
3-5 box for a few.$4 W 8 P #3

botster
04-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Botster - Is this the horse (See through it), that has a rep of warming up bad? He still looks bad, but a little better than last week. Just my opinion.

Yes it is...You very rarely see a trotter these days so off behind like this one warms up, and not have a constant breaking issue.Your right, he was a little better tonight in the warm-ups, but did not look very good going again.Didn't see the post race return to the winners circle...how did he look to you?

These guys have the best of recovery meds to get them back in and keep racing hard week in and week out.It can get very costly.

botster
04-07-2011, 08:01 PM
3-5 box for a few.$4 W 8 P #3

That was one of my longshot flyers last week 7 DOCDOR LIBBY.Nothing tonight on him 33-1!!!!!

botster
04-07-2011, 08:08 PM
This is a pass....

botster
04-07-2011, 08:22 PM
This is a pretty lackluster group here.The #5 MODEL MAGNATE here is worth a wager IMO.I don't like Lachance,but maybe he will make the right move here.
with 1-2-3-4-6.$15 win $20 p

botster
04-07-2011, 08:27 PM
This is a pretty lackluster group here.The #5 MODEL MAGNATE here is worth a wager IMO.I don't like Lachance,but maybe he will make the right move here.
with 1-2-3-4-6.$15 win $20 p

Wow another 33-1 shot...what's the odds of another one...:D?????

cecil127
04-07-2011, 08:36 PM
That was one of my longshot flyers last week 7 DOCDOR LIBBY.Nothing tonight on him 33-1!!!!!

id just like to add that i am almost at a breaking point over this race/horse. i pizzed away my $11 that i won on Allmyrowdy Friends in the finale at yonkas the other night(thanks botster-you da man-one mo time-you da man) on races i had no business betting last night. (knowing jake had no horses in last night)
then proceed today to make my tip of the day in the completely small time website that i post at "any hartline trained horse at yonkas tonight"-because i was there last week telling the horse to her face that she's got to do better and stroked her head lovingly enough to get the stable hands laughing out loud. litterally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bang: :( :bang: :(
i didnt want to shoot my mouth off last week when i was there but i was in pure unadulterated heaven for the hour or so i visited. pure heaven. i felt like i was in the locker room with the flyers and or phillies-well-there were some "fillys" haha-but anyway-yea, im about to die right about now. :bang:

Ringside Lauryn-same deal....shows for $8:bang:
if Chesca girl goes off at greater than 8/1 and wins in the 7th check the local bridges:D

botster
04-07-2011, 08:43 PM
KLM 40 W 60 P

botster
04-07-2011, 08:55 PM
KLM 40 W 60 P

Had to make that move or risk the place.

4 $3.40

ex $16.80

botster
04-07-2011, 09:05 PM
id just like to add that i am almost at a breaking point over this race/horse. i pizzed away my $11 that i won on Allmyrowdy Friends in the finale at yonkas the other night(thanks botster-you da man-one mo time-you da man) on races i had no business betting last night. (knowing jake had no horses in last night)
then proceed today to make my tip of the day in the completely small time website that i post at "any hartline trained horse at yonkas tonight"-because i was there last week telling the horse to her face that she's got to do better and stroked her head lovingly enough to get the stable hands laughing out loud. litterally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bang: :( :bang: :(
i didnt want to shoot my mouth off last week when i was there but i was in pure unadulterated heaven for the hour or so i visited. pure heaven. i felt like i was in the locker room with the flyers and or phillies-well-there were some "fillys" haha-but anyway-yea, im about to die right about now. :bang:

Ringside Lauryn-same deal....shows for $8:bang:
if Chesca girl goes off at greater than 8/1 and wins in the 7th check the local bridges:D

We have all been there Cecil...To own a part, or know, of a racehorse personally can get gut-wrenching at times.I try to keep my feelings for these animals under restraint at times so not to feel the hurt when one comes along and wins after I had bet the "motherload" on it the week before.Furthermore when one gets claimed FROM ME and then WINS!!!! "Why couldn't she win for me" like that???

I liked the speed try from this one, NOW 3 BACK, and thought she could improve off that...when she really didn't, I couldn't follow up on her.Gut- wrenching indeed,believe me I feel for you.Try to shrug it off pal.

Best botman

botster
04-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I would like to bet this one and root for WYGANT PRINCE,but it just isn't worth betting at these odds...Just rooting:jump:

botster
04-07-2011, 09:30 PM
I would like to bet this one and root for WYGANT PRINCE,but it just isn't worth betting at these odds...Just rooting:jump:

Too competative of a race to take those odds...Patience.

botster
04-07-2011, 09:33 PM
This race has almost the entire field with a legit shot 1 BOLERO TOPGUN was very good in last and got a tough beat by my pick that night.BALL MCARTNEY surprised me in last...will he do it again??? and what odds? The 5 RIOPELL shook loose late in last and may have won it all!!

botster
04-07-2011, 09:36 PM
This race has almost the entire field with a legit shot 1 BOLERO TOPGUN was very good in last and got a tough beat by my pick that night.BALL MCARTNEY surprised me in last...will he do it again??? and what odds? The 5 RIOPELL shook loose late in last and may have won it all!!

BOLERO TOPGUN should not be 5-1 here...I will take this and bet 1/2 the standard if he stays here.

botster
04-07-2011, 09:38 PM
BOLERO TOPGUN should not be 5-1 here...I will take this and bet 1/2 the standard if he stays here.

No Good 7-2...pass

botster
04-07-2011, 09:40 PM
No Good 7-2...pass

Can we get 5-1 on RIOPELLE?

botster
04-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Can we get 5-1 on RIOPELLE?

COULDN'T GET THE BET IN.

botster
04-07-2011, 09:48 PM
COULDN'T GET THE BET IN.

We saved money there.BOLERO turns the tables tonight again not looking too sporty up front doing it @ 3-1...No value.The value couldn't reach.

botster
04-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Ray must be all over this one...hahahaha FUTURE FAN 7-5.I can't see him anywhere,but that's handicapping!!!

botster
04-07-2011, 09:54 PM
The 7&8 are overlays in this group.$4w $8 place on both.

Tic-Tac
04-07-2011, 10:06 PM
DD

314 w 3728

Gl

botster
04-07-2011, 10:07 PM
The 7&8 are overlays in this group.$4w $8 place on both.

The 7&8 were loaded,but excess cover.The #1 FUTURE FAN was the most overbet horse of the evening.I take that back...the week!

botster
04-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Pena...1-9!! If I could have beat him that 1 time in the second race tonight I would have taken back everything I said about him....hahahaha;).

DINKADOO $4 WIN $8 PLACE.$2 EX 3-6/8 IN A BOX.

botster
04-07-2011, 10:12 PM
DD

314 w 3728

Gl

Good Fortune:)

botster
04-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Pena...1-9!! If I could have beat him that 1 time in the second race tonight I would have taken back everything I said about him....hahahaha;).

DINKADOO $4 WIN $8 PLACE.$2 EX 3-6/8 IN A BOX.

No chance...Pena...AGAIN!

botster
04-07-2011, 10:30 PM
I am a little biased to 2 FAROUCHE HANOVER, but will not play here.I like the way she goes and I believe she has some good miles in her.Pena is in here again with an inside post.I figure, there must be a race in the future he can't win, because he is not entered.

Until Monday Good Fortune:)