PDA

View Full Version : Keeneland questions

serp
04-07-2011, 09:36 AM
I usually go to Keeneland quite a bit in April/October but usually in the reserved seats with a group. We have some late additions to the group for this Saturday and it's doubtful we'll find more seats available near the other seats.

It's not a big deal as some of us like to stand near the track anyways but I have always wondered about those tables you see inside that seem heavily camped. The tables seem to always be taken when I arrive (usually 11-12). How early would one need to get there to get one?

Also do they have a policy on laptops/tablets? Pretty sure they didn't have wifi in Oct. Always just used my phone for stuff but if I had a table it might be nice to have a better screen for things.

BillW
04-07-2011, 09:40 AM
I usually go to Keeneland quite a bit in April/October but usually in the reserved seats with a group. We have some late additions to the group for this Saturday and it's doubtful we'll find more seats available near the other seats.

It's not a big deal as some of us like to stand near the track anyways but I have always wondered about those tables you see inside that seem heavily camped. The tables seem to always be taken when I arrive (usually 11-12). How early would one need to get there to get one?

Also do they have a policy on laptops/tablets? Pretty sure they didn't have wifi in Oct. Always just used my phone for stuff but if I had a table it might be nice to have a better screen for things.

10:00 AM is usually fine (9:30 on busy days) to have your choice of tables and laptops are fine. I know that public WiFi is open during dark days for simulcasting and contests but I'm not sure about the live meet (unless you know someone :) )

serp
04-07-2011, 09:59 AM
10:00 AM is usually fine (9:30 on busy days) to have your choice of tables and laptops are fine. I know that public WiFi is open during dark days for simulcasting and contests but I'm not sure about the live meet (unless you know someone :) )

Thank you very much.

Charli125
04-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Thank you very much.

I'll also add that sitting at those tables is a blast. Whenever I visit I sit there with Bill and a host of characters. There is a guy called Coach, two Tom's, a lady who has to be close to 90 yet everyone tries to copy her picks...it's a great time.

Plus, depending on where you sit, you can see the paddock on one side, and step out the other side to see the race.

JustRalph
04-07-2011, 03:50 PM
I'll also add that sitting at those tables is a blast. Whenever I visit I sit there with Bill and a host of characters. There is a guy called Coach, two Tom's, a lady who has to be close to 90 yet everyone tries to copy her picks...it's a great time.

Plus, depending on where you sit, you can see the paddock on one side, and step out the other side to see the race.

2nd that motion........... Bill will be holding court soon..... :ThmbUp:

Bill, make sure you pass my regards to both Tom's ..........

BillW
04-07-2011, 06:17 PM
2nd that motion........... Bill will be holding court soon..... :ThmbUp:

Bill, make sure you pass my regards to both Tom's ..........

Will do :ThmbUp:

toussaud
04-08-2011, 12:26 PM
first race is in 30 minutes I'm excite!