PDA

View Full Version : Trump giving traction to "birther" movement?

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 04:07 AM
Say what you want about Trump, but he is about to give at least some credibility to those many label as "racist, kooky & insane"...the so-called birthers...

I know some on here will immediately discount Trump and what he says in the following interview, but there are many in America who will hear this coming from The Donald and start thinking that perhaps this thing really does have some legs...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/vp/42462615#42462615&from=en-us_msnhp&gt1=43001

http://www.therightscoop.com/trump-my-people-in-hawaii-cant-believe-what-they-are-finding/

http://thepage.time.com/2011/04/06/trump%E2%80%99s-hawaii-investigation/

I believe the full interview with Meredith Vieira is to air later today.

bigmack
04-07-2011, 04:23 AM
The entertaining part is that Brian Williams sets up the piece by saying - What Donald Trump calls 'Birthers', and then goes on to say that he has gained traction with "Birthers."

As if this is the first time Williams has uttered or even heard of "Birthers." :D

How some in the media live with themselves given the amount dishonesty they bathe in, is beyond me.

Robert Goren
04-07-2011, 06:56 AM
NBC is heavily invested in the Trump brand until at least the current Apprentice is over.

pandy
04-07-2011, 07:44 AM
I have felt that Trump should leave the birth cert. thing alone but I just watched his interview on the Today Show (there will be more later) and I have to admit that for the first time I was able to see why he is not dropping it, it was alarming.

GaryG
04-07-2011, 08:32 AM
The secret of Barry the Kenyan's birth certificate is buried as deep as the truth about the JFK assassination. I doubt that any of us will ever know.

ArlJim78
04-07-2011, 09:18 AM
heard someone yesterday say that Trumps hair has better name recognition than most of the rest of the GOP field.:D

jognlope
04-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Meredith should have brought up the two newspaper announcements in Hawaii papers of Obama's birth. I was watching Trump and he had such a mean spirited, spiteful look on his face. He's got nothing but birther theory, that's it? He's not only mean, he's vacant.

prospector
04-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Meredith should have brought up the two newspaper announcements in Hawaii papers of Obama's birth. I was watching Trump and he had such a mean spirited, spiteful look on his face. He's got nothing but birther theory, that's it? He's not only mean, he's vacant.
a little biased are you? how do you get mean from a simple question? are, are you reading from the dem's playbook...
mean spirited..lol..sound like harry reid

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm actually glad a guy like Trump is getting this out there...one way or the other, I hope his involvement is the end of this controversy one way or the other.

I'm sure someone sympathetic to Obama can come up with an amazing forgery if need be.... :lol:

ArlJim78
04-07-2011, 11:07 AM
I love it, now Trump is sending his own investigators to Hawaii!!:lol:

Washington (CNN) – Self-proclaimed birther Donald Trump is now so doubtful of President Obama's birthplace that he's sent a team of his own investigators to Hawaii in hopes of getting to the bottom of the issue.
That's according to Trump himself, who, in an interview with NBC, warned his investigators just might uncover "one of the greatest cons in the history of politics and beyond."

"I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding," Trump said an interview that aired Thursday Morning.

Asked if he has assigned people specifically to search in Hawaii, Trump said, "Absolutely."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/07/trump-sends-investigators-to-hawaii-to-look-into-obama/

pandy
04-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Has anyone ever reported about the vetting procedure for a presidential candidate? I would think that Congress, or someone in charge of vetting would have to review each candidate's credentials, including his or hers birth certificate, and that a copy of it would be on file with said official.

Robert Goren
04-07-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm actually a guy like Trump is getting this out there...one way or the other, I hope his involvement is the end of this controversy one way or the other.

I'm sure someone sympathetic to Obama can come up with an amazing forgery if need be.... :lol:Nothing is going to end it. No matter what Obama produces there will be some who claim it is an "amazing forgery".

Robert Goren
04-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Has anyone ever reported about the vetting procedure for a presidential candidate? I would think that Congress, or someone in charge of vetting would have to review each candidate's credentials, including his or hers birth certificate, and that a copy of it would be on file with said official.The state do that before they put someone on the ballots. Some states do a better job than others. In Nebraska, the real vetting begins for locally elected officials before they take office. They have to post a bond in order to be seated. There use to be a bonding company in Iowa that handled it most officials(they still may do it, but I am not sure). A number of years there was a controversy involving a county commissioner, when the notice of his bond was delayed in the mail until after the dead line. The office was declared vacant. They went to the same procedure that they use to fill a vacancy as when someone dies, resigns, etc. The other Commissioners appoint someone. After way too much public hand wringing they appointed the the guy who won the election.

Dave Schwartz
04-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Personally, I have no problem with asking/demanding for a proof of birth from anyone seeking the World's Highest Office.

Perhaps the republican strategy is to make this such an issue before the next election that it cannot go away. If this is a true smoking gun, then the democrats will find themselves in the same position as the republicans: Who do we run?

This is a great strategical move for the republicans I think.

Dave Schwartz

boxcar
04-07-2011, 12:29 PM

Newspapers announcements are hardly "official documents". Anyone at any time at any place who has the money for the ads can place any ad and have it worded any way they want. Newspapers do not validate the info that is given to them, which in all probability is given over the phone. Therefore, anyone wishing to to make it appear that a child was native born in this country could place that ad. And more people in this world desire to be in the U.S. than in any other country.

I know this sounds mean-spirited to you -- but it's the truth.

Boxcar

jognlope
04-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Please explain how the newspaper announcements were faked, would be interested in hearing. It's just ridiculous, and it's covering up a personal hatred of Obama for other reasons the birther can't admit to. Obama will come out smelling like a rose.

Tom
04-07-2011, 12:43 PM
I hear Kenya is pushing Trump to prove he didn't come from there.:rolleyes:

Greyfox
04-07-2011, 12:43 PM
If my daughter gave birth to a child in Kenya in the 60's I'd have announced in our home town paper that he/she was born here in my house. We'd register the birth after she got back in the country.
Obama's mother's parents were wise in doing that, if that was the case.

Even today anyone can announce virtually anything they want in a newspaper if they buy an ad.
Then 40 years from now you can show your grand-children that you really did something spectacular. eg. Congratultions to Tom on return from Moon!

Native Texan III
04-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Personally, I have no problem with asking/demanding for a proof of birth from anyone seeking the World's Highest Office.

Perhaps the republican strategy is to make this such an issue before the next election that it cannot go away. If this is a true smoking gun, then the democrats will find themselves in the same position as the republicans: Who do we run?

This is a great strategical move for the republicans I think.

Dave Schwartz

He was almost definitely born in the World he has gained office within.
He was only going for USA though.

It is always a bad strategy to concentrate one iota on any non-issues.

People want to know about jobs, their future etc.
They vote on what effects them, the rest is baloney.

FantasticDan
04-07-2011, 12:58 PM
NBC is heavily invested in the Trump brand until at least the current Apprentice is over. :ThmbUp:

http://www.salon.com/news/2012_elections/index.html?story=/politics/war_room/2011/04/07/nbc_promotes_trump_birtherism

ArlJim78
04-07-2011, 12:59 PM
why would they place that announcement anyway, two college kids hook up, the father a deadbeat who was already married with kids in Kenya, a shotgun wedding, then after the birth they decide that they've just got to get this information out there in the paper?

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm actually a guy like Trump is getting this out there...one way or the other, I hope his involvement is the end of this controversy one way or the other.I'm sure someone sympathetic to Obama can come up with an amazing forgery if need be.... :lol:

What controversy? There is no controversy. He was born in Hawaii, only nut jobs and kooks say otherwise, at this point. It's disgraceful to go down this path again (I know you were just posting Trump's comments, so please don't take this personally--it is absolutely not directed toward you). Let's focus on Obama's out-of-control spending, healthcare reform that doesn't reform, incoherent foreign policy and flip-flops on matters like Gitmo.

boxcar
04-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Please explain how the newspaper announcements were faked, would be interested in hearing. It's just ridiculous, and it's covering up a personal hatred of Obama for other reasons the birther can't admit to. Obama will come out smelling like a rose.

Are you really serious? Go back and read my post. Anyone can pick up the phone, call a newspaper, place any ad they want, word the ad the way they want and give them a charge card number. End of "big mystery". If you don't believe this, try it for yourself. Call your local newspaper and place an ad.

Boxcar

boxcar
04-07-2011, 01:12 PM
What controversy? There is no controversy.

Hey, have you followed up, yet, with the Governor of Hawaii to see if he has ever managed to find that elusive BC? I'd be interested in hearing how you made out.

Boxcar

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Hey, have you followed up, yet, with the Governor of Hawaii to see if he has ever managed to find that elusive BC? I'd be interested in hearing how you made out.

Boxcar

The damn thing is available all over on-line. Now you're going to say that it's a fake or it says "Certificate of Live Birth," and not "Birth Certificate." Even better, his parents very cleverly placed the birth announcement 49 yrs ago (from Kenya, I assume), knowing their new-born baby would one day want to run for president of the United States. Think about how absurd that is. Hey, if they were smart enough to place the ad, knowing he would one day run for prez, why didn't she just give birth in the United States? Again, kooks and nut-jobs.

Most important, politically, this is a loser for the GOP. It appeals to kooks, not swing voters. So if you want Obama to be re-elected (I don't), keep pushing this issue.

FantasticDan
04-07-2011, 01:42 PM
It's been proven 5,874 times that trying to logically lecture the kook out of boxcar doesn't work, but good try nonetheless ;)

skate
04-07-2011, 03:31 PM
is the Donald getting set to file for Bankruptcy?

skate
04-07-2011, 03:34 PM
gees, it just doesn't take anything at all to disqualify theBO, that's one job he has been able to do all by himself.

I can't believe he'd jump into Libya...nice job BO.:jump:

newtothegame
04-07-2011, 03:42 PM
What " other " reasons would you be referring to? Please explain how the newspaper announcements were faked, would be interested in hearing. It's just ridiculous, and it's covering up a personal hatred of Obama for other reasons the birther can't admit to. Obama will come out smelling like a rose.

FantasticDan
04-07-2011, 03:47 PM
What " other " reasons would you be referring to?Exactly. He's "the other".

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2010_09/025818.php

JustRalph
04-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Trump..........PT Barnum would be proud

Greyfox
04-07-2011, 03:48 PM
The Even better, his parents very cleverly placed the birth announcement 49 yrs ago (from Kenya, I assume), knowing their new-born baby would one day want to run for president of the United States. Think about how absurd that is..

The grand-parents and parents would have no idea about his future.
They would not place the ad so that he could become Prez some day.
They would place the ad because there are lots of advantages to being an American citizen at birth in comparison to Kenyan citizenship by birth.
It doesn't take a rocket-scientist to figure that out.
I'd do it for my daughter immediately if I could.
And in the '60's they easily could.

FantasticDan
04-07-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/07/birther-bonkers-donald-trump_n_846051.html

"Bro, what's with the birther stuff?" :D

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 04:02 PM
The grand-parents and parents would have no idea about his future.
They would not place the ad so that he could become Prez some day.
They would place the ad because there are lots of advantages to being an American citizen at birth in comparison to Kenyan citizenship by birth.
It doesn't take a rocket-scientist to figure that out.
I'd do it for my daughter immediately if I could.
And in the '60's they easily could.

From Kenya...yes, happens all the time.

dartman51
04-07-2011, 04:12 PM

What part of his GRANDPARENTS lived in Hawaii, don't you understand???? :confused:

bigmack
04-07-2011, 04:30 PM
While you spend so much effort exclaiming how foolish people look for bringing up the issue, does it dawn on you how easily it could all go away if he just coughed-up the actual legal document.

Poof; end of story. That seems easy enough, right :confused:

ArlJim78
04-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Like Trump says, what possible plausible reason would the guy have for spending so much money to keep his birth certificate private? It makes no sense.

newtothegame
04-07-2011, 04:47 PM
While you spend so much effort exclaiming how foolish people look for bringing up the issue, does it dawn on you how easily it could all go away if he just coughed-up the actual legal document.

Not sure about you mack...but, I would rather spend ALOT of money to keep it from being seen...:bang:

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 05:21 PM
It's just ridiculous, and it's covering up a personal hatred of Obama for other reasons the birther can't admit to.Oh, please stop. Are you going to call Trump a racist now?

"For other reasons..." :lol:

That ship sailed a long time ago. It has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with political philosophy and beliefs.

That's why MOST people don't like him. Are there racists in the world who don't like Obama because he is half-black? Of course.

But why must you travel down this most vile of paths? Is it because it's an "easy out" in this debate?

There are plenty of black politicians backed by the supposedly "racist" Tea Party. What do you say about that?

newtothegame
04-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Oh, please stop. Are you going to call Trump a racist now?

That ship sailed a long time ago. It has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with political philosophy and beliefs.

Ohh Mike...your being a bit harsh lol.
Now you know its really the repugs who are racist...those damn tea party types...:lol:
Funny though.....it most every thread I have seen here, its the LEFT who brings race into the picture...
And they wonder why racism is alive and well. BECAUSE THEY NEED TO KEEP IT ALIVE.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 05:32 PM
What part of his GRANDPARENTS lived in Hawaii, don't you understand???? :confused:

What part of this myth has been debunked repeatedly don't you understand?

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 05:33 PM

Have you done an online search lately? I know you're good at that, and I say that with complete sincerity.

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Why are people so sensitive when this topic is raised?

The fact remains that Obama has never produced his actual birth certificate. The governor of Hawaii made it a point when he was running for office to say he was going to produce the document, then when he went to look for it, he couldn't find it...odd, don't you think?

http://nation.foxnews.com/justice/2011/01/20/hawaii-governor-claims-record-obamas-birth-exists-archives-cant-produce-vital-doc

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Oh, please stop. Are you going to call Trump a racist now?

That's why MOST people don't like him. Are there racists in the world who don't like Obama because he is half-black? Of course.

But why must you travel down this most vile of paths? Is it because it's an "easy out" in this debate?

There are plenty of black politicians backed by the supposedly "racist" Tea Party. What do you say about that?

If Obama's life story were exactly the same except his father hailed from Ireland, do you think this discussion would be taking place now? I do wonder, even though I appreciate your other points in this post.

bigmack
04-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Have you done an online search lately?
I see no reason. You're not gonna "short form" me are ya?

Greyfox
04-07-2011, 05:41 PM
What part of this myth has been debunked repeatedly don't you understand?

Is it a myth that the grand-parents lived in Hawaii? The grand-mother was a Vice President at a bank there at the time of his birth.

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 05:42 PM
"The Apprentice" has been on TV for years. Has Trump made it a habit of being an attention/publicity whore in order to increase ratings for the show in the past?

Just asking. I guess maybe that blowup with Rosie O'Donnell? How many years ago was that?

Just trying to see it from the other side's point of view. I don't think "Obama vs. birthers" would be Trump's top choice for getting attention/ratings. It has the potential to blow up in his face....why would he do this?

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Why are people so sensitive when this topic is raised?

The fact remains that Obama has never produced his actual birth certificate. The governor of Hawaii made it a point when he was running for office to say he was going to produce the document, then when he went to look for it, he couldn't find it...odd, don't you think?

http://nation.foxnews.com/justice/2011/01/20/hawaii-governor-claims-record-obamas-birth-exists-archives-cant-produce-vital-doc

Because it's absurd.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Is it a myth that the grand-parents lived in Hawaii? The grand-mother was a Vice President at a bank there at the time of his birth.

I don't care where his aunt, grandparents, uncle or cousins lived. It's plain stupid to say they placed an ad in a paper 49 yrs ago, so someday he could claim US citizenship.

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 05:45 PM
If Obama's life story were exactly the same except his father hailed from Ireland, do you think this discussion would be taking place now? I do wonder, even though I appreciate your other points in this post.If there was some controversy surrounding whether he was born here or in Ireland, and his politics and background were all the same, the only difference being he was 100% white?

Yes, I believe this discussion would be taking place. Because no matter his race, he will always have political enemies, and these enemies will always seize whatever they can to take the top dog down, regardless of his racial composition.

The whole "this is only about racism" thing is absolutely absurd. It's a convenient defense mechanism though for those who don't wish to engage, I'll give you that...

Greyfox
04-07-2011, 05:45 PM
I don't care where his aunt, grandparents, uncle or cousins lived. It's plain stupid to say they placed an ad in a paper 49 yrs ago, so someday he could claim US citizenship.

It would have been plain stupid of them not to do so if he was born anywhere else.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 05:48 PM
"The Apprentice" has been on TV for years. Has Trump made it a habit of being an attention/publicity whore in order to increase ratings for the show in the past?

Just asking. I guess maybe that blowup with Rosie O'Donnell? How many years ago was that?

Just trying to see it from the other side's point of view. I don't think "Obama vs. birthers" would be Trump's top choice for getting attention/ratings. It has the potential to blow up in his face....why would he do this?

Don't his ratings stink now (or at very least are slumping) vs a few yrs ago? I thought I'd heard that. Honestly I haven't watched the program, except for a total of maybe 5 minutes. I can't stand Trump. As Ralph pointed out, he'd make PT Barnum proud.

How about the wealth tax Trump proposed in the 90s to pay down the debt? Sounds more left wing than Obama, to me.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 05:50 PM
It would have been plain stupid of them not to do so if he was born anywhere else.

Yes, we have a long history of people doing this. Millions have become US citizens by placing birth announcements in newspapers. Do you know how insane that sounds?

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 05:50 PM
How about the wealth tax Trump proposed in the 90s to pay down the debt? Sounds more left wing than Obama, to me.You won't find me posting anywhere on this site that I would vote for the man, if that's what you're getting at.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 05:52 PM
If there was some controversy surrounding whether he was born here or in Ireland, and his politics and background were all the same, the only difference being he was 100% white?

Yes, I believe this discussion would be taking place. Because no matter his race, he will always have political enemies, and these enemies will always seize whatever they can to take the top dog down, regardless of his racial composition.

The whole "this is only about racism" thing is absolutely absurd. It's a convenient defense mechanism though for those who don't wish to engage, I'll give you that...

I hope you're right.

bigmack
04-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Because it's absurd.
So it's true; you're a "short former."

He's the Pres. Short is good enough for you and everyone else is a fool.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 05:54 PM
You won't find me posting anywhere on this site that I would vote for the man, if that's what you're getting at.

Oh I know - sorry if I implied anything like that by the placement of the wealth tax info. And more importantly, I've never seen you post anything even remotely racist. Ever. Period.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 05:56 PM
So it's true; you're a "short former."

He's the Pres. Short is good enough for you and everyone else is a fool.

BM, your hypocrisy is too delicious (you're famous for the hit/post and run). So I'll take the bait - it's my opinion, so I can't be wrong! Should I post the source of that quote for everyone???

Pace posted a Fox story and I posted a link with all the birth certificate info you need.

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Don't his ratings stink now (or at very least are slumping) vs a few yrs ago? I thought I'd heard that. Honestly I haven't watched the program, except for a total of maybe 5 minutes. I can't stand Trump. As Ralph pointed out, he'd make PT Barnum proud.

How about the wealth tax Trump proposed in the 90s to pay down the debt? Sounds more left wing than Obama, to me.His ratings have been in a slide since the show started, from what I have seen.

But this really wasn't the question I asked. I asked if he has a habit of generating controversy to drum up ratings on The Apprentice. Maybe he does...and I am simply unaware of his track record.

bigmack
04-07-2011, 05:59 PM
BM, your hypocrisy is too delicious (you're famous for the hit/post and run).
Hit/post & run. What? :lol:

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 06:03 PM
His ratings have been in a slide since the show started, from what I have seen.

But this really wasn't the question I asked. I asked if he has a habit of generating controversy to drum up ratings on The Apprentice. Maybe he does...and I am simply unaware of his track record.

Right, but I was giving you a reason why he might stir the pot a little more now. I don't think he's ever been camera shy, but I've never followed him closely. I know his dad was a rich real estate developer, his businesses have filed bankruptcy several times and he's a clown, in my opinion.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Hit/post & run. What? :lol:

Glad you enjoyed that BM!

bigmack
04-07-2011, 06:06 PM
What hole have you been in? Everyone has seen the short form. It ain't cuttin' it.

So you believe the short form is all that is necessary for a President.

Just so we're clear.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 06:10 PM
What hole have you been in? Everyone has seen the short form. It ain't cuttin' it.

So you believe the short form is all that is necessary for a President.

Just so we're clear.

I apologize BM (we're clear now). I thought you weren't happy with the adequacy of my answer. Click on the links within the Annenberg document - it sure looks official to me. You're a smart guy. This is sheer lunacy. In your heart, you must know that.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Also, I realize there's a birth certificate with some weight and height info on it, which is what you're probably calling long form (I guess that's the proper term--I havent' read about this in 5 yrs). So are you saying the document on the site I provided is a fake? If so, why didn't they just fake the hospital one?

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Actually, sheer lunacy is a president who simply won't make available the original birth certificate, or explain why this very simply act can't be accomplished.

Trump produced his original birth certificate when the first one he gave the media was deemed "NOT GOOD ENOUGH." An excellent little ploy on his part, wouldn't you agree?

I can get you my original birth certificate if need be...how about you Mike? Can you get me yours? I bet you can...

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Actually, sheer lunacy is a president who simply won't make available the original birth certificate, or explain why this very simply act can't be accomplished.

Trump produced his original birth certificate when the first one he gave the media was deemed "NOT GOOD ENOUGH." An excellent little ploy on his part, wouldn't you agree?

I can get you my original birth certificate if need be...how about you Mike? Can you get me yours? I bet you can...

First, I'm glad you used the word sheer, because it allowed me to correct my spelling in my prior post. Thank you. I'm more than satisfied with the documentation provided. Do you contend the Anneberg doc is a fake?

bigmack
04-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I apologize BM (we're clear now). I thought you weren't happy with the adequacy of my answer. Click on the links within the Annenberg document - it sure looks official to me. You're a smart guy. This is sheer lunacy. In your heart, you must know that.
Ya see, you can't wade in these waters assuming others haven't already done their homework.

That's the short form. You choose to believe that is all that is necessary. That's your prerogative. But when everyone else who was born here has the long form and The President is unwilling to offer his, that's strange & downright oddballish.

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Do you contend the Anneberg doc is a fake?

I make no such contentions. I have no idea what might be fake or not. I trust other experts to determine that if need be.

I love a good conspiracy theory, and in recent months, with the newly elected governor of Hawaii making it a mission of his to produce the actual birth certificate and put these "birthers" to rest, and then FAILING to do so, and now Trump...well...it's getting interesting again.

That's all from my end.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 06:25 PM
I make no such contentions. I have no idea what might be fake or not. I trust other experts to determine that if need be.

I love a good conspiracy theory, and in recent months, with the newly elected governor making it a mission of his to produce the actual birth certificate and put these "birthers" to rest, and then FAILING to do so, and now Trump...well...it's getting interesting again.

That's all from my end.

Yeah I've never been a conspiracy theorist, so I guess that's the difference. Surprised you are. I'm out on this matter, too, as people will believe what they believe.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Ya see, you can't wade in these waters assuming others haven't already done their homework.

That's the short form. You choose to believe that is all that is necessary. That's your prerogative. But when everyone else who was born here has the long form and The President is unwilling to offer his, that's strange & downright oddballish.

I wasn't assuming too much in this case. I had just forgetten the terms from 3 yrs ago (said 5 before, I think..sorry). I just stopped reading nonsense on the matter by the summer of 2008. So I thank you for reminding me of the terms. That said, I think this is all crazy, and it doesn't help the Reps. Over and out.

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Yeah I've never been a conspiracy theorist, so I guess that's the difference. Surprised you are. I'm out on this matter, too, as people will believe what they believe.I don't know why you're surprised. I've posted about everything from 9/11 to the controversial Kentucky Derby "handshake" between Day and Stevens where they appeared to pass something between them...

Like I said, I love a good conspiracy theory...

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 06:31 PM
That said, I think this is all crazy, and it doesn't help the Reps. Over and out.Most of the "Reps" aren't worth helping anyway...and besides, that's not the point.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 06:33 PM
I don't know why you're surprised. I've posted about everything from 9/11 to the controversial Kentucky Derby "handshake" between Day and Stevens where they appeared to pass something between them...

Like I said, I love a good conspiracy theory...

I wasn't doubting you (was just surprised), and I've never read your 9/11 theories ---thank god. Now I'm out.

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 06:33 PM
I wasn't doubting you (was just surprised), and I've never read your 9/11 theories ---thank god. Now I'm out.Way to put words in my mouth. I asked questions. I did not put forth theories...

You seem to have a difficult time dealing with stuff that really isn't all that difficult...odd....

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 06:36 PM
All I did was ask a question at the beginning of this thread. Is Trump giving traction to the "birther" movement?

I offered my opinion that I think that he is...I say his name is big enough that this will garner this controversy a lot more attention.

bigmack
04-07-2011, 06:43 PM
That said, I think this is all crazy
I agree. And to think how easily it could all be averted. Doesn't that ever occur to you?

Malia: Daddy, can I get a pony.
Barack: Sorry honey, Daddy spent too much on attorney's fees so that he wouldn't have to show his long form BC.

Again, I agree. That's nuts.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Way to put words in my mouth. I asked questions. I did not put forth theories...

You seem to have a difficult time dealing with stuff that really isn't all that difficult...odd....

I guess I should have put a smiley emoticon after the thank god. Sorry if I offended you, it absolutely was not my intention.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 06:45 PM
I agree. And to think how easily it could all be averted. Doesn't that ever occur to you?

Malia: Daddy, can I get a pony.
Barack: Sorry honey, Daddy spent too much on attorney's fees so that he wouldn't have to show his long form BC.

Again, I agree. That's nuts.

This was funny! Seriously.

newtothegame
04-07-2011, 07:03 PM

Funny you think its absurd.....
Is it also absurd to think that thousands of people illegally cross our borders every year to gain citizenship?

FantasticDan
04-07-2011, 07:37 PM
It's definitely odd when people perpetuate stuff that isn't true.. such as the Hawaii governor couldn't find it BS, one of boxcar's favorite tunes.

That old chestnut was started by a radio host, who then recanted the whole thing:

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-01-27/news/27738132_1_barack-obama-president-obama-birth-certificate

Here's another helpful link regarding the long vs short form "debate", which is also a heaping helping of cow pie nonsense:

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2009/jul/01/obamas-birth-certificate-final-chapter-time-we-mea/

Also to note in that link is the fact that the newspaper notices of his birth came directly from the HI Dept of Health, not from the grandparents or any other private citizens.

fast4522
04-07-2011, 07:54 PM
All I did was ask a question at the beginning of this thread. Is Trump giving traction to the "birther" movement?

I offered my opinion that I think that he is...I say his name is big enough that this will garner this controversy a lot more attention.

I agree with you PA, but look at things in totality with the amount of damage to the President's creditability as a whole. This week Barry, Nancy, and Harry getting the kneecaps done quite well by freshmen in The United States House of Representatives, I just hope the mean season can completely destroy any chance of this trio of stealing more unprinted money for their filthy left wing agenda.

prospector
04-07-2011, 08:35 PM
i find it "entertaining" but a huge distraction from the damage obammer is doing to the country..
shut it down, please..with no backpay for govn employees..not for giving them a paid vacation..

Secretariat
04-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Of all the things Barrack Obama could be lambasted for, this is what seems to garner the right wing nuts the most.

Even after snopes.com and every court has dismissed this as absurd.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

For those who want to keep replaying this stuff, ...go for it. Pretty obvious the Donald is looking to swing votes with some of the teabaggers.

With all the problems in this country this is the issue they want to keep replaying.....whew....

bigmack
04-07-2011, 09:27 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp[/url]

For those who want to keep replaying this stuff, ...go for it. Pretty obvious the Donald is looking to swing votes with some of the teabaggers.
Teabaggers - What do they have to do with this? Do you have poll showing TP's are "birthers"?

So I'm clear from your link & FanDan's, there IS no long form?

Is that what you're saying?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/boBD.png

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 09:32 PM
It's definitely odd when people perpetuate stuff that isn't true.. such as the Hawaii governor couldn't find it BS, one of boxcar's favorite tunes.

That old chestnut was started by a radio host, who then recanted the whole thing:

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-01-27/news/27738132_1_barack-obama-president-obama-birth-certificate

Here's another helpful link regarding the long vs short form "debate", which is also a heaping helping of cow pie nonsense:

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2009/jul/01/obamas-birth-certificate-final-chapter-time-we-mea/

Also to note in that link is the fact that the newspaper notices of his birth came directly from the HI Dept of Health, not from the grandparents or any other private citizens.You and Saratoga Mike are 100% correct. It is all SO ridiculous, is it not...especially the EXCUSES...All over a simple birth certificate.

Tell me. What classified information is on this birth certificate that one simple call from the Governor's mansion in Hawaii to a staffer in the oval office couldn't clear up for release?

Did they mistakenly print the Nuclear Missile Codes on Obama's birth certificate way back when?

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2011, 10:03 PM
I love how some in this thread are getting all worked up about this "injustice" being done to Obama. Yet these are probably the same people who kept muttering aloud how Bush "stole" the 2000 elections.... :rolleyes:

kingfin66
04-08-2011, 01:51 AM
i find it "entertaining" but a huge distraction from the damage obammer is doing to the country..
shut it down, please..with no backpay for govn employees..not for giving them a paid vacation..

I agree. Shut the whole damn thing down for good. No pay for govt employees, no pay for Congress, and especially no pay for anybody on entitlement programs. No paid vacations for free lunches any more.

lamboguy
04-08-2011, 03:25 AM
whats interesting is that obama might have been elected illegally. i have no idea if chasing after a birth cirtificate is to try to hit on someones nerves, or just a stall for trump until he comes up with a platform that he wants to run on.

i don't know enough about what trump plans to do incase he gets elected right now. all i know now is that he is hunting down a birth certificate. i suspect he might have something there on that matter other wise he would not persue the matter. in my house my wife ate up this deal about the birth certificate like ice cream. she is a recently converted liberal and just sent the trump organization $100 for his run for office.

JustRalph
04-08-2011, 06:23 AM
The long form has his real name on it

Speculated by many to be an anti western Muslim name that was popular in the era in which was born.

Hell if I know what that means but I have a call into Muhammed Ali

jognlope
04-08-2011, 08:06 AM
If Obama had been born in Bora Bora, he's still automatically a U.S. citizen, because his mother was born in US. Not that he was. But we have a right to cover up racism with birtherism in this country.

Whoopie Goldberg assesses Trump correctly,
"That's the biggest load of dog mess I've heard in a while," she said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51855.html#ixzz1IvsJRMRS

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2011, 10:42 AM
If Obama had been born in Bora Bora, he's still automatically a U.S. citizen, because his mother was born in US. Not that he was. But we have a right to cover up racism with birtherism in this country.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51855.html#ixzz1IvsJRMRSYour ignorance is obscene on multiple levels.

Remember all the criticism Bush took at the hands of his detractors, both fair and unfair? Was any of that due to racism? No...it was due to ideological and political differences. They called Bush a WAR CRIMINAL and the MAN BEHIND the 9/11 attacks. None of which was true.

Was any of that because of racism? No, it wasn't.

So why is it automatically racism when there is a conspiracy theory floating around out there about Obama? Probably because it's much simpler to point the finger of racism than it is to question why exactly it is so difficult for this man to produce a copy of his original birth certificate, something I along with millions of others have at our disposal.

You still have no answer for that one.

And it's not true that he is automatically a citizen because of his mother. If that were true, there would be no controversy...there would be no conspiracy theory.

RaceBookJoe
04-08-2011, 11:08 AM
I would be happy to see how he filled out his school application. rbj

FantasticDan
04-08-2011, 12:01 PM
So why is it automatically racism when there is a conspiracy theory floating around out there about Obama? Probably because it's much simpler to point the finger of racism than it is to question why exactly it is so difficult for this man to produce a copy of his original birth certificate, something I along with millions of others have at our disposal. You still have no answer for that one.
Has there ever been an issue of a presidential candidate's birth certificate? Has the distinction of what "form" it is ever been the source of a supposed controversy? Has every candidate only supplied the "long form", and Obama's stands out as an aberration to that rule? Has anything regarding a candidate's (or sitting prez's :D ) birth cert ever been "news" before? Precendents?

From one of the articles I linked earlier:

When we spoke to a spokeswoman for the Hawaii Department of Health, she said too much was being made of the difference between the so-called "long" and "short" forms.

"They're just words," said spokeswoman Janice Okubo. "That (what was posted on the Internet) is considered a birth certificate from the state of Hawaii."

"There's only one form of birth certificate," she said, and it's been the same since the 1980s. Birth certificates evolve over the decades, she said, and there are no doubt differences between the way birth certificates looked when Obama was born and now.

"When you request a birth certificate, the one you get looks exactly like the one posted on his site," she said. "That's the birth certificate."

As for the theory that Obama's original birth certificate might show he was foreign-born, Okubo said the "Certification of Live Birth" would say so. Obama's does not. Again, it says he was born in Honolulu.

There is only one reason why this whole birther nonsense even exists. Refer to my earlier post about Obama being "the other".

Show Me the Wire
04-08-2011, 03:36 PM

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51855.html#ixzz1IvsJRMRS

What you say is maybe true, generally American citizens abroad have the right to select American citizenship for their offspring. However, the child is not a "Natural" born citizen eligible for election to the presidency. Of course there are exceptions to this rule, which apply to Americans abroad due to service to the U.S.

Obama's case is even more tangled, because one parent was not an U.S. citizen.

Tom
04-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Has there ever been an issue of a presidential candidate's birth certificate?

Has any president ever refused to show his REAL BC before?
That is all I am asking - show me the real deal.

With eveything their POS has hidden from us, school records, writings, etc., why on earth should I believe a thing he says? I have my BC at thre ready AND HAVE SHOWN IT many times without a hesitation. What is Obama afraid of?

bigmack
04-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Has any president ever refused to show his REAL BC before?
That is all I am asking - show me the real deal.
FanDan buys this cockamamie story that the short form IS the real deal.

That, and he can't quite answer why BO has attorney's fighting to keep whatever is there, hush hush.

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Has there ever been an issue of a presidential candidate's birth certificate? Has the distinction of what "form" it is ever been the source of a supposed controversy? Has every candidate only supplied the "long form", and Obama's stands out as an aberration to that rule? Has anything regarding a candidate's (or sitting prez's :D ) birth cert ever been "news" before? Precendents?

From one of the articles I linked earlier:

When we spoke to a spokeswoman for the Hawaii Department of Health, she said too much was being made of the difference between the so-called "long" and "short" forms.

"They're just words," said spokeswoman Janice Okubo. "That (what was posted on the Internet) is considered a birth certificate from the state of Hawaii."

"There's only one form of birth certificate," she said, and it's been the same since the 1980s. Birth certificates evolve over the decades, she said, and there are no doubt differences between the way birth certificates looked when Obama was born and now.

"When you request a birth certificate, the one you get looks exactly like the one posted on his site," she said. "That's the birth certificate."

As for the theory that Obama's original birth certificate might show he was foreign-born, Okubo said the "Certification of Live Birth" would say so. Obama's does not. Again, it says he was born in Honolulu.

There is only one reason why this whole birther nonsense even exists. Refer to my earlier post about Obama being "the other".Has there ever been a modern day President with questions surrounding him about whether or not he was born in the USA? If there was, then I'm sure the issue of valid proof (ie. original birth certificate) was and should have been raised.

I remember issues being raised about John McCain and where he was born (Panama, I believe). Was that racism? He's as white as they come....

Those who take the easy way out here and point that finger of racism are only kidding themselves.

If Allen West ever runs for President, I guarantee you there will never be a controversy surrounding where he was born. When Jesse Jackson ran for President all those times, there was never any controversy about where he was born or if he was qualified under the Constitution to be President of the United States. Same goes for Alan Keyes. All these men are black. And none ever had the question raised if they were qualified constitutionally to be President. Why is that?

newtothegame
04-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Has there ever been a modern day President with questions surrounding him about whether or not he was born in the USA? If there was, then I'm sure the issue of valid proof (ie. original birth certificate) was and should have been raised.

I remember issues being raised about John McCain and where he was born (Panama, I believe). Was that racism? He's as white as they come....

Those who take the easy way out here and point that finger of racism are only kidding themselves.

If Allen West ever runs for President, I guarantee you there will never be a controversy surrounding where he was born. When Jesse Jackson ran for President all those times, there was never any controversy about where he was born or if he was qualified under the Constitution to be President of the United States. Same goes for Alan Keyes. All these men are black. And none ever had the question raised if they were qualified constitutionally to be President. Why is that?

I will take Because it doesnt fit the lefts agenda for a 1000 Alec......
( que the jeapardy song).....

cj's dad
04-08-2011, 06:47 PM
I did hear a report that Eisenhower's was questioned.

Robert Goren
04-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Has there ever been a modern day President with questions surrounding him about whether or not he was born in the USA? If there was, then I'm sure the issue of valid proof (ie. original birth certificate) was and should have been raised.

If Allen West ever runs for President, I guarantee you there will never be a controversy surrounding where he was born. When Jesse Jackson ran for President all those times, there was never any controversy about where he was born or if he was qualified under the Constitution to be President of the United States. Same goes for Alan Keyes. All these men are black. And none ever had the question raised if they were qualified constitutionally to be President. Why is that?There was no controversy until Obama won. No one ever thought Jackson or Keyes had any chance of winning. McCain and Romney's father were the only people I ever remember seeing anyone question. I would like to see a list of the people who question Obama and also questioned McCain. I think it would be very short list.

Robert Goren
04-08-2011, 07:20 PM
I did hear a report that Eisenhower's was questioned. Where?

bigmack
04-08-2011, 07:21 PM
There was no controversy until Obama won. No one ever thought Jackson or Keyes had any chance of winning. McCain and Romney's father were the only people I ever remember seeing anyone question. I would like to see a list of the people who question Obama and also questioned McCain. I think it would be very short list.
So you're here to further the racist claim? :lol:

cj's dad
04-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Where?

I'll try to find it

boxcar
04-08-2011, 11:13 PM
There was no controversy until Obama won. No one ever thought Jackson or Keyes had any chance of winning. McCain and Romney's father were the only people I ever remember seeing anyone question. I would like to see a list of the people who question Obama and also questioned McCain. I think it would be very short list.

It doesn't have very much to do with his winning nearly as much as it does with his secretive past, lack of promised transparency and the fact that he has established himself as a serial liar very early on in his presidency. These dubious characteristics and his serious character flaw don't exactly engender trust in any person -- at least for me. For other people, these facts don't matter so much.

Hey, look...a lot of high profile conservatives don't buy into this birth thing -- people like Rush, Hannity, Beck, etc. I think they're naive not to question it -- but, again, that's me.

Boxcar

Rookies
04-08-2011, 11:36 PM
What you say is maybe true, generally American citizens abroad have the right to select American citizenship for their offspring. However, the child is not a "Natural" born citizen eligible for election to the presidency. Of course there are exceptions to this rule, which apply to Americans abroad due to service to the U.S.Obama's case is even more tangled, because one parent was not an U.S. citizen.

This is exacttly the situation with my kids. But we still did have to apply for it on their behalf during one small 6 month window of opportunity. And we did and they are !

TJDave
04-09-2011, 12:07 AM
What you say is maybe true, generally American citizens abroad have the right to select American citizenship for their offspring. However, the child is not a "Natural" born citizen eligible for election to the presidency. Of course there are exceptions to this rule, which apply to Americans abroad due to service to the U.S.

Obama's case is even more tangled, because one parent was not an U.S. citizen.

I don't know what is meant by "natural born citizen" and I don't know anyone else who knows either.

To a certainty. :rolleyes:

xtb
04-09-2011, 12:50 AM

Nope, from http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_5199.html

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock

A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) of the INA provided the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen, is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.) The U.S. citizen parent must be genetically related to the child to transmit U.S. citizenship.

BO's mother did not meet the requirements.

kingfin66
04-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Interesting topic, it definitely has a life of it's own. I have a question: Is it unusual for somebody to not be able to produce an original copy of their birth certificate? I am one who cannot. I do have a copy of my birth certificate, but it is certainly not the original. The story goes like this. I was born at Camp LeJeune, NC in 1966. A birth certificate was issued (hand written I might add) and was lost in the ensuing years. When I was going to get my driver's license, I needed a birth certificate. My parents had to call the hospital in NC to have a copy issued. It was printed from microfiche. It has to be the worst birth certificate ever. In my mind, it looks totally face and flimsy, yet it has never been denied for anything nor should it be. It is what I have available. The U.S. government had no problem issuing me a passport with the document in my possession.

My question is, is it really that hard to believe that somebody would not be able to produce an original copy of their birth certificate, or is the issue is that it is Obama that cannot do it?

riskman
04-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Barack Obama, Sr., was born in Kenya. Citizenship by descent through the father is natural law and is recognized by all nations.[ I think? ] Under this scenario, BO also inherits the citizenship of his father and also becomes a natural-born citizen of the nation their father belongs regardless of where they might be born. So,if does not work out for BO on the U.S. birth issue he could start a new political career in the Republic of Kenya. :)

highnote
04-09-2011, 02:20 AM
How about the wealth tax Trump proposed in the 90s to pay down the debt? Sounds more left wing than Obama, to me.

I read Trump's book "Art of the Deal" many years ago. I'm pretty sure he was a big contributor to the Democratic party.

He's toyed with the idea of running for office several times, but when push came to shove he backed off. I wouldn't be surprised if he just likes the publicity and has no intention of actually running. He likes the attention. I have no problem with him spouting off. It makes for good entertainment. He's a showman.

hcap
04-09-2011, 05:27 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories#Origi ns_of_the_claims

..In 1961, birth notices for Barack Obama were published in both the Honolulu Advertiser and the Honolulu Star-Bulletin on August 13 and August 14, 1961, respectively, listing the home address of Obama's parents as 6085 Kalanianaole Highway in Honolulu.[18][19] On November 9, 2008, in response to the persistent rumors, the Advertiser posted on its web site a screenshot of the announcement taken from its microfilmed archives. Such notices were sent to newspapers routinely by the Hawaii Department of Health.[18]

In an editorial published on July 29, 2009, the Star-Bulletin pointed out that both newspapers' vital-statistics columns are available on microfilm in the main state library. "Were the state Department of Health and Obama's parents really in cahoots to give false information to the newspapers, perhaps intending to clear the way for the baby to someday be elected president of the United States?" the newspaper asked.[57]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b8/Obama_birth_announcement.jpg

bigmack
04-09-2011, 06:31 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories#Origi ns_of_the_claims
You's a tad late to the party and you sure is leaning mighty heavy on Wiki these days.

Seems a smidgen 'bush league' for you.

Wouldn't you prefer to go with the racist angle?

That way, you don't have to prove nothin'.

Rookies
04-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Nope, from http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_5199.html

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock

A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) of the INA provided the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen, is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.) The U.S. citizen parent must be genetically related to the child to transmit U.S. citizenship.

BO's mother did not meet the requirements.

Untrue. While this was exactly the situation for my children, it doesn't apply to the President as he was born in Hawaii- end of story.

Robert Goren
04-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Interesting topic, it definitely has a life of it's own. I have a question: Is it unusual for somebody to not be able to produce an original copy of their birth certificate? I am one who cannot. I do have a copy of my birth certificate, but it is certainly not the original. The story goes like this. I was born at Camp LeJeune, NC in 1966. A birth certificate was issued (hand written I might add) and was lost in the ensuing years. When I was going to get my driver's license, I needed a birth certificate. My parents had to call the hospital in NC to have a copy issued. It was printed from microfiche. It has to be the worst birth certificate ever. In my mind, it looks totally face and flimsy, yet it has never been denied for anything nor should it be. It is what I have available. The U.S. government had no problem issuing me a passport with the document in my possession.

My question is, is it really that hard to believe that somebody would not be able to produce an original copy of their birth certificate, or is the issue is that it is Obama that cannot do it?A hospital can not provide a BC in most states. The state government does. The names of the agencies vary from state to state. Getting one has gotten a harder since 9/11, but not much. He has produced the very same document that the state of Washington sent me when I needed one for Social Security. If it is good enough for SS, why isn't it good enough for you?

bigmack
04-09-2011, 08:32 AM
He has produced the very same document that the state of Washington sent me when I needed one for Social Security. If it is good enough for SS, why isn't it good enough for you?
Did you hear anything about Trump producing short and the media jumping on him for long?

News like that doesn't reach Nebraska?

Go to bat for DT like you did for BO. That'll be good for a laugh.

Robert Goren
04-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Did you hear anything about Trump producing short and the media jumping on him for long?

News like that doesn't reach Nebraska?

Go to bat for DT like you did for BO. That'll be good for a laugh. I never have and know of no one else who has ever questioned Trump's citizenship. There was some stir over Trump producing some sort of document he claimed was a BC. He latter produced a different state issued document. I never even questioned John McCain's right to be president although some did. What I thought about his ability to be a good president was different story.

hcap
04-09-2011, 11:20 AM
You's a tad late to the party and you sure is leaning mighty heavy on Wiki these days.

Seems a smidgen 'bush league' for you.

Wouldn't you prefer to go with the racist angle?

That way, you don't have to prove nothin'.
Such notices were sent to newspapers routinely by the Hawaii Department of Health

"Were the state Department of Health and Obama's parents really in cahoots to give false information to the newspapers, perhaps intending to clear the way for the baby to someday be elected president of the United States?" the newspaper asked.

So the Hawaii Department of Health placed the adds in CAHOOTS with the vast left wing conspiracy/George Sors/Al Gore/elitist union goons?

How's your Obama Nazi Youth Death Camp theory doing lately? Now there's a beast that can use a certificate.

bigmack
04-09-2011, 11:47 AM
How's your Obama Nazi Youth Death Camp theory doing lately? Now there's a beast that can use a certificate.
You know what, ChumP? That's about the 20th time you've mentioned that and I haven't a clue WTF you're talkin' about. Enlighten me.

hcap
04-09-2011, 12:17 PM
You know what, ChumP? That's about the 20th time you've mentioned that and I haven't a clue WTF you're talkin' about. Enlighten me.You have gotta be kidding ChumPee.

Once again when all else fails the ole' twinkie defense to the the rescue? Mr. Chumpee, you proudly announced the following: post # 30 on the " Devoted Youth" thread

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66239&page=2&pp=15&highlight=camp

...Dig, Mojo.

Chuck, a reader of my website AtlasShrugs.com, has a daughter in the eleventh grade in a public high school, Perry Local in Massillon, Ohio. The teacher in her government class passed out a propaganda recruiting paper – headed with Obama’s distinctive “O” logo — asking students to sign up as interns for Organizing for America.

Here is the entire document:
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/...c-school-1.html

Several weeks of indoctrination with suggested reading for each week. What was the SugRead after the initial session? I rest my case.

http://biggovernment.com/2010/01/31...n-high-schools/

Atlas Shrugged because Atlas doesn't know what the f**k he is talking about

BTW, check out that great early photo of you and toe post # 16

cj's dad
04-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Where?

http://puzo1.wordpress.com/2011/03/26/president-dwight-eisenhower-had-to-file-a-birth-certificate-to-run-for-president-unlike-obama-ike-had-nothing

bigmack
04-09-2011, 12:41 PM
You have gotta be kidding ChumPee.
What about it? If I recall you kept asking for the document.
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2010/01/atlas-exclusive-obama-organizing-for-communism-and-youth-corps-in-the-public-school-1.html

There ya go.

Next?

hcap
04-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Once again Twinkie Mason you don't remember squat.

I kept asking for any other sources-any mainstream media to verify Atlas Witless. I think I mentioned that for the absurd propaganda spin you loonies were regurgitating to be true, the babel about 10s of thousands of brainwashed kids should have legs and make it into daylight

Hundreds and thousands of newspaper/media stories about this should have been the breaking story of the year.

Instead all we got were you, PA off topic, Palin and Bachman bitchin' bout everything else

boxcar
04-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Hey, 'cappy, riddle me this: Without the Source Document (BC) how can we know with certainty that BO's COLB was issued based on an application of birth within or without the state, since Hawaii issues both types of certificates?

Hawaii Law concerning COLB

[From Berg blog]
The only document that Obama points to is his Certificate of Live Birth. And for most people that'd be ok, and the argument goes 'hey if he has one of those he must be a natural born citizen'. But here is the problem, according to the State of Hawaii, it is possible to register an out of state birth in Hawaii and receive a COLB:

[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

http://www.eons.com/groups/topic/1165351-Hawaii-Law-concerning-COLB

Let me know on this, will ya?

Boxcar

bigmack
04-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Once again Twinkie Mason you don't remember squat.

I kept asking for any other sources-any mainstream media to verify Atlas Witless. I think I mentioned that for the absurd propaganda spin you loonies were regurgitating to be true, the babel about 10s of thousands of brainwashed kids should have legs and make it into daylight
Oh, that's right. You wanted to see a hard copy of it in your grimy hands. :lol:

That's the document right there for ya.

So it's your little charade to pimp it because it wasn't a BIG story? :ThmbUp:

hcap
04-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Oh, that's right. You wanted to see a hard copy of it in your grimy hands. :lol:

That's the document right there for ya.

So it's your little charade to pimp it because it wasn't a BIG story? :ThmbUp:

It wasn't a "big" story, because it wasn't "a" story at all. Bullshit as usual. Ok, post one story other than from a rightie blog or Faux Noos. Hey maybe glenn gots the lowdown?

bigmack
04-09-2011, 01:40 PM
It wasn't a "big" story, because it wasn't "a" story at all. Bullshit as usual. Ok, post one story other than from a rightie blog or Faux Noos. Hey maybe glenn gots the lowdown?
Let it go, Baby, let it go.

Yoga & drop a needle on The Mars Hotel. You'll be fine in no time.

hcap
04-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Whadamada, Glenn abandoning ship?

Damn, what are you guys gonna do for hard news?

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 01:52 PM
hcap, why are you posting in this subject? I thought it was "dead."

Was I accurate in my choice of title for this thread? It appears so.

It will be interesting to see how this ends up for Trump. It's an interesting issue for him to hang his hair (err...I mean hat) on...one would think he wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole if in fact he didn't think the story had legs...

What say you hcap? Why do you think a guy like Trump, who has never been considered a "tin foil hair (err...I mean hat)" kind of guy, would go to bat for this "conspiracy theory?"

What is the benefit to him? If there is no bulk to this story, then he comes off looking like a total idiot. Does Donald Trump enjoy coming off looking like a total idiot?

I'd like to get your thoughts on this, minus the usual partisan/racial rhetoric.

boxcar
04-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Whadamada, Glenn abandoning ship?

Damn, what are you guys gonna do for hard news?

And what are you going to do for hard answers to my 124?

Boxcar

Tom
04-09-2011, 01:57 PM
And what are you going to do for hard answers to my 124?

Boxcar

When HELL freezes over. Oh, wait, that's the Global Warming thread.
My bad.

hcap
04-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Hey, 'cappy, riddle me this: Without the Source Document (BC) how can we know with certainty that BO's COLB was issued based on an application of birth within or without the state, since Hawaii issues both types of certificates?

Hawaii Law concerning COLB

[From Berg blog]
The only document that Obama points to is his Certificate of Live Birth. And for most people that'd be ok, and the argument goes 'hey if he has one of those he must be a natural born citizen'. But here is the problem, according to the State of Hawaii, it is possible to register an out of state birth in Hawaii and receive a COLB:

[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

http://www.eons.com/groups/topic/1165351-Hawaii-Law-concerning-COLB

Let me know on this, will ya?

Boxcar

Or.....

The director of Hawaii's Department of Health, Chiyome Fukino, issued a statement confirming that the state held Obama's "original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures

The Health Department's director emphasized the assertion:

I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of the Hawai'i State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawai'i State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawai'i and is a natural-born American citizen. I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008, over eight months ago.[37]

The COLB is just a straw man. Has any righty blog/conspiracy site/real news org demonstrated that she indeed traveled to Kenya(or whereever) and then returned? Any travel documents? Passport info? Anything to contradict the HAWAIIAN OFFICIAL STORY?

IT IS ONE THING TO PROPOSE A THEORY, IT IS ANOTHER TO SUBSTANTIATE IT. UNLESS YOU TAKE THE "FAITH BASED" APPROACH to reality. With all you conspiracy nuts out there I would think your assertion about Obamas' Mom traveling to Kenya and returning would have been demonstrated with documents conclusively. It seems to me you guys would have covered all bases in your theories by now. So it is no wonder ALL the courts including the Supreme court does not take you seriously. We have an official account testified to by officials, backed by the courts. It is your burden to prove otherwise. You have only posted suppositions

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 02:18 PM
What do you need all that for when a simple copy of the original birth certificate will do?

Obama's mom was a well known traveler, was she not? After the President was born, she moved from Hawaii to Washington state...then to Indonesia for 3.5 years or so...she was no stranger to an airplane, that much we know.

hcap
04-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Claims:

Obama was born in Kenya
Obama's paternal step-grandmother's version of events

An incorrect but popularly reported claim is that his father's step-mother, Sarah Obama, told Anabaptist Bishop Ron McRae in a recorded transatlantic telephone conversation that she was present when Obama was born in Kenya.

The McClatchy newspapers gave an explanation of how the false story about Obama's step-grandmother began. The tape is cut off in the middle of the conversation, before the passage in which she clarifies her meaning: "'Obama was not born in Mombasa. He was born in America,' the translator says after talking to the woman. ... Another response later says, 'Obama in Hawaii. Hawaii. She says he was born in Hawaii.'"

Sarah Obama shed more light on the controversy in a 2007 interview with the Tribune Company. In the interview, Obama's paternal step grandmother stated that six months after Barack Obama Sr. and Ann Dunham were married, she received a letter (at her home in Kenya) announcing the birth of Barack Obama II, who was born August 4, 1961.[39]

hcap
04-09-2011, 02:32 PM
You guys made a big boobo about Haw wain law and time line

However, the suggestion that this could have applied to Obama was rejected by Janice Okubo, director of communications for the Hawaii Department of Health: "If you were born in Bali, for example, you could get a certificate from the state of Hawaii saying you were born in Bali. You could not get a certificate saying you were born in Honolulu. The state has to verify a fact like that for it to appear on the certificate".[51]

Another fact that refutes this specific claim is that the law allowing foreign-born children to obtain Hawaiian birth certificates did not exist until 20 years after Obama was born, while Obama’s published birth certificate says his birth information was recorded four days after his birth in 1961, and explicitly states that he was born in Honolulu.[52]

Next?

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Yeah, it's all so kooky isn't it hcap? Hell, even back in 2006 when Obama was just a Senator, they were screwing up where he was born. This article in the Honolulu Advertiser originally claimed he was born in Indonesia...go figure...that's the same paper that folks like you like to show us contained a birth announcement for Obama:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Jan/08/ln/FP601080334.html

http://www.dailypaul.com/111002/scrubbed-yet-another-article-claiming-obama-is-a-foreigner

http://web.archive.org/web/20060207151627/the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Jan/08/ln/FP601080334.html (this takes a while to load)

Hell, here's a 2004 AP story that I just found on web.archive.org...gotta love that headline:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040627142700/eastandard.net/headlines/news26060403.htm

Yeah, it's all just about racism... :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Yup, that "Kenyan-born" headline was apparently added by someone working at the Sunday Standard, a Kenyan news organization.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/ap.asp

I suppose they were just being racist... :lol:

hcap
04-09-2011, 02:55 PM
This article in the Honolulu Advertiser originally claimed he was born in Indonesia...go figure...that's the same paper that folks like you like to show us contained a birth announcement for Obama:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/a...P601080334.htmlWhere?

I found only this.

CORRECTION: A correction on this story was published on Sunday, Jan. 15, 2006: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., was born in Honolulu on Aug. 4, 1961. A Page One story last Sunday contained incorrect information about his birthplace.

Btw, where is the original?Another link in the long tangled chain of conspirators? Give it up

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Here is the original:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060207151627/the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Jan/08/ln/FP601080334.html

It take a while to load for some reason, but it is there...

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Paragraph #14:

Both were born outside the country — Obama in Indonesia, Duckworth in Thailand — and graduated from high school in Honolulu — Punahou and McKinley, respectively.

Greyfox
04-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Btw, where is the original?

The penny finally dropped for you. Where is the original?

hcap
04-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Snopes not only debunks that story, but the entire Birther nonsense as well. Give it up and instead let's go bonkers about community organizer crap and therefore how 1/2 term governor Palin is presidential material instead

Later guys. Too pathetic a bunch of conspirators to take seriously :cool:

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 03:06 PM
My only point today is to show the massive confusion that existed and apparently still exists surrounding Obama's birthplace.

This has nothing to do with racism. I believe my examples above prove this point resolutely.

Hopefully, jognlope reads this and has a response...

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Snopes not only debunks that story, but the entire Birther nonsense as well. Give it up and instead let's go bonkers about community organizer crap and therefore how 1/2 term governor Palin is presidential material instead

Later guys. Too pathetic a bunch of conspirators to take seriously :cool:Did that HA article-original load for you hcap? The one on web.archive.com? Just making sure you got a good look at the original that you were demanding to see... :lol:

hcap
04-09-2011, 03:08 PM
My only point today is to show the massive confusion that existed and apparently still exists surrounding Obama's birthplace.

This has nothing to do with racism. I believe my examples above prove this point resolutely.

Hopefully, JoanieD reads this and has a response...Massive confusion is the first thing you guys should have admitted.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Massive confusion is the first thing you guys should have admitted.You engage, yet you refuse to engage in any sort of adult or constructive manner. Why do you even bother if this is so beneath you?

You never answered my question about why Trump would hang his hat on this...does he seem like the kind of guy who enjoys looking like an idiot (well, based on his haircut, I suppose you could answer that in the affirmative, but barring that...)

Tom
04-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Massive confusion is the first thing you guys should have admitted.

Well, then, there is only one way to clear up this confusion, isn't there?
Any MAN worth his salt would step up to the plate and offer proof.

If he had any. :D

Robert Goren
04-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Well, then, there is only one way to clear up this confusion, isn't there?
Any MAN worth his salt would step up to the plate and offer proof.

If he had any. :DHe has. You just refuse to accept it.

Tom
04-09-2011, 05:03 PM
The REAL one.

Bobby, how do you ever get warrants when you are so easy on evidence?
I spoke to Eams....she wants to see the real deal.

hcap
04-09-2011, 05:05 PM
You never answered my question about why Trump would hang his hat on this...does he seem like the kind of guy who enjoys looking like an idiot (well, based on his haircut, I suppose you could answer that in the affirmative, but barring that...)The haircut is vanity. His position is a publicity stunt aimed at the gullible for the sake of political ambitions. Is it any wonder you guys are calling him "my hero"

I answered your all questions. And others.
I did the same in the GW thread. I try to stick to evidence and facts. If you don't buy it, there is nothing more I can do.

Pace Cap'n
04-09-2011, 05:08 PM

Hopefully, JoanieD reads this and has a response...

jognlope. I do the same thing.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 05:35 PM
jognlope. I do the same thing.Ooops...I always confuse them...must be the 'Js' lol

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 05:36 PM
The haircut is vanity. His position is a publicity stunt aimed at the gullible for the sake of political ambitions. Is it any wonder you guys are calling him "my hero"

I answered your all questions. And others.
I did the same in the GW thread. I try to stick to evidence and facts. If you don't buy it, there is nothing more I can do.OK, it's a publicity stunt...why this? The charge he is making is a little more serious than some dust-up with Rosie O'Donnell, wouldn't you say?

Plus, we thought this issue was dead and buried, so why would he use this as a "political ambition" stepping stone?

If I understand what you are implying by saying a man like Trump would use this for the sake of "political ambition", does this mean more people than you have previously admitted believe Obama wasn't born in the USA? And if this is true, doesn't that compel Obama even more to release a copy of his original birth certificate? It's really a simple thing for him to do...even you must wonder why it hasn't been done already.

And please, don't put words in my mouth. I never called Trump my hero.

FantasticDan
04-09-2011, 05:49 PM
The only reason Trump keeps pounding it is its tabloid quality. It's gotten him and the Apprentice attention. Apprentice ratings have steadily crept up since he started talking birther and grabbing tabloid headlines. That's all he cares about. It has nothing to do with political ambitions or running for Prez, which he won't do.

boxcar
04-09-2011, 06:25 PM
The COLB is just a straw man. Has any righty blog/conspiracy site/real news org demonstrated that she indeed traveled to Kenya(or whereever) and then returned? Any travel documents? Passport info? Anything to contradict the HAWAIIAN OFFICIAL STORY?

IT IS ONE THING TO PROPOSE A THEORY, IT IS ANOTHER TO SUBSTANTIATE IT. UNLESS YOU TAKE THE "FAITH BASED" APPROACH to reality. With all you conspiracy nuts out there I would think your assertion about Obamas' Mom traveling to Kenya and returning would have been demonstrated with documents conclusively. It seems to me you guys would have covered all bases in your theories by now. So it is no wonder ALL the courts including the Supreme court does not take you seriously. We have an official account testified to by officials, backed by the courts. It is your burden to prove otherwise. You have only posted suppositions

Don't have a cow, man. Take a pill chill. Meanwhile a link to your story would be nice.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 06:28 PM
The only reason Trump keeps pounding it is its tabloid quality. It's gotten him and the Apprentice attention. Apprentice ratings have steadily crept up since he started talking birther and grabbing tabloid headlines. That's all he cares about. It has nothing to do with political ambitions or running for Prez, which he won't do.I bet you though that it's making Camp Obama cringe to see a figure like Trump banging this drum. They can't really say that "birthers" are all nutbag loony tin-foil hat wearing racists any longer, can they?

Unless you can show me where Donald Trump was considered a nutbag loony tin-foil hat wearing racist in the past.

boxcar
04-09-2011, 06:28 PM
You guys made a big boobo about Haw wain law and time line

However, the suggestion that this could have applied to Obama was rejected by Janice Okubo, director of communications for the Hawaii Department of Health: "If you were born in Bali, for example, you could get a certificate from the state of Hawaii saying you were born in Bali. You could not get a certificate saying you were born in Honolulu. The state has to verify a fact like that for it to appear on the certificate".[51]

Another fact that refutes this specific claim is that the law allowing foreign-born children to obtain Hawaiian birth certificates did not exist until 20 years after Obama was born, while Obama’s published birth certificate says his birth information was recorded four days after his birth in 1961, and explicitly states that he was born in Honolulu.[52]

Next?

What "published birth certificate" would that be? The one that no one, except maybe one person on the entire planet has seen?.

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
04-09-2011, 06:45 PM
I bet you though that it's making Camp Obama cringe to see a figure like Trump banging this drum....

I don't know... it seems like the new and virtually sole way to rally supporters anymore is to ostracize non-supporters with denigrating innuendo. Just make anyone that may be leaving your corner feel like the other corner is not the place to be.

I still think the best explanation for not unveiling the coveted birth certificate is that it keeps "the other corner" looking like someplace the undecided and disenfranchised fear to tread in the direction of.

It may backfire for both or either sides of this pseudo-issue, but I have to think that Camp Obama likes having people to diss without having to discuss real problems with his administration or Presidency.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 07:54 PM
You have a point, however, isn't this "birther" corner a fairly small corner? No mainstream politician (other than Trump, the pseudo-politician) will admit to believing there is any solid reason to believe Obama wasn't born in Hawaii.

Why would Trump rally behind what appears to be a very small group of potential voters/viewers? It really doesn't make a lot of sense to me for a man of his stature and name recognition to be playing this chord.

Oh, and for the record, I am not a "birther." I believe Obama was born in the USA until proven otherwise. With that said, I love a good dogfight and as I've said before, I enjoy debating conspiracy theories. So here I am...

johnhannibalsmith
04-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Well, we agree almost universally on the issue. I don't quite understand Trump's play here, but at the same time, he at least brings some gusto and flamboyance to what had been just sort of a niche segment of the marginalized.

I have some trouble believing that he's being entirely genuine, but he is good theatre in a world of predictably lame political discourse. For that reason alone, I hope he runs for my entertainment.

FantasticDan
04-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Unless you can show me where Donald Trump was considered a nutbag loony tin-foil hat wearing racist in the past.Obviously Trump is a person of standing (cough) in the business world, but he's just as well known for being a gasbag. A punchline. Manny being Manny? There's also the Donald being the Donald. No holds barred in the pursuit of self-promotion. That's all this media blitz is about.

I doubt the Obama camp is cringing at birther talk, regardless of the source. It's comic relief to everyone but the haters.

bigmack
04-09-2011, 08:13 PM
It's comic relief to everyone but the haters.
Haters. :lol:

FantasticDan
04-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Haters, yes. Thanks for repeating it in case someone missed it. :ThmbUp:

Karl Rove: If Trump continues to trumpet the issue, “It will marginalize him... he’s falling into Barack Obama’s trap. Obama wants Republicans to fall into this trap because he knows that it discredits us with the vast majority of the American people.”

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Karl Rove: If Trump continues to trumpet the issue, “It will marginalize him... he’s falling into Barack Obama’s trap. Obama wants Republicans to fall into this trap because he knows that it discredits us with the vast majority of the American people.”Now you're putting stock into what Karl Rove says? :lol:

Anyway, let's say Mr. Rove is correct. Wouldn't you think Trump would realize this from the beginning? So then why harp on this issue if you're Trump?

Trump could have went at Obama on any number of issues (and he has) and gotten just as much media exposure (I dare say he may have gotten even MORE exposure had he NOT addressed this "birther" thing).

Anyway, he claims he has people looking into it and is amazed at what they have found so far...it will be interesting to see if you guys are right, and he's nothing but hot air...

Tom
04-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Bottom line, Trump is far more qualified to be president than the moron we have now.

Obama is a joke - and it is on us all.

fast4522
04-09-2011, 09:07 PM
I am a betting guy, no question about it. I will take a shot and say that Obama can put his picture on the wall of the White house someplace, but I will bet who ever succeeds him no. 45 will take it down faster than you can say biscuit is on the table. My mom used to say "too much fooling comes to crying", just look at the mess we are in now.

Mike at A+
04-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Is it really true that Obama spent $2 million to keep his birth certificate out of the public eye? I keep hearing reports to that effect and if it's true there has to be a reason why.

highnote
04-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Is it really true that Obama spent $2 million to keep his birth certificate out of the public eye? I keep hearing reports to that effect and if it's true there has to be a reason why.

If you heard it, it must be true.

highnote
04-09-2011, 11:12 PM
So what would have happened if Obama was born in Hawaii in 1958 -- before it became a state? Would he still be considered eligible to run for president?

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 11:16 PM
A quick search on the web turned up that Barry Goldwater was born in Arizona before it became a state. Anyone remember if there was any controversy surrounding this issue when he ran for president?

elysiantraveller
04-09-2011, 11:38 PM
It was a US territory so I believe that makes it a non-issue...

How is this thread still going?

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2011, 11:47 PM
How is this thread still going?Because it's in the recent news? That would be one reason.

elysiantraveller
04-09-2011, 11:53 PM
Because it's in the recent news? That would be one reason.

I get the discussion just didn't think it would be this long...

To answer your question, Title 8 Section 1401.

Anyone born in a U.S. Possession, if one parent is a Citizen and has lived in the U.S. for at least one year.

So some outlying area's that would qualify would be Guam, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Croix, and for most of the 20th Century the Philippines.

Title 8 Section 1401 (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/8/1401.html)

Tom
04-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Just asking to see legal proof that he was.

hcap
04-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Just asking to see legal proof that he was.
"Certificate of Live Birth". FactCheck.org states that the short form is "prima facie evidence of the fact of birth in any court proceeding".[19]

Burden of proof

In most legal proceedings, one party has a burden of proof, which requires it to present prima facie evidence for all of the essential facts in its case. If they cannot, its claim may be dismissed without any need for a response by other parties. A prima facie case might not stand or fall on its own; if an opposing party introduces other evidence or asserts an affirmative defense it can only be reconciled with a full trial. Sometimes the introduction of prima facie evidence is informally called making a case or building a case.

For example, in a trial under criminal law the prosecution has the burden of presenting prima facie evidence of each element of the crime charged against the defendant. In a murder case, this would include evidence that the victim was in fact dead, that the defendant's act caused the death, and evidence that the defendant acted with malice aforethought. If no party introduces new evidence the case stands or falls just by the prima facie evidence.

.................................................. ...........
The Birthers have the burden of proof to present evidence disproving the "prima facie evidence". All court cases have ruled againdt Birthers arguments or have refused to consider the merits of their arguments. So legally the COLB stands, and Obama need not do any more

Tom
04-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Cut the crap - where is the real one?
Hidden with everything he ever wrote?

What is he afraid of?

hcap
04-10-2011, 09:42 AM
You said.....

"Just asking to see legal proof that he was."

I gave it to you.

FantasticDan
04-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Is it really true that Obama spent $2 million to keep his birth certificate out of the public eye? I keep hearing reports to that effect and if it's true there has to be a reason why.Just more BS. From Snopes:

That rumor came from typically misleading WND articles that reported how much Barack Obama's campaign had paid in legal fees altogether and assumed (without evidence) that all the expenses were related to eligibility documentation issues.

More here:

http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/2011/04/obamas-legal-fees/

imreallytrying
04-10-2011, 12:34 PM
to avoid this issue from ever happening again . I purpose that anyone who want to to run for president of united states. submit a certify copy of his or her birth certificate when they file their papers to run for president.

hcap
04-10-2011, 03:01 PM
to avoid this issue from ever happening again . I purpose that anyone who want to to run for president of united states. submit a certify copy of his or her birth certificate when they file their papers to run for president.According to Federal and Hawaiian State law, Obama has in fact submitted a "certified" cop. I would also think 15 + court rulings including 2 from the Supreme court would have answered this conclusively.

But it would be another TRUMPED up issue if not this one, and the Donald would jump on that bandwagon and you gentlemen would have annotated him for that nonsense

PaceAdvantage
04-10-2011, 03:09 PM
you gentlemen would have annotated him for that nonsenseAnnotated? Or did you mean anointed? :lol:

hcap
04-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Yep. Eyes are going.

PaceAdvantage
04-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Nobody anointed Trump in this thread. Why such hyperbole?

We're simply discussing what's in the news, waiting for Trump to show the goods. I believe I've already stated in this thread that I believe Obama was born in the USA until proven otherwise.

But according to you, this means I'm not allowed to discuss current events without being dubbed a disciple of The Donald?

You are a trip. No wonder all of your other "labels" about off-topic are always so off base, filled with revisionist history or a total lack of history altogether.

hcap
04-10-2011, 03:31 PM
We're simply discussing what's in the news, waiting for Trump to show the goods.This topic has been a mainstay for the righty marching band here forever. If you think "simply discussing" describes your com padres here, you are as honest as boxcar is tolerant

PaceAdvantage
04-10-2011, 03:45 PM
More lies from you. It hasn't been a "mainstay." Far from it.

In fact, I dare you to list all of the thread titles that reference this "birther" issue. Go ahead...list them...how many are there other than this one?

Just did some searches to save you some time:

Search Term | Hits

Obama birth=0 (well, there was one, but it was about birth control)
Obama born=0
birther=2

I will take suggestions on some other search terms, but so far, I have found two other threads, plus this one. That makes a grand total of 3 whopping threads.

So far, "mainstay" is proving quite inaccurate.

imreallytrying
04-10-2011, 04:11 PM
then i would think that anyone could go to where obama filing his papers and see what papers where filed.
or just have a judge in chicago or three judges look at all the papers that was submitted and release a ruling, that he did or did not submit his birth certificate with his paper work when he filed to run for president. take less then five minutes

was thinking that if i wanted to run for president. i go to file the papers .that the clerk would first ask for my birth certificate and that their would be a line that i joe schmoo verified that joe blow submit a birth certificate and is fully qualify to run for office of united states then a line for a signature with a seal or stamp

FantasticDan
04-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Here are the threads that I found, tho I'm not sure what relevance the amount of threads has, since a single thread can go on for months at a time..

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52154

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69226

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71761

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72362

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59683

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81801

PaceAdvantage
04-10-2011, 05:43 PM
You added 4 (two were ones I already cited).

Seven threads over almost three years. Are we approaching "mainstay" yet?

hcap
04-10-2011, 05:53 PM
More lies from you. It hasn't been a "mainstay." Far from it.

I am beginning to suspect boxcar is more tolerant than you are honest. Or I guess there is a chance that you honestly believe all liberals on this board lie all the time.

Notice all the threads listed by Dan.

Thank you Dan. One more...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77771&highlight=issue

Maybe we can discuss the right wing bias here on off topic next? With your ability to search your own board, I guess I would do OK :cool:

PaceAdvantage
04-10-2011, 06:01 PM
More disingenuous behavior from you. You are honestly going to count a thread THAT YOU YOURSELF created.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you believe, seven threads in almost three years counts as a "mainstay."

Wow. You just proved my point.

PaceAdvantage
04-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Since Obama announced his run for President (January 2007, if I'm not mistaken), there have been 8,500 threads created in "Off Topic-General"

We have thus far found seven threads created about the "birther" issue. Seven out of 8,500 comes out to this on my windows calculator in terms of percentages:

8.235294117647059e-4

:lol: :lol:

What a mainstay so far... :bang:

hcap
04-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Close to 300 posts on that thread, and I bet 1/2 were from boxcar. I started that one in response to all the others, but I was not the only one posting.

I might add some other "mainstay" OT topics used ad nauseum. All harped on repeatedly by said right wing marching quetching band.

Socialist
Union
Community organizer
Traitor
Inexperienced

As I have pointed out many times, this is a 24/7/365 anti-Obama-lib fest.

PaceAdvantage
04-10-2011, 06:29 PM
There goes hcap, changing the rules of the game...

8,500 threads created since Obama announced his run for presidency, and only seven threads found so far devoted to the "birther" topic...

Keep up the good work Inspector Javert... :lol:

newtothegame
04-10-2011, 11:37 PM
Maybe H'Cap meant by "mainstay", his/her posting (in this thread)...
Since post #112 (cap's first)...TWENTY post belong to cap'. Thats almost a 20% rate. So yeah Mike...it's probably Cap's mainstay!!! :lol:

fast4522
04-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Well looks like Obama can's shut this guy up, he keeps pounding away and everywhere Trump goes he can do it without a teleprompter.

Greyfox
04-11-2011, 09:14 PM
The photo above I believe was taken at CPAC meeting in Washington.

Trump showed part of it on The Golf Channel's "Trumps Wonderful World of Golf."
While he did get 14 standing ovations, and the largest audience at the meetings, he appeared to be reading from handwritten notes.
From the snippets that I saw of his speech, public speaking is not his strength.

Tom
04-11-2011, 09:25 PM
We don't need speakers - we need doers.
Or Dewar's, if Obama wins again!

Zippy Chippy
04-12-2011, 10:43 AM
We don't need speakers - we need doers.
Or Dewar's, if Obama wins again!

Hahahahahahahaha.

I'd love to see trump as Prez

cj's dad
04-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Close to 300 posts on that thread, and I bet 1/2 were from boxcar. I started that one in response to all the others, but I was not the only one posting.

I might add some other "mainstay" OT topics used ad nauseum. All harped on repeatedly by said right wing marching quetching band.

Socialist - his agenda tends to lean that way
Union - not sure what this means
Community organizer - he was
Traitor - time will tell
Inexperienced - without question

As I have pointed out many times, this is a 24/7/365 anti-Obama-lib fest.

my comments in red

Greyfox
04-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Hahahahahahahaha.

I'd love to see trump as Prez

So would he. The "Donald" seems to be convincing himself more and more that he's the man. Could be interesting if two giant egotists battle it out for Prez.

bI7wGiJsN_8

RaceBookJoe
04-15-2011, 12:10 PM
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/15/arizona-legislature-oks-presidential-birther-bill/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk1%7C56322

mountainman
04-15-2011, 01:31 PM
The birther thing is a dead issue and makes trump seem like a lightweight. But i LOVE his pledge to appropriate iraq's oil for ourselves. It's not pc. But i love it.

andtheyreoff
04-15-2011, 04:42 PM

I'm gonna be frank here: Do you really think this controversy would end even if he actually showed his birth certificate to everyone?

bigmack
04-15-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm gonna be frank here: Do you really think this controversy would end even if he actually showed his birth certificate to everyone?
Thanks for being frank. :rolleyes: With the set-up I thought the post was going to be earth shattering.

Hey, millions of people think 9/11 was an inside job. Officials have said they have seen a long form BC. Why not whip it out? Again, it could all be seriously deflated with full disclosure. That's not axin' too much of a Pres, is it?

Tom
04-15-2011, 06:59 PM

Yes. So why doesn't he?
I heard that Kenya is claiming the has was born in the US....they are insisting on it. They threatened to sue anyone who says he was born there.:D

andtheyreoff
04-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Thanks for being frank. :rolleyes: With the set-up I thought the post was going to be earth shattering.

Hey, millions of people think 9/11 was an inside job. Officials have said they have seen a long form BC. Why not whip it out? Again, it could all be seriously deflated with full disclosure. That's not axin' too much of a Pres, is it?

Even if he did "whip it out", it's 1/9 you'd hear the birthers saying it was a forgery, and that the "real" one is still hidden somewhere.

bigmack
04-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Even if he did "whip it out", it's 1/9 you'd hear the birthers saying it was a forgery, and that the "real" one is still hidden somewhere.
Sounds like you're preoccupied with one side of the equation.

I get a hoot out of the "Why bother showing the real McCoy? They'll never be satisfied" argument. :ThmbUp:

Rookies
04-16-2011, 11:21 AM
So would he. The "Donald" seems to be convincing himself more and more that he's the man. Could be interesting if two giant egotists battle it out for Prez.

bI7wGiJsN_8

Especially, because he just threw Bush under the bus as being equally trerrible and the reason why Prez Obama was elected. That'll go over well with the Tea Partiers he's about to meet. :lol: :rolleyes:

Tom
04-16-2011, 12:04 PM
That makes no sense.
You are obviously under the false impression that you have a clue what tea party people think. I assure, you do not. The only thing in your post that makes any sense is the :lol:

PaceAdvantage
04-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Especially, because he just threw Bush under the bus as being equally trerrible and the reason why Prez Obama was elected. That'll go over well with the Tea Partiers he's about to meet. :lol: :rolleyes:This perfectly illustrates the ignorance of those on the left side of the aisle, and their inability to think beyond the fifth grade level.

Tom
04-16-2011, 02:13 PM
And those on even on the aisle, but north of it.
Don't those guys have to pay attention to the royal wedding?

Rookies
04-16-2011, 03:07 PM
And those on even on the aisle, but north of it.
Don't those guys have to pay attention to the royal wedding?

Tom- I already got Liz's tawdry invite to the paid welfare of the privileged Windsor Divine Right of Klowns.

It's in the fireplace, like most Irish descendents would put it.

And that's EXACTLY what Trump aspires to- a kingdom !

Stillriledup
12-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Sorry to bump an oldie but goodie, but Trump is kinda sorta in the news these days, thought it interesting to see what we thought about him before we knew he would be our next Prez :D

Nutz and Boltz
12-28-2015, 02:28 PM
His rally in N.H. will be streamed live on Youtube tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIIW5lbT6RI

Must see veiwing for a few chuckles.

Tom
12-28-2015, 02:30 PM
The entertaining part is that Brian Williams sets up the piece by saying - What Donald Trump calls 'Birthers', and then goes on to say that he has gained traction with "Birthers."

As if this is the first time Williams has uttered or even heard of "Birthers." :D

How some in the media live with themselves given the amount dishonesty they bathe in, is beyond me.

I miss Big Mac!

classhandicapper
12-28-2015, 03:32 PM
I don't care where he was born. I already know that the US produces a lot of morons. Some of them even grow up to become president. ;)