PDA

View Full Version : Need help

andicap
09-22-2001, 11:19 AM
I'm writing a story about NYC Mayor Rudy Guiliani and how his portrayal in the media has helped him become a hero (of course he's helped himself by his actions -- you'll see no slamming of Rudy in this article)

Those of you from outside NY, how has the TV portrayal of Guiliani changed (or not changed) your view of him.

Thanks.

so.cal.fan
09-22-2001, 09:40 PM
Most people are not very impressed by politicians.
We sort of know they aren't really "real people", at least that was what we thought before Sept. 11th.
Rudy made America proud.
I wish he would move to LA. He can be my Mayor anytime!

Tom
09-22-2001, 11:32 PM
Lots of unexpected people have risen to new heights.
So will New York City.

DickGephartd saying there is no room for partisanship ?????? W with a 95% rating?
That little b*st*rd Osama is in deep sh*t now.
We are clearly in the zone.
GBA!
Tom

Dick Schmidt
09-23-2001, 01:14 AM
Andy,

I correspond with several folks in England and they all felt that Guiliani came off better than any of the others who dominated coverage. Ironic that his finest day was also election day to replace him.

Dick

HorseLady
09-23-2001, 04:04 AM
Guiliani surprised everyone I think. Remember, he too was in the WTC when the plane hit - he was at ground zero before it was that!

I honestly think the other candidates are scared about what they got themselves into. I couldn't imagine any of the other candidates dealing with such an issue of this magnitude.

Luckily I live on Long Island though, so it's not worry for me. I do wish he could stick around for 1 more year, just until we can get through this a little more.