PDA

View Full Version : Skype - Handicap.Live.24-7

Dave Schwartz
04-06-2011, 06:30 PM
I was forced to rename our Skype chat group to:

Handicap.Live.24-7

Seems I used too many letters last time. (If you joined the other group I sent you a Skype message.)

Join us. Sometimes things are quiet but often 5-10 people join in. They post picks and in general talk horse racing live.

Dave

Helles
04-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Well, so far tonight we've hit two $300+ exactas, and that's just at EVD! (Race 5 and race 8)

We did that with four-horse boxes. Check it out boys and girls.

JustRalph
04-07-2011, 10:41 PM
are we talking a skype version of the war room here?

How does it look?

Helles
04-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Ralph,

I'm not exactly sure what your War Room is like, but I would say it probably is. It's mostly HSH guys, most using NewPace, chatting up the races and sharing picks.

There are several non-HSH, non-NewPace guys stopping by too. They are sharing what they see as well.

I only play non-maidens at the moment, so I had not handicapped one of those big exactas. Dave did though and shared his picks. So, doing my best impression of a lamprey, I boxed his picks and nailed it.

Doug

pktruckdriver
04-08-2011, 09:21 AM
This the Skype Group thread, if so then I just wanting to state how much fun and enjoyable this Skype thingy is.

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/

I am up a few hundred today 4/7, easily documented by the way, and man is this simple, easy and fun, really it is.

Well winning is always fun, right, come by and see, you will be impressed too, I am, but then .... come see for yourself.

Yes this tends to be HSH users, but honestly it is more New Pace people, and that would include many different software users who are stopping by too and they seem to be intrigued and most of all impressed, just ask them.

But honestly not too many of you please, because we do win here and do not need prices dropping due to pools being affected by the whole board coming and getting in on this, so please...

patrick

Helles
04-08-2011, 09:59 AM
"All are welcome, all welcome."

Poltergeist - 1982

pktruckdriver
04-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Y'all know I was kidding about the pools thing, sorta, right....stop by, say Hi

This the Skype Group thread, if so then I just wanting to state how much fun and enjoyable this Skype thingy is.

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/

I am up a few hundred today 4/7, easily documented by the way, and man is this simple, easy and fun, really it is.

Well winning is always fun, right, come by and see, you will be impressed too, I am, but then .... come see for yourself.

Yes this tends to be HSH users, but honestly it is more New Pace people, and that would include many different software users who are stopping by too and they seem to be intrigued and most of all impressed, just ask them.

But honestly not too many of you please, because we do win here and do not need prices dropping due to pools being affected by the whole board coming and getting in on this, so please...

patrick

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Ralph,

I'm not exactly sure what your War Room is like, but I would say it probably is. It's mostly HSH guys, most using NewPace, chatting up the races and sharing picks.Quite obviously, I've done a shitty job of promoting the War Room/Chat room right here on PaceAdvantage. Although I will say that HANA was born there, so it can't be all bad...

Helles
04-08-2011, 11:51 AM
PA,

I wouldn't say that. I've been in AFG for the last 32 months and unable to wager, so I really hadn't checked out the War Room. My lurking was mostly confined to 'Handicapping' and 'General' discussions.

Please don't use me as a barometer, it will be skewed.

Doug

Dave Schwartz
04-08-2011, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't say that either.

The problem with the war room is that if you aren't there, you miss the conversation. With Skype, you can go back and pickup what you have missed, whether it is an hour or a week.

If there is a way to customize Skype (which I will look into ) we'll dress it up and make it look like it is PA Headquarter. We need to keep promoting this place for what it really is: The best horse racing forum on the web!

Dave

JustRalph
04-08-2011, 12:55 PM
so this is a telephone conference kind of thing? or are you using video ?

Dave Schwartz
04-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Sorry - original message was wrong thread.

It is simply a type chat.

Dave

pktruckdriver
04-08-2011, 01:53 PM
so this is a telephone conference kind of thing? or are you using video ?

It can be all those things, but basically it is a free type chat, and or you can call and talk to others for free also, and conference others in as well, but so far we keep it simple and just type to each other.

patrick

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2011, 06:02 PM
PA,

I wouldn't say that. I've been in AFG for the last 32 months and unable to wager, so I really hadn't checked out the War Room. My lurking was mostly confined to 'Handicapping' and 'General' discussions.

Please don't use me as a barometer, it will be skewed.

DougI only posted that because you didn't even realize the "War Room" was here on PA...thus my crappy job at making sure people know this... :lol:

BTW, I don't think I personally have gotten a chance to thank you for your service in Afghanistan. Thank you sir!

Helles
04-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Thank you PA, but I want to make clear that I wasn't in the military. I was a civilian police adviser. But the thanks still stands.

punteray
04-09-2011, 05:30 PM
I just joined skype!!

How do I connect to HANDICAP.LIVE.24-7 group?

Ray

Dave Schwartz
04-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Ray, the easiest way is to send me a contact request.

Send it to:

DaveSchwReno

I'll fix you right up.

Dave Schwartz
04-10-2011, 01:08 PM
I am getting more than a few email requests from people who aren't sure what to do with Skype. Believe me, when I say that 10 minutes after you have been using it, everything will become clear.

1. Send a contact request to me (DaveSchwReno). Look at the bottom left of the Skype window for "Add a contact."

http://www.horsestreet.com/BBSImages/Skype-01.png

2. I will accept your contact request as soon as I receive it, but that could take awhile if I am away from my computer.

3. Look under the "Recent" tab for new messages.

http://www.horsestreet.com/BBSImages/Skype-02.png

Note that you will not see something that says "Hcp-Live.24-7." You will see something that lists a bunch of names, representing the guys in the group. In YOUR contact list the group does not yet have a name. (You can change that later.)

4. Select something that has some posts and look at it. (You will probably have a message from me.)

When you find the one with the posts, just select select that contact and type a message.

http://www.horsestreet.com/BBSImages/Skype-03.png

Capper Al
04-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Sounds like fun.

JimG
04-10-2011, 01:53 PM
I sent a message to Dave. Looking forward to checking it out.

Jim

Dave Schwartz
04-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Sorry... been gone all day. All the new requests have been hooked up.

pktruckdriver
04-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Man what a awesome thing Dave has done here, almost as great as his software...well, maybe this SKype thing may be just a good, why you ask.

Well stop by 1 night and watch as we hit Double digit winners each night, sign up and go back and read thru the conversations and see for yourself, this is really great stuff...and it is free people, why not come and look on.

No I do not get anything at all for this, but have gotten a few nice 100+ exacta plays and using NewPace found my own double digit winners, no triple digit winner for me yet, but it will come I have no doubt, but enough, just stop by, and see for yourself.

Patrick

If you don't like it , which I doubt, then you don't like winning, as we win here each night, these guys are good....me , well getting there:)

horses4courses
04-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Signed up on Skype....sounds great!

Kevroc
04-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Good stuff for sure.

Dave had $57 horse tonight, I "did" too but, didn't bet because I'm a toolbox.

:bang:

Dave Schwartz
04-12-2011, 01:43 AM
Actually, the last week has been tough. Of course, that is to be expected when all favorites went 14-34, 41% and $net of $2.10.

My NewPace contenders have under-performed, winning only 78% (25-32).

We were taken down on $26 and $22 winners (and non-contenders put up in both races). Those two winners would have put the contender percentage at 84% - right where NewPace should be.

In addition, NewPace had another $52 horse.

Despite the two DQs, the flat $Net for the last week is still $2.45.

These were all live picks - posted in advance. The contenders are usually posted several minutes in advance while the final picks can come pretty close to post time.

Most of the NewPace guys are just now learning to have confidence in those big horses. The odd thing is that there have not been too many mid-range horses (i.e. 7/2 to 15/1 or so).

bigmack
04-12-2011, 01:48 AM
Despite the two DQs, the flat $Net for the last week is still $2.45.
How many plays?

Kevroc
04-12-2011, 01:48 AM
The odd thing is that there have not been too many mid-range horses (i.e. 7/2 to 15/1 or so).

Sweet sweet variance. :D

Dave Schwartz
04-12-2011, 01:54 AM
Here are all my bets

Win Place Show
Bets: 122 122 122
Pays: 17 32 50
Pct: 13.9 26.2 41.0
$Net: $2.33 $2.16 $2.02
Opt: 2.24 2.57 0.68

Kevroc
04-12-2011, 01:59 AM
Exactas?

I know you had that one at the mountain today.

Dave Schwartz
04-12-2011, 02:05 AM
We did have 3 good exactas - in like the $300+ range. I do not have my exacta stats because my software does not do a good job of tracking actual bets.

An interesting point of note is that I have been using pure NewPace, with the exception that the low-odds tie breaker is an object I created in NewPace. Frankly, it has not done very well this week. LOL

We've had a couple of guys using BRIS numbers, and one or two using Beyers. Occasionally we differ on one winner and get it back on another. I believe there were only about 2 or 3 winners in conflict because of the numbers all week.

So, what happens is that in every race people come out with their picks and we see the similarities between the different incarnations of NewPace. I think it is safe to say that based upon the picks everyone should be winner.

Dave Schwartz
04-13-2011, 10:14 AM
I think the last week chat has been a good example of what happens to any player, especially one that plays only a few races per day.

Usually, when I play, I commit for an entire day. But these days, my time is just too committed to other things. In other words, work has gotten in the way. Horse racing work, but still "work." (I am sure you can identify with this unpleasant phenomenon called w-w-w-work.)

What has been instructional about this for me, is how difficult it is playing 5-8 races per day to get anything that resembles consistency.

One day the low prices hammer us and I lose. The next day I catch a price horse or two and win. Then two days of low prices and losing followed by another hit or two.

I have seen it enough times to know that it all comes out in the end as profitable but along the way it can get unpleasant. It is never fun to get beaten.

Dave

pktruckdriver
04-13-2011, 12:17 PM
I think the last week chat has been a good example of what happens to any player, especially one that plays only a few races per day.

Usually, when I play, I commit for an entire day. But these days, my time is just too committed to other things. In other words, work has gotten in the way. Horse racing work, but still "work." (I am sure you can identify with this unpleasant phenomenon called w-w-w-work.)

What has been instructional about this for me, is how difficult it is playing 5-8 races per day to get anything that resembles consistency.

One day the low prices hammer us and I lose. The next day I catch a price horse or two and win. Then two days of low prices and losing followed by another hit or two.

I have seen it enough times to know that it all comes out in the end as profitable but along the way it can get unpleasant. It is never fun to get beaten.

Dave

Can I get an AMEN, yes this week has been up and down as are most weeks, but then we been dealing with limited tracks and that made us play muddy and sloppy tracks in order to play at all,

Mntr
CT
EVD

Are what us daytime working people been playing, yes we had great and bad days , well so so days, but chatting with others has been a learning experience that is worth my time of joining in.

Patrick