PDA

View Full Version : Leparoux & McPeek

redshift1
04-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Looks like Garcia has replaced Leparoux on the McPeek horses according to the Keeneland entries. Wonder what happened?

Spiderman
04-06-2011, 02:39 PM
One factor may be that Garcia has new agent, the former agent for Gomez, Ron (can't remember last name)

Striker
04-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Looks like Garcia has replaced Leparoux on the McPeek horses according to the Keeneland entries. Wonder what happened?I was just as perplexed as you were when I was going over the entries at Keeneland for saturday when I saw this. I know McPeek said that he made the choice to go with Solis on Caspers Touch in the FOY because Julien wouldn't be on Capsers Touch if he made it to the Derby and haven't seen Julien on many of his runners since then. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Ward said this has been the plan all along with Dancing and stretch her out in this race. MSW win at Keeneland was impressive albeit in a sprint and Kathmanblu will make 1st synthetic start.

BIG49010
04-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Leparoux gets the best mounts, and agent could be sick of all the loosers he was on at GP.

Valuist
04-06-2011, 03:53 PM
I thought Leparoux was terrible on the main track at GP. He loves to come from off the pace, and it is nearly impossible to do that over the GP main track.

But it would seem to be an odd time to replace him now, since Keeneland plays much more to Leparoux's style.

netbet
04-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Considering that Leparoux is the leading jockey over the last 4 spring meets combined...this is a bit odd.

point given
04-06-2011, 11:37 PM
One factor may be that Garcia has new agent, the former agent for Gomez, Ron (can't remember last name)

Anderson ?

netbet
04-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Ron Anderson is indeed booking rides for Alan Garcia.

Garcia had a nice spring meet last year...remember Stately Victor?

Patrick

David-LV
04-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Looks like Garcia has replaced Leparoux on the McPeek horses according to the Keeneland entries. Wonder what happened?

When your agent is Ron Anderson who is one of the very best in the business, his jockey can expect to get some of the better mounts at any track that he is riding at.

There are a lot of great jockeys out there, but your agent is the key & link to your success.

________
David-LV

GregReinhart
04-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Ron had originally booked Gomez to ride Kathmanblu in the Fair Grounds Oaks but she skipped that race to go to the Ashland (Garrett rode another one for McPeek and finished third), so it looks like Ron had the mount for whomever he was representing, especially since Garrett is at SA on Saturday.

redshift1
04-07-2011, 09:56 PM
I have no direct information but I recall Leparoux receiving some criticism for a couple of rides on McPeek horses. Obviously if everything is rosy why change.
Leparoux is a far more successful jockey at Keeneland and Churchill Downs than he is GP and should improve on his 13% win rate.

Pine Tree Lane
04-08-2011, 09:08 PM
That team worked well today. 2 wins in the first 8 races.

redshift1
05-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Leparoux back on Kathmanblu this Friday after not riding a single Mcpeek horse during the Keeneland meet ?

point given
05-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Leparoux back on Kathmanblu this Friday after not riding a single Mcpeek horse during the Keeneland meet ?

Breaking up is hard to do.

Aw, they kissed and made up after a misunderstanding.