PDA

View Full Version : Beck/Fox Split

bigmack
04-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Easy enough to see it coming. Long-winded soliloquies can only hold an audience for so long. Speaking of "so long."

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/beckfox.png

Saratoga_Mike
04-06-2011, 01:52 PM
He seems to be losing his mind, and I mean that literally.

DJofSD
04-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Another one joins the celebrity's losers club.

Good ridence.

Whos' next? Who would you like to see next?

ArlJim78
04-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Is it really a "split" or just a change of formats?

The Glenn Beck show is done, but it says that Fox and Beck will work together on various other shows which will air on Fox News.

redshift1
04-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Is it really a "split" or just a change of formats?

The Glenn Beck show is done, but it says that Fox and Beck will work together on various other shows which will air on Fox News.

More like the divorce is final but Beck gets limited visitation rights.

JustRalph
04-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Beck hit his magic number a while back. He's going to stop beating his head against the wall and start producing his own stuff. It just might get better, or go off the rails. He doesn't care anymore. He always said that he would stop working so hard and spend more time with the family

Looks like he has enough money now that his kids are set for life. I don't blame him. There must be something in the works, if a Fox exec is going with him they must have a plan

Dave Schwartz
04-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Well, he is fast running out of networks.

How long before he is on Oprah's network?
:lol:

Tom
04-06-2011, 09:19 PM
I don't like the presentation, but as far as reporting goes, he tops
everyone. Unless you are too lazy to look up the stuff he talks about.
He's been right far more than anyone. Just very hard to listen too.

ArlJim78
04-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Well, he is fast running out of networks.

How long before he is on Oprah's network?
:lol:
He's still partnered with Fox.

cj's dad
04-06-2011, 09:36 PM

Tom, you are exactly right- while he is very accurate, he requires an attention span of more than 2 minutes. He apparently loses audience share for that reason.

Rookies
04-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Tom, you are exactly right- while he is very accurate, he requires an attention span of more than 2 minutes. He apparently loses audience share for that reason.

Which says everything about today's society. Anything more than a 45 second spot is waaaay to cerebral for 98% of the bread & circuses population... Or is it pap-ulation ?

Not that I don't think Beck's a deranged wingnut, who should be going to the sidelines now to deal with his health issues.

ArlJim78
04-06-2011, 09:46 PM
They real question is, who do they bring in to replace him? How will they shake up the line-up?

We know Olby is looking for work.:lol:

Dave Schwartz
04-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Jim,

I don't understand. The show is done but he's still with Fox?

Dave

ArlJim78
04-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Jim,

I don't understand. The show is done but he's still with Fox?

Dave
Yeah they're talking about a new phase to their partnership (Beck with Fox) and that Beck would still be involved in a variety of new projects to air on Fox news.

however that might just be polite talk. it's probably a matter of an amicable breakup, the show had run its course, he has health issues, a lot of money, and probably wants to do something different now.

Robert Goren
04-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Yeah they're talking about a new phase to their partnership (Beck with Fox) and that Beck would still be involved in a variety of new projects to air on Fox news.

however that might just be polite talk. it's probably a matter of an amicable breakup, the show had run its course, he has health issues, a lot of money, and probably wants to do something different now.Sort like Larry King and CNN? The " Professor Irwin Corey" act has probably run its course. I understand (I never watch, once was more than enough) that he has gotten overtly more religious lately. That probably explains the ratings drop. He is going blind and He will have to make a big adjustment. I would think it would be very hard to do a daily TV show if you are blind.

Lefty
04-07-2011, 01:53 PM
I am like Tom, I found him hard to listen to. But, he must have done something right as no one on the left could touch his ratings.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 01:56 PM
I am like Tom, I found him hard to listen to. But, he must have done something right as no one on the left could touch his ratings.

But then again, Charlie Sheen has over one million Tweeter followers, so popularity isn't necessarily a sign of sanity.

Lefty
04-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Saratoga, you're comparing cherries and coconuts. One talks political facts, the other social inanities.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Saratoga, you're comparing cherries and coconuts. One talks political facts, the other social inanities.

Minor correction - they both talk social inanities. And the "facts" part is a bit strong.

DJofSD
04-07-2011, 02:14 PM
"Eat sh*t. 10,000,000 flies can't be wrong."

Robert Goren
04-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Maybe Goldline has run out of gold for him to sell.

JustRalph
04-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Beck wants to be a producer. He already does that Xmas road show and a bunch of other crap. He has enough money now.........this is the part where he becomes an entertainment mogul.

Marshall Bennett
04-07-2011, 03:46 PM

Think you hit the nail right on the head. I can't stomach his style or his general appearance. Perhaps he could write for someone else, unless of course he already has someone writing for him.
He comes across as a brat.

ArlJim78
04-07-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm another who didn't like the style of the show, so I didn't watch very often, but I give him credit for fleshing out in detail topics like Cloward-Piven, etc. topics nobody else would touch with a ten foot pole.

Tom
04-07-2011, 09:46 PM
His best stunt was the hot line to the white house - an open invitation for Obama to directly face him, instead of his cowardly innuendos in speeches - all he had to do is call correct anything Beck got wrong.

Typical of the POS coward, he never did. Much like his foreign policy - pure chicken shit. Chicken-N-cheif.

Beck did more than anyone to expose this scumbag for what he really is.

hcap
04-08-2011, 05:50 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Mh1TZAM-AWU/SqcqPo-syhI/AAAAAAAACeU/F0bdyjG04bA/s400/cry-baby0beck.jpg

Tom
04-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Bingo.

hcap
04-08-2011, 08:25 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Sz83qFFwJP4/SPgp8xS7CaI/AAAAAAAAC1Y/-hiCvDpbmRg/s400/bush-door-china.jpg

Tom
04-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Checkmate.

JustRalph
04-22-2011, 01:57 AM
http://gbtv.com/