PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know the cost of RTN package on DISH network?

adwplayingfool
04-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Was considering signing on with DISH and was wondering if anyone knew or had this service and what the top tracks they carried and cost for this add on.

Ian Meyers
04-05-2011, 08:06 AM
I don't have the service but I think it's like $59 a month. MY understanding is they have (virtually) every TB and Harness track (and some dog tracks as well).

adwplayingfool
04-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Thank you very much for the info

Si2see
04-05-2011, 11:55 AM
On the dish network website last weekend it said $80 a month depending on which package you already have it come be cheaper. Really it still isn't a bad deal at all by the time you figure what you would save driving to otb, price of entry, bar tab etc. Jason

toussaud
04-05-2011, 12:13 PM
On the dish network website last weekend it said $80 a month depending on which package you already have it come be cheaper. Really it still isn't a bad deal at all by the time you figure what you would save driving to otb, price of entry, bar tab etc. Jason
basically you are paying 80 dollars a month not to listen to the guys at TVG. Not a bad deal

Do they have Australian tracks and other out the country tracks too?

jelly
04-05-2011, 12:16 PM
You're better off saving $80 a month by getting twinspires or Xressbet.

Si2see
04-05-2011, 12:28 PM
I have had problems with xpressbet streaming video all year. Twinspires however worked great in the past

toussaud
04-05-2011, 12:34 PM
You're better off saving $80 a month by getting twinspires or Xressbet.
but if you want to watch on your TV i can understand. Where I live now doesn't allow for dish but I am moving and I will get this asap. I want to watch track feeds, on my TV without going through the trouble of running a feed from my PC to my TV and then having to deal with all that. It's worth it if you are a serious horse player.

Dave Schwartz
04-05-2011, 12:48 PM
There is another RTN thread that was pretty good. You might want to search for it.

I installed Dishnet for the purpose of RTN only. The equipment was free, the install was free. My cost is $104 per month, which includes basic programming (which I never use).

My system has 3 tuners and I can watch 5 channels at once. I use 3 upstairs in our "studio" (each with its own TV, of course) but only have 1 TV in my office downstairs.

One of the guys here, The Spaah, as I recall, really knows about this stuff. He guided me (via the other thread) with some great advice so that I got the correct equipment. The installers really knew their stuff.

I highly recommend the service (as well as listening to whatever TheSpaah as to say).

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

jelly
04-05-2011, 12:54 PM
I have Verizon Fios and get both TVG and HRTV but have them muted 98% of the time.

Most of my time watching the races is with twinspires or at the track.

Agree,RTN would be best but not for an $1,000 a year.I'll stay with Twinspires.

Dave Schwartz
04-05-2011, 03:16 PM
IMHO, if you are a 3-4 day per week player, it is simply a cost of doing business and well worth the cost.

Of course, for a $2 player even one that plays everyday, that is a big increase in expenses.

Dave

turfbar
04-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Its advertised in the form $50 bucks, now there are service agreements and taxes and such but they are minimal. NOT $80 fifty a flat fifty for the service

it's great if you are a horseplayer, post parades and no obonoxious host blabbering.

the track feed .Simple and its just great I have been a user since NOV 2010.
Not affiliated in any form

Turfbar

Dave Schwartz
04-05-2011, 09:42 PM
When I signed up you could not order the RTN service without also adding basic service as well. That gets you from $50 to around $89, I believe. Then I added an extra dual tuner which cost me like $15 per month.

Now, perhaps you can if you are willing to pay for equipment and installation. those for free (except for the 3rd tuner).