04-04-2011, 01:54 PM
7xaQHsEAbF8

Eddie Cunningham sings beautiful tribute at end of video

Shelby
04-04-2011, 02:58 PM
:ThmbUp: Awwww!

CryingForTheHorses
04-04-2011, 03:02 PM
What a loved man this John Shear is.Sitting here watching this video with a huge lump in my throat.Truly a hero that will never die.God has a plan for us but we never know what it is.John never thought gods plan for him was to be a hero.God bless you SoCal Fan and bless your husband John.May he get well very soon.Thanks for posting.

Bruddah
04-04-2011, 05:04 PM
John, if this doesn't get you healed and back to work quicker, there is no medicine that will. A great professional tribute to a very deserving man.

Get well John, Santa Anita needs you. :ThmbUp:

Grits
04-04-2011, 06:56 PM
These friends at Santa Anita love Mr.Shear completely. They love and appreciate him and what he has given to them. Mr.Cunningham has written a beautiful song about his friend.

Several years ago, the group, "Alabama" wrote a song about the John Shears of the world. Angels ARE among us, there's no doubt in my mind--Mr.Shear is one. He is one of the many, including my child, who move among us each and every day. Without fanfare, quietly, without attention, and certainly without wings. They go about life touching each of us, just as Mr.Shear touched this small, and fragile little girl.

You are, Mr.Shear, one of God's beings sent to all of us.

This one, too, celebrates you, and so many others like you. It touches me, deeply, I cry every time I listen to it. It has done this to me for many years, but it is YOU, Mr. Shear. It is selflessly, YOU. :) :( :)

Please, get well soon so that you can return to those that love and respect you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bds_EiMX2kA

andymays
04-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Good stuff. Get well soon.

ElKabong
04-04-2011, 10:31 PM
That was quite a tribute. Kudos to Eddie Cunningham.

Get well soon, John. They miss you SA

Stillriledup
04-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Santa Anita needs to have a HUGE celebration on John Shear day when he comes back.

Zaf
04-05-2011, 12:24 AM
WOW Awesome :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
04-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Great work............ Thanks for posting it Diane..........

beertapper
04-05-2011, 02:41 AM
uplifting stuff..

:ThmbUp:

Fingal
04-05-2011, 11:29 AM
That was quite a tribute. Kudos to Eddie Cunningham.

Get well soon, John. They miss you SA

The true meaning of a person is how they are thought of by others while they are out of the room.

RichieP
04-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Lotta love for that man! Totally awesome stuff :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:
Diane please send your hubby my best wishes and I hope that YOU are feeling great :)
Richie Pizzicara

so.cal.fan
04-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks PA posters!
John and I have always known handicappers are some of the most intelligent, and some of the nicest folks around. Proof is on this website.

John got a good report from his X-rays last night. His pelvic fractures are healing well. He still can't put weight on his right leg, yet. We are expecting that to change soon. His left eye and cheek are barely noticeable now.
They healed very fast. When we first saw him in the ER, he looked as if he had been in a fight with Mike Tyson, except his ears were intact!
His left wrist was severely cut, probably from the filly's back shoe...Had she stepped right on it, it would have been shattered. X-rays showed no fracture.
He had a few very slight fractures to his back, but they seem to have healed well. He can use a walker, hop on his good left leg, dress, shower, etc, with little or no help. He has a great appetite and probably will be really spoiled when he comes home. Diane is not much of a cook! LOL, but I may improve.
He's doing 3 hours a day (minimum) physical therapy. He is determined to get completely healed.
I wouldn't bet against him!
Thanks again, nice people!
Hugs,
Diane and John

JustRalph
04-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Diane, are we ever going to see that video?

appistappis
04-06-2011, 01:30 AM
very, very cool.

JustRalph
04-06-2011, 01:35 AM
Diane, are we ever going to see that video?

I guess I better clarify the above.......

Any word on whether or not Santa Anita may ever release the video from the paddock that day?

so.cal.fan
04-06-2011, 10:25 AM
The tape of the actual incident at Santa Anita was on the live track feed.
My son viewed the tape in track president George Haines office. The rest of our family did not want to see it.
It is disturbing, many people saw it live over HRTV when it happened.
In Texas, Louisiana, and elsewhere they were simulcasting HRTV.
Our family did not want the tape released, at this time.
Santa Anita agreed.
I asked John if he wanted to see the tape. His answer was "no, I remember exactly what happened".

A. Pineda
04-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Wonderful tribute to a wonderful guy! Such a beautiful song, too. "John Shear, got no fear" are words that ring true to all that know him or know of him. John is a short price to return better and stronger than ever.

joanied
04-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Oh my...I just had the chance to see the tribute video for Mr. Shear... it made me cry, touched my heart...and Mr. Shear has touched the hearts of everyone that knows of his bravery and courage.
It has to mean so much to him and to you, Diane...there are not many people that are blessed to be loved by so many and I think that love has helped him heal...this man in one in a million...he is a Champion.

Continued well wishes for a complete recovery...reading about how well he is healing gives me a great happiness in my heart, it's really amazing, Mr. Shear, you are one tough dude:) :ThmbUp: :) ...
I hope on the day you return to Santa Anita there is a welcome back party like no other...
God Bless you, sir...He sure knew what He was doing when he created you.