PDA

View Full Version : Prado still has It.

jelly
04-03-2011, 09:47 PM
12th race at Gulfstream-

Prado riding the #11 horse(Bombagula)and sitting off the leaders with the #9 horse(bet down from 12-1 to 3-1) inside of him.
Waiting patiently,and keeping the 9 inside of him, Prado waited until deap in the stretch to then make his move for the win.

The #9(Castellano) was clearly the best horse in the race,the Old man still has a little left.

ukbro00
04-03-2011, 09:52 PM
He had a pretty bad ride earlier in the card. I think he has "IT" when he wants to, but his drive isn't what it used to be.

Shelby
04-03-2011, 10:13 PM
I think Edgar is a good jockey, but I'm jinxed by him. If I pick him, he doesn't win, if I don't, he does lol.

cj
04-04-2011, 12:04 AM
They are all going to win now and then, but he is a shell of his former self.

JustRalph
04-04-2011, 12:54 AM
They are all going to win now and then, but he is a shell of his former self.

I have seen some sparks as of late.........but nothing near the old days when I would love to see him move to a horse I liked.

Sekrah
04-04-2011, 01:17 AM
Prado's washed up. I have to be really in love with one of his rides if I'm going to back him. If I have Paco Lopez on a horse that I rate just slightly behind Prado's horse, I'll bet on Paco EVERY time. On Beyer figs Paco's easily worth 3 more points than Prado.

igiveupregistering
04-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Prado's washed up. I have to be really in love with one of his rides if I'm going to back him. If I have Paco Lopez on a horse that I rate just slightly behind Prado's horse, I'll bet on Paco EVERY time. On Beyer figs Paco's easily worth 3 more points than Prado.

And when :sleeping: do YOU believe "Paco Lopez" will be voted into the :lol: HOF?

Dahoss9698
04-04-2011, 01:57 PM
12th race at Gulfstream-

Prado riding the #11 horse(Bombagula)and sitting off the leaders with the #9 horse(bet down from 12-1 to 3-1) inside of him.
Waiting patiently,and keeping the 9 inside of him, Prado waited until deap in the stretch to then make his move for the win.

The #9(Castellano) was clearly the best horse in the race,the Old man still has a little left.

Ummm, did you happen to catch Prado's rides on this horse the last 2 times? It was dumb luck he got this horse home yesterday.

exiles
04-04-2011, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=jelly]12th race at Gulfstream-

The #9(Castellano) was clearly the best horse in the race,the Old man still has a little left.[/

IMO, I'm very surprised that he still gets any mounts at all,he should of quit 2 years ago.

Sekrah
04-04-2011, 02:48 PM
And when :sleeping: do YOU believe "Paco Lopez" will be voted into the :lol: HOF?

If Paco Lopez moves to a dump track with 6 horse fields and racks up thousands of bogus wins he's a lock.

Edgar Prado is a joke.

Market Mover
04-04-2011, 05:28 PM
If Paco Lopez moves to a dump track with 6 horse fields and racks up thousands of bogus wins he's a lock.

Edgar Prado is a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9SsOphmx-o

Prado was no joke if you had him at 45-1 in last year's BC! Watch this masterpiece of a ride...(he is on the mare with the No. 5 saddlecloth)..

Dahoss9698
04-04-2011, 05:51 PM

Edgar Prado is a joke.

Now I remember you. The guy that disappeared after the Preakness last year when your opinion was incorrect and talked all that smack beforehand.

Anyway, Prado is a shell of his former self now (regardless of his good ride in the BC last year), but he was one of the top riders in the game for over a decade.

cj
04-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Now I remember you. The guy that disappeared after the Preakness last year when your opinion was incorrect and talked all that smack beforehand.

Anyway, Prado is a shell of his former self now (regardless of his good ride in the BC last year), but he was one of the top riders in the game for over a decade.

It wasn't his fault. He lost his internet connection and didn't have a library card.

Skanoochies
04-04-2011, 09:53 PM
The Barbaro tragedy seemed to have a really bad affect on him. Never been the same IMO. :confused:

igiveupregistering
04-05-2011, 09:47 AM
The Barbaro tragedy seemed to have a really bad affect on him. Never been the same IMO. :confused:

You're right. :(

He probably was "second guessing" himself after Barbaro broke through the gate the first time...

Sekrah
04-05-2011, 10:25 AM
He should feel guilty about it. Since he knew something was wrong and failed to do anything about it. Prior to going back into the gate, he repeatedly kept looking at Barbaro's right hind with a concerned look.

the little guy
04-05-2011, 10:49 AM
He should feel guilty about it. Since he knew something was wrong and failed to do anything about it. Prior to going back into the gate, he repeatedly kept looking at Barbaro's right hind with a concerned look.

Shut up.

Shelby
04-05-2011, 11:03 AM

If Edgar had one tiny sliver of worry about Barbaro's health, he would have gotten straight off and walked him to the paddock himself. If you have some kind of issue with Mr. Prado, that's fine, but don't spew this type of garbage about.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/horses/2006-05-24-prado-barbaro-interview_x.htm

Excerpt:

"I don't have X-ray vision. I jogged him and took my time (returning to behind the gate). We checked his knees and legs and it seemed everything was fine."

Prado emphasized that, even with so much at stake, he would never have knowingly jeopardized himself or the horse if he had any doubts about his mount's soundness.

"I'm a horse lover, more than anything else," he said. "If something was wrong with the horse, I would have scratched him, even with the Triple Crown. I would have scratched, and we live to fight another day."

cj
04-05-2011, 12:04 PM
If Edgar had one tiny sliver of worry about Barbaro's health, he would have gotten straight off and walked him to the paddock himself. If you have some kind of issue with Mr. Prado, that's fine, but don't spew this type of garbage about.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/horses/2006-05-24-prado-barbaro-interview_x.htm

Excerpt:

"I don't have X-ray vision. I jogged him and took my time (returning to behind the gate). We checked his knees and legs and it seemed everything was fine."

Prado emphasized that, even with so much at stake, he would never have knowingly jeopardized himself or the horse if he had any doubts about his mount's soundness.

"I'm a horse lover, more than anything else," he said. "If something was wrong with the horse, I would have scratched him, even with the Triple Crown. I would have scratched, and we live to fight another day."

While I agree with you, we don't really know. Don't you think Velazquez was worried about Life At Ten? Certainly he was, and he didn't get off the horse. It is tough in those spots, and the Preakness stage with Barbaro was bigger than the BC last year.

cj
04-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Please don't take this as agreement with the ridiculous post made earlier.

Shelby
04-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Please don't take this as agreement with the ridiculous post made earlier.

I don't take it that way, and I understand what you're saying.

To me, LAT and Barbaro are totally different situations. I agree that Barbaro's race had far more pressure put upon the jockey than LAT's did. Which, reinforces my feeling that Edgar would have never ever ridden had he thought something was wrong. His genuine emotions poured out of him in the interview. He truly loved that horse as did his owners and connections. He would have been thanked over and over had he scratched the horse and they had seen any problems on the x-rays. All my opinions, of course.

NJ Stinks
04-05-2011, 02:29 PM
My opinion is that it is good some bettors hesitate to place a wager on Edgar. I look forward to the overlays.

cj
04-05-2011, 03:35 PM
My opinion is that it is good some bettors hesitate to place a wager on Edgar. I look forward to the overlays.

Oh, really? What is the ROI betting Edgar this year? Last year?

PhantomOnTour
04-05-2011, 05:51 PM
New agent for Prado this summer in NY...maybe he will have some more success.

Shelby
04-05-2011, 07:01 PM
New agent for Prado this summer in NY...maybe he will have some more success.

Who is the new agent?

PhantomOnTour
04-05-2011, 07:09 PM
I think his name is Silletto...see the PA home page for story link

point given
04-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Who is the new agent?

Mike Selitto, who is also agent for Desormeaux

NJ Stinks
04-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Oh, really? What is the ROI betting Edgar this year? Last year?

CJ, I'm not betting on Prado every time he gets a mount. The point is if I like the horse, I'm not going to hestitate because Edgar is riding. If others do, I consider that a good thing.

Sekrah
04-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Bullcrap.. Edgar knew. I've seen him and I've seen the replay of the scene OVER AND OVER. He had the look of fear on his face. He repeatedly kept checking back on Barbaro's right hind with grave concern. He didn't have the stones to pull the Kentucky Derby winner out of the Preakness... FACT! Anyone who claims otherwise is full of it.

Dahoss9698
04-06-2011, 01:16 AM
Bullcrap.. Edgar knew. I've seen him and I've seen the replay of the scene OVER AND OVER. He had the look of fear on his face. He repeatedly kept checking back on Barbaro's right hind with grave concern. He didn't have the stones to pull the Kentucky Derby winner out of the Preakness... FACT! Anyone who claims otherwise is full of it.

I see you still have some confusion with the difference between a fact and an opinion. Now give an opinion on a race so you can disappear for another 4 months when it's wrong.

bigmack
04-06-2011, 01:23 AM
The good news is that anti-psychotic medication has made significant advances.

It's not your fault. Delusional thinking makes anyone think fiction as (FACT!)

Hang tough. Some people will be by shortly to relieve you of duty.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lai4k4a9wG1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif

Robert Fischer
04-06-2011, 01:30 AM
there are some scenarios(turf routes :eek:) where Prado last out on a hard used pace horse in a collapsing race is a good bet-back. He can use a LOT:lol: of horse in those scenarios particularly if it's a stakes horse with some quality. Now you have a fit horse who (in "some scenarios") is better than his last effort shows. The form is in effect "darkened". A jockey switch and good odds make or break the deal.

JustRalph
04-06-2011, 01:36 AM
This "Prado Knew" stuff has been covered in a thread a long while back.

Prado wrote a book detailing it.

I suggest you read the book or find the thread

The subject of this thread turning the way it has, is disappointing to say the least.

There is no way in hell that Edgar Prado would ever do anything to hurt the damn horse........ let's just leave it at that.

Stones be damned.............