PDA

View Full Version : Living in Boston and not being a Red Sox fan is unbearable!

Zippy Chippy
04-03-2011, 03:01 PM
OMG on yahoo trends, "Red Sox" are the #2 hottest topic. I click on it, "Red Sox, are 0-2, 4th place, Will Carl Crawford get out of his slump!????" Its day 2! This is how it is around here. Last night I went out to have a couple beers and watch the basketball games. Final 4.. I was watching the Butler game and they just turn all 3 tvs to Red Sox pregame. This is not at all odd around here. 2 weeks ago I was at a restaurant watching the 1st rds of March Madness and they turned it to Red Sox preseason games. People around here are insane. It could be game 7 of the Celtics/Lakers NBA Championship and people would still be watching the Sox.

SchagFactorToWin
04-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Sounds worse than I have it- a Dolphins fan living in Buffalo!

ElKabong
04-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Personally I wish the home MLB team here had that kind of rabid fan base...

You can take solice (sp?) in that the BoSox are suffering death by a thousand cuts this weekend. That staff is giving up homers like Madonna used to give away blow jobs. Getting so bad, Papplebon just plunked Kinsler (who owns the Sox, if only for the series)...this has been an urgly series for the red sox

Zippy Chippy
04-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Its now #1 on yahoo trends. It makes me mad how crazy everyone is. THere could be a tragic accident and on the front page of the herald it will say "SOX SCORE 3 in the 9th TO WIN" ... I know so many people that watch every single game. My father watches 162 sox games. My girlfriends parents watch 162 reg season games no joke.

Rookies
04-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Sounds worse than I have it- a Dolphins fan living in Buffalo!

Uh huh. And being a Bills Season Tix holder, I'm sure you NEVER mention that in public! :lol:

PaceAdvantage
04-03-2011, 05:09 PM
That staff is giving up homers like Madonna used to give away blow jobs.Interesting analogy. BTW, you picked the Red Sox to finish ahead of the Yankees this year, correct? I know it's way early, but I just want to confirm...

Zippy Chippy
04-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Interesting analogy. BTW, you picked the Red Sox to finish ahead of the Yankees this year, correct? I know it's way early, but I just want to confirm...

The phone lines are already lighting up in Boston talk radio wanting Francona's head!

ElKabong
04-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Interesting analogy. BTW, you picked the Red Sox to finish ahead of the Yankees this year, correct? I know it's way early, but I just want to confirm...

159 games to go, amigo.

Yanks pitching didn't look too hot today either. I imagine Georgie 3 (Trip?) is wtg for mid June to find a Lee-type available on the trade market. They're going to need one or 2 more quality starters. Colon threw some fat ones from what I saw

(side note- for all that have Directv, you get free access to every mlb game till apr 10)

bigmack
04-03-2011, 08:21 PM
A perennial classic:
http://videosift.com/video/Foul-Ball-Spilled-Beer-Thrown-Pizza

cj's dad
04-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Are completely insane. They invade baltimore every season and are obnoxious. The yankee fans are somewhat annoying but at least the Yanks have a few WS under their belt. The Sux have 2 in modern times. The O's, as terrible as they have been since "97 have 3.

BTW- O's in 1st place
BTW- O's in 1st place
BTW- O's in 1st place
BTW- O's in 1st place

Sux tied for last
Sux tied for last
Sux tied for last

JustRalph
04-04-2011, 01:24 AM
The Red's are 3-0

Top Dogs Early On!!

http://www.coolpetstuff.com/v/vspfiles/photos/dn957-2T.gif

SchagFactorToWin
04-04-2011, 10:21 AM
Uh huh. And being a Bills Season Tix holder, I'm sure you NEVER mention that in public! :lol:
I proudly wear my Miami logo hat in public- but I wouldn't wear it to Rich Stadium! My mama done drown all the dumb babies!

Zippy Chippy
04-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Its a little quiet here today!

Zippy Chippy
04-05-2011, 09:45 PM
0-4!!! Keep it going!

JustRalph
04-06-2011, 12:38 AM
4-0 and the Miami Dolphins are starting to shake in their shoes

http://sportsdesignblog.typepad.com/.a/6a01127953797128a401156ff08f42970b-200wi

"Everyone in baseball talks about getting off to a good start. The Reds have pulled it off.

They pushed their record to 4-0 with an 8-2 thrashing to the Houston Astros Tuesday on a chilly night at Great American Ball Park before a crowd of the 11,821. The Reds haven’t started this well since they began the wire-to-wire championship season in 1990 with nine straight wins."

Robert Goren
04-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Outside of NY and Boston, baseball has become a "who cares?" sport. I use to follow the Yankees religiously and could tell you what every player did last night. Now day I can't tell you if they played. Too many strikes and too many "souped upped" players. I just don't care anymore. I am glad the pink sox are losing, but not enough to check the scores every day. The only people who care anymore are the fantasy players. The sport is a stats geek's paradise, I will give then that. But game itself is as boring as one of my political posts.

cj's dad
04-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Outside of NY and Boston, baseball has become a "who cares?" sport. I use to follow the Yankees religiously and could tell you what every player did last night. Now day I can't tell you if they played. Too many strikes and too many "souped upped" players. I just don't care anymore. I am glad the pink sox are losing, but not enough to check the scores every day. The only people who care anymore are the fantasy players. The sport is a stats geek's paradise, I will give then that. But game itself is as boring as one of my political posts.

Finally, something we can agree on. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
04-06-2011, 04:11 PM
I am praying for Reds vs Orioles World Series

Dennis? We would have to take two weeks off. :lol:

Zippy Chippy
04-06-2011, 05:04 PM

Unbelievable! This is100% me. I haven't watched a game in about 8 yrs. I used to bleed Yankees

cj's dad
04-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Hey Ralph- I will if you will and we watch all games you know where and all the food and drinks are on you know who - I'll leave the tips. ;)

BTW- we would only need 7-8 days off if there is a repeat of the '70 WS- O's 4- Reds 1- just remindin' bro !!

I am praying for Reds vs Orioles World Series

Dennis? We would have to take two weeks off. :lol:

Rookies
04-06-2011, 09:37 PM
D...

And from another corner of the bottom feeders of Capitalist Baseball v.s. Socialized Football...

BREAK UP MY BLUE JAYS !!! :lol:

4-1 to start... :cool:

Zippy Chippy
04-06-2011, 09:52 PM
This is heaven.. 0-5 Sox woooooooohooooooooooo

ElKabong
04-06-2011, 09:52 PM
the beatdowns continiue...

Tribe up on the winless Sawx, 7-2.....Varitek did something I've never seen before---- catcher didn't have his head in the game, ball is thrown to him for an easy tag....Problem is, Varitek didn't apply a tag, he thought it was a force play situation. Inexcuseable.

Yet funny as hell to watch. CLE followed that brainfart up w/ a 3 run jack (i think it was cabrera).

ElKabong
04-06-2011, 10:02 PM
an AAAAAA Bomb.........From AAAAAA-Gone.

7-4 tribe

JustRalph
04-07-2011, 02:52 AM
Reds whacked the Astro's tonight 12-4

5-0 to start the season........ this is getting interesting.

rastajenk
04-07-2011, 09:10 AM
If we can just shake those pesky Pirates, we'll clinch by Labour Day. :ThmbUp:

cj's dad
04-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Boston red sux are now 0-6 after today's 1-0 loss to the Indians.

What a wonderful life !!

Sux in last !!

JustRalph
04-07-2011, 10:44 PM
The dream is over..........the Red's lost today......... :faint:

Zippy Chippy
04-08-2011, 08:54 AM
I just got to work. I got a front parking spot and wondering where everyone is. It only takes be about 3 secs to realize. I get into the building and hit the cafe. The cook, cashier and everyone that came to work is wearing red sox baseball Jerseys. I think the home opener isclose to being a holiday here

cj's dad
04-08-2011, 09:57 AM
The Sox winning today has to be the surest bet ever.

ElKabong
04-11-2011, 07:48 PM
after taking the weekend series vs the yanks, the sawx are down 7-0 to the lowly Rays....at the Fens

It's going to a be a fun year...bosox will wake up, but when?

Most sought after "free agent" after the '11 season will be a pitching coach- Mike Maddux. Greg's brother is working miracles with what he has here....too bad the heat is just around the corner & his Pen will be pressed hard to hold up

the yanks and dodgers will be in a bidding war for Maddux. The R's have already said they'll pay whatever it takes to keep him...we'll see

Stillriledup
04-27-2011, 06:15 AM
after taking the weekend series vs the yanks, the sawx are down 7-0 to the lowly Rays....at the Fens

It's going to a be a fun year...bosox will wake up, but when?

Most sought after "free agent" after the '11 season will be a pitching coach- Mike Maddux. Greg's brother is working miracles with what he has here....too bad the heat is just around the corner & his Pen will be pressed hard to hold up

the yanks and dodgers will be in a bidding war for Maddux. The R's have already said they'll pay whatever it takes to keep him...we'll see

The lowly Rays? I wouldnt exactly call a .500 team who plays in the strongest division in baseball lowly.

But, that's just me.

cj
04-27-2011, 09:26 AM
The lowly Rays? I wouldnt exactly call a .500 team who plays in the strongest division in baseball lowly.

But, that's just me.

Obviously they were nowhere near 500 when he posted. Keep posting, you'll get something right eventually.

Stillriledup
04-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Obviously they were nowhere near 500 when he posted. Keep posting, you'll get something right eventually.

What does their current record have to do with anything? The Red Sox were also 2-10, would you call THEM lowly? I guess you would. That team is anything BUT lowly, no matter what their record is.

cj
04-27-2011, 12:21 PM
What does their current record have to do with anything? The Red Sox were also 2-10, would you call THEM lowly? I guess you would. That team is anything BUT lowly, no matter what their record is.

Anyone could do "I told you so" posts after the fact when they didn't tell us anything before the fact. We're all geniuses a month later.

Stillriledup
04-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Anyone could do "I told you so" posts after the fact when they didn't tell us anything before the fact. We're all geniuses a month later.

Its got nothing to do with after the fact or even before the fact. The Rays have been a very successful team over the last few years, they aren't the Rays we knew and loved from years back. THOSE Rays were lowly. Maybe i'm misinterpreting the definition of lowly. Even the best teams in the game lose 60 some odd games at least, so they are bound to lose a few in a row in stretches...i dont think that makes them 'lowly' i think its just a chunk of the 60 (or more) games they're destined to lose no matter how good they are.

The definition of a lowly team would be the Pirates.

If Lowly just means low in the standings, than i misspoke and i'm wrong as the Rays had a bad record when the word lowly was used. The word to me, seems like it has more of a 'built in' meaning and i dont think the Rays fall into the lowly category just because they've lost a handful of games in a row. The Red Sox were 2-10 but have great players all over their lineup. Their 2-10 start was not because they're 'lowly' it was because they just werent playing well and figured to turn it around (which they have). They were a good team playing badly....as opposed to a lowly team playing badly.

cj
04-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Its got nothing to...drivel, drivel, drivel.

Say it then, not now.

Stillriledup
04-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Say it then, not now.

But i said it now, the team is not lowly, they werent lowly then and they arent lowly now. :p

cj
04-27-2011, 06:10 PM
But i said it now, the team is not lowly, they werent lowly then and they arent lowly now. :p

It just depends on your definition of lowly. They were 0 and a bunch, that is lowly. For somebody that spends hours on end here, you sure miss a lot of stuff when it is actually current.

Stillriledup
04-27-2011, 07:40 PM
It just depends on your definition of lowly. They were 0 and a bunch, that is lowly. For somebody that spends hours on end here, you sure miss a lot of stuff when it is actually current.

Its just a matter of opinion and interpretation. You think any team with a poor record is lowly. I think that certain teams are lowly, but i don't believe a good team with talented players who goes on a short run of losses automatically becomes lowly.

JustRalph
04-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Reds are swooning ............ :bang:

eastie
04-28-2011, 01:01 AM

But, that's just me.

The rays are nowhere as lowly as their fans...which are very lowly. undeserving of a baseball team, or football team for that matter.

ElKabong
04-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Its just a matter of opinion and interpretation. You think any team with a poor record is lowly. I think that certain teams are lowly, but i don't believe a good team with talented players who goes on a short run of losses automatically becomes lowly.

Yo Bejeebus, Tampa Bay hasn't won a series vs a team with a current winning record (as of today).... L-O-W-L-Y. Say it slow, say it often

They lost Garza, and pretty much the entire Pen. And crawford and donner and blitzen....replaced them with old man Damon and Manny (oops)

They finish no better than 4th

Lowly

ElKabong
04-28-2011, 02:52 AM
Reds are swooning ............ :bang:

get your Horns up, JR. Drew gave em a lift tonight

Robert Goren
04-28-2011, 07:23 AM
The rays are nowhere as lowly as their fans...which are very lowly. undeserving of a baseball team, or football team for that matter.But they have a decent race track, even if the locals don't support like the out of state bettors do.

cj's dad
04-28-2011, 08:33 AM
And getting back to the original post, the lowly O's are going for a sweep tonight vs. the mighty sawx.

eastie
04-28-2011, 10:34 AM
But they have a decent race track, even if the locals don't support like the out of state bettors do.

This is true....I'll be heading there for the winter upon retirement. Plus it will easy to get red sox seats cheap.

cj's dad
05-02-2011, 02:41 PM
SOX IN LAST PLACE !!
SALES OF VALIUM SKYROCKET !!

cj
05-02-2011, 05:34 PM
And getting back to the original post, the lowly O's are going for a sweep tonight vs. the mighty sawx.

They did sweep the "other" Sox!

Dave Schwartz
05-02-2011, 06:23 PM
LOL - Boy, I wish Suff were here to respond. :D

Zippy Chippy
05-02-2011, 07:27 PM
HAHA. I am at applebys in cranston Rhode island they just took a vote at the bar. Bruins or red sox on the big screen. Bruins playoffs had no shot

cj's dad
05-02-2011, 07:58 PM
They did sweep the "other" Sox!

Not quite = Game 4 tonight -

BTW- Zach Briitton (5-1) is the real deal - he seems to be a clone of Dave Mc Nally

cj
05-02-2011, 08:33 PM
HAHA. I am at applebys in cranston Rhode island they just took a vote at the bar. Bruins or red sox on the big screen. Bruins playoffs had no shot

That is sad.

Zippy Chippy
05-02-2011, 09:57 PM
That is sad.

Whenever the Red Sox win they practically tackle the players that won the game. I swear if they win tonight people will be flipping cars over

cj's dad
05-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Whenever the Red Sox win they practically tackle the players that won the game. I swear if they win tonight people will be flipping cars over

some good info for you to use when talking w/ Sox fans.

Since 1954, the year the O's entered the AL through 2010 (57 seasons)
1) - the Yankees have won 11 WS - '56-'58-'61-'62-'77-'78-96-'98-'99-'00-'09 =19.2%
2)- Toronto has won 2 WS - '92 & '93 in only 33 years = 6.0%
3) - the O's have won 3 WS- '66-'70'-'83 = 5.2 %
4) - The Sox have won 2 WS -'04-'07 = 3.5%
5)- The Rays sit at 0

So, there you have it, 4th best in the AL East since 1954. Spread this little nugget amongst your fanatical Sox fans and watch them "clam" up.

cj's dad
05-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Sox in last- Sox in last - hahahahahahaha

Zippy Chippy
08-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Muhahaha. Life couldn't be better in Boston right now . Everyone crying on radio, tv, newspapers. So much fun watching. What a disaster they are. I think gonzalez, beckett, Crawford will play well in LA.

ElKabong
08-28-2012, 12:32 AM
That was the best trade in Sox history. Babe Ruth in reverse. Dump huge dead contracts of Beckett and Crawford, clear out some $$ for new blood.

AND......The Sox got pitching prospects! How the F did that happen??

The Dodgers are going down the path of Tom Hicks. I don't care how big the tv pact will (supposedly) be, they're going to be strapped very soon. Enjoy your future of Tom Hicks, Dodgers.... which is to say you gotta bargian with the likes of Mickey Tettleton and Mark McLemore to extend their pay periods and have them on payrll 10 yrs after they last played for you

Idiots

Valuist
08-28-2012, 12:54 PM
That was the best trade in Sox history. Babe Ruth in reverse. Dump huge dead contracts of Beckett and Crawford, clear out some $$ for new blood.

AND......The Sox got pitching prospects! How the F did that happen??

The Dodgers are going down the path of Tom Hicks. I don't care how big the tv pact will (supposedly) be, they're going to be strapped very soon. Enjoy your future of Tom Hicks, Dodgers.... which is to say you gotta bargian with the likes of Mickey Tettleton and Mark McLemore to extend their pay periods and have them on payrll 10 yrs after they last played for you

Idiots

Well said. Yes, Gonzalez adds a lot but Beckett and Crawford? Talk about dead weight contracts....amazed they could get a taker for those two. I assume Boston is picking up the bulk of the salaries.

cj
08-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Well said. Yes, Gonzalez adds a lot but Beckett and Crawford? Talk about dead weight contracts....amazed they could get a taker for those two. I assume Boston is picking up the bulk of the salaries.

I don't think Boston is doing that, which is even better for them.

Valuist
08-28-2012, 04:26 PM
I don't think Boston is doing that, which is even better for them.

I guess there's a new dumping ground for bloated contracts. Maybe Barry Zito and Alphonso Soriano can be traded after all.

Valuist
09-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Dodgers now 6-11 since the trade w/Boston.