PDA

View Full Version : HOT WX FOR BREEDERS CUP???

delayjf
10-22-2003, 12:46 PM
If it turns out to be a hot day on Sat (86 degrees predicted), will this give the California horses an edge?

dav4463
10-22-2003, 02:41 PM
That's what I thought a few years ago when I tossed Spinning World at Hollywood, and it cost me a pick 6....I ended up singling Geri, who ran second. Closest I've ever come to hitting the BC Pick 6.

delayjf
10-22-2003, 04:54 PM
Dave,

Sorry to drudge up bad memories. However, I recall that when the BC was at Gulfstream, the Europeans didn't do all that well. But, when the BC was at Belmont on a cold windy day (simular to Europe), they did much better.

Now, as I recall it was very hot in Europe this summer, so that may offset the so called WX advantage. If European horses are being shipped here only within the last week, then they might not acclimate in time to run their best. I noticed on the TVG show "the Works" that a few of the Europeans were getting lathered up pretty good, just in their morning jogs.

so.cal.fan
10-22-2003, 05:27 PM
Look, with temperatures close to 90' .......fires burning in nearby mountains.........things are going to be very hot and very uncomfortable for many of the BEST horses in the races.
You have to believe there will be a homecourt advantage.

Bubbles
10-22-2003, 06:01 PM
An interesting backdrop for the contest, dontcha think? ;)