PDA

View Full Version : Very good chance Obamma a 1 termer.

tonto1944
04-02-2011, 10:42 AM
When he took office Gas was $1.85 a Gal. I figure by election time it will be over $4. Heating Oil was $1.69 a Gal now it's $3 55..He don't care what you pay. He gets everything free. And make 1Mil a yr.The Dems in the hosue and Senate make over $125k a yr. PLUS EXPEN. So they don't have to worry they can afford to pay whatever it costs.
But people who have to work for a living makeing 50K a yr and under with no exp. given them have to decide what is more important, paying for gas to go to work,paying for heating oil or paying for food. Anybody who votes for Dem in the next election gets what they deserve.
Drll Baby Drill. We have plenty of it here.
They have the same lame excuse everytime. It will take 2-3yrs for the prices to drop and get the Oil out of the ground.
Well if they would have started years ago we wouldn't be in the position we are in now.

lamboguy
04-02-2011, 11:00 AM
the way i look at things is like this, he took over the dollar index was 72, now its 77. he looks good there. however gold which happens to be the only true indicator was only $1250, today its $1430 and headed tot $1600. that's never good for any president sitting in power.

i think eventually natural gas will bail this country out of everything. also with the advent of the tea party wing of the republican party, is signaling that people are actually starting to pay attention to the elected officals here. i don't think the tea party deal is the answer, but its at least a good start for whatever party pops up that tries to be resposible to the citizens and not the corporations.

Robert Goren
04-02-2011, 11:03 AM
When he took office Gas was $1.85 a Gal. I figure by election time it will be over $4. Heating Oil was $1.69 a Gal now it's $3 55..He don't care what you pay. He gets everything free. And make 1Mil a yr.The Dems in the hosue and Senate make over $125k a yr. PLUS EXPEN. So they don't have to worry they can afford to pay whatever it costs.
But people who have to work for a living makeing 50K a yr and under with no exp. given them have to decide what is more important, paying for gas to go to work,paying for heating oil or paying for food. Anybody who votes for Dem in the next election gets what they deserve.
Drll Baby Drill. We have plenty of it here.
They have the same lame excuse everytime. It will take 2-3yrs for the prices to drop and get the Oil out of the ground.
Well if they would have started years ago we wouldn't be in the position we are in now.There is plenty of oil out there now, so much so that they are having a hard time finding places to store it.

Robert Goren
04-02-2011, 11:31 AM
the way i look at things is like this, he took over the dollar index was 72, now its 77.he looks good there. however gold which happens to be the only true indicator was only $1250, today its $1430 and headed tot $1600. that's never good for any president sitting in power.

i think eventually natural gas will bail this country out of everything. also with the advent of the tea party wing of the republican party, is signaling that people are actually starting to pay attention to the elected officals here. i don't think the tea party deal is the answer, but its at least a good start for whatever party pops up that tries to be resposible to the citizens and not the corporations.The rising gold prices has fueled by massive buying by India and maybe China(although that is hard to cofirm). It began long before Obama became president when gold was about $850. If and when India stops buying, the bottom will fall out. We have seen that happen several times in the last few years when they stop buying for a month or so and the price drops $50 in two weeks. Then they start buying again and it is back to the races. As long as India is buying, $2000(or higher) is not out of the question. If they stop buying $700 is not out either. Good luck to you if you are a buyer, but don't try to say the price is being driven by anything other than the demand(lust might be better word) for gold jewelry by India's rapidly increasing wealthy class.

FantasticDan
04-02-2011, 11:42 AM
There is plenty of oil out there now, so much so that they are having a hard time finding places to store it. :ThmbUp:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?play=1&video=3000008896

boxcar
04-02-2011, 12:44 PM
There is plenty of oil out there now, so much so that they are having a hard time finding places to store it.

And from whom did the U.S. buy all this stored oil?

Boxcar

lamboguy
04-02-2011, 12:57 PM
the amount of gold india and china buy's for jewelry is very small compared to what central banks are buying with gold in the form of currency.

the real mindblower these days is silver. right now we have backwardation in that market. i have never seen backwardation in any market that has lasted so long. its been 5 months so far in silver and there has been a huge price increase in that time that should have taken care of the backwardation, but it didn't. so far this has not hit the gold market, if it does i predict that the dollar will be close to worthless.

Robert Fischer
04-02-2011, 01:03 PM
the amount of gold india and china buy's for jewelry is very small compared to what central banks are buying with gold in the form of currency.

+1

FantasticDan
04-02-2011, 01:08 PM
And from whom did the U.S. buy all this stored oil?

49% is US produced. Top 5 US Sources of Net Crude Oil and Petroleum Product Imports:

Canada (23.3%)
Venezuela (10.7%)
Saudi Arabia (10.4%)
Mexico (9.2%)
Nigeria (8.3%)

Robert Goren
04-02-2011, 01:21 PM

the real mindblower these days is silver. right now we have backwardation in that market. i have never seen backwardation in any market that has lasted so long. its been 5 months so far in silver and there has been a huge price increase in that time that should have taken care of the backwardation, but it didn't. so far this has not hit the gold market, if it does i predict that the dollar will be close to worthless.Whose Central banks are buying gold? If they are buying, they are buying from each other not on the open market. The amount of gold on the open market is very limited. Prices in the silver market have manipulated before. I would not trust anything that goes on there. The real interest to me is what is going on in wheat.

Robert Fischer
04-02-2011, 01:58 PM
The real interest to me is what is going on in wheat.

whats going on w/ wheat?

Robert Goren
04-02-2011, 02:20 PM
whats going on w/ wheat?It going through the ceiling. Up about 75% since the end of June. It may be time to go back on the Atkin Diet. Lots of reasons are being given. You can take your pick. I do know that in last ten years or so some land that was planted to wheat is now planted to corn. Not as flashy as gold but recently a lot more profitable. I am not saying that it will continue to be that way, but........

JustRalph
04-03-2011, 01:05 AM
PORK BELLY'S !!

ElKabong
04-03-2011, 04:28 PM
pork bellies...

Warren Buffett: John, I 'll bet you a dollar that I can take a bum off the streets, expose him to our environment, and he'll be as successful as our young Winthorp.

John Poulsen: You're on, Warren....

prospector
04-03-2011, 06:29 PM
farmers this year will produce more corn than in history..yet, its not enough for demand..china no longer grows its own corn..they buy all their corn from us..cotton is the next big cash crop..farmers are switching over to get in on it..
corn futures the other day jumped $30..and we're wasting it on ethanol and driving up corn prices even more..

Tom
04-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the moron government is still diverting corn to an inefficient fuel additive that drives up food prices and decreases MPG in our cars.

Can they really be this dumb????

fast4522
04-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Also spending money that we do not have to do this so Europe can continue to get all of the oil from Libya. How does oil for Europe meet our national interests?

Mike at A+
04-03-2011, 09:05 PM
There seems to be a lot of talk about impeachment these days. And much of it is coming from the left.

Let's Roll
04-03-2011, 09:15 PM
There seems to be a lot of talk about impeachment these days. And much of it is coming from the left.
Really? I have not seen anything online about that. Do you have links? What are the grounds mentioned for impeachment?

Mike at A+
04-03-2011, 09:39 PM
For starters, Kucinich saying that Obama violated the War Powers Act. We also have "boots on the ground" in Libya after Obama swore that it wouldn't happen. And FBN exposed more wrongdoings through FOIA.

Let's Roll
04-03-2011, 09:57 PM
For starters, Kucinich saying that Obama violated the War Powers Act. We also have "boots on the ground" in Libya after Obama swore that it wouldn't happen. And FBN exposed more wrongdoings through FOIA.
I was hoping to see something more substantial, bho can rope a dope and headfake out of those charges. But like you said, it's a start. Thanks.

newtothegame
04-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Also spending money that we do not have to do this so Europe can continue to get all of the oil from Libya. How does oil for Europe meet our national interests?

Because Europe is the main importer of US goods. If their economy goes under, our exports go down!

Mike at A+
04-03-2011, 10:04 PM
I was hoping to see something more substantial, bho can rope a dope and headfake out of those charges. But like you said, it's a start. Thanks.
Of course he can rope a dope and the fawning liberal media enables him to get away with that. If he wins re-election in 2012 it just proves how stupid we Americans are.

Tom
04-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Screw Europe = let THEM pay for the air strikes.
Many of them were the one whining the loudest when we took care of SH - now they want our help.

Screw Europe.
And screw the frigging Muslims - they want us to do their dirty work.
Let Sorry Arabia send in troops. And cash.

Muslim killing Muslim - NOT our problem.
We should be using that money to develop our own oil drilling.

Robert Goren
04-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the moron government is still diverting corn to an inefficient fuel additive that drives up food prices and decreases MPG in our cars.

Can they really be this dumb???? You are right about ethanol. The whole thing is crazy. The ethanol part of the Energy bill of 2005 should repealed. But I really doubt you find too many congressmen of either party willing to do it. There is 4.6 cent lower Federal tax on it than gasoline per gallon that due expire at the end of 2011. I doubt that will happen. In Nebraska the Ethanol producers get an 18 cent rebate for each Gallon produced and sold in the state. Still the price is only a dime cheaper than regular gasoline.

highnote
04-05-2011, 07:23 PM
If he wins re-election in 2012 it just proves how stupid we Americans are.

I think this was already proved in 2006. LOL

highnote
04-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Screw Europe = let THEM pay for the air strikes.
Many of them were the one whining the loudest when we took care of SH - now they want our help.

Screw Europe.
And screw the frigging Muslims - they want us to do their dirty work.
Let Sorry Arabia send in troops. And cash.

Muslim killing Muslim - NOT our problem.
We should be using that money to develop our own oil drilling.

from http://www.Stratfor.com

Immaculate Intervention: The Wars of Humanitarianism

Since World War II, a new class of war has emerged that we might call humanitarian wars — wars in which the combatants claim to be fighting neither for their national interest nor to impose any ideology, but rather to prevent inordinate human suffering. In Kosovo and now in Libya, this has been defined as stopping a government from committing mass murder. But it is not confined to that. In the 1990s, the U.S. intervention in Somalia was intended to alleviate a famine while the invasion of Haiti was designed to remove a corrupt and oppressive regime causing grievous suffering.

Read more: Immaculate Intervention: The Wars of Humanitarianism | STRATFOR

As far as using "that money" for drilling for our own oil, private enterprise will take care of that. There is a huge boom going on in drilling called "high pressure fracturing". They may even drill in your backyard one day if the shale beds are near you. I know the shale is from Ohio to New England. It's big business!

Tom
04-05-2011, 09:48 PM
As far as using "that money" for drilling for our own oil, private enterprise will take care of that.

Dumbama is helping other countries drill for oil - why not us?
the dirty rat-bastard.

I can't wait for 2012 - time for a day of rage now. HE himself is on record that he supports crowd rule and the removal of heads of state by the will of rioters. Time to take him up on his offer.

Obama, time for you to go.