PDA

View Full Version : April 2nd Selections

Dahoss9698
04-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Aqueduct-

1st- #:6: Hookedon Karakorum is back at the level she belongs. Always tough to take a horse that is 1 for 19 lifetime, but she should work out a nice trip from the second flight and can win in this weak field.
Play: Win bet and back wheel in exacta

3rd- #:7: Stoneridge has many angles to like. Bruce Levine is very strong with 2nd time starters, is 33% first time blinkers and 28% first time lasix. Wouldn't want to take too short a price on her, but at or around her ML seems right.
Play: Win bet at 3-1 or higher

7th- The kind of race I think you have to take a shot, because they take turns beating each other. #:1: Bombilla has a few lengths to make up on Crafty Gem. But that one enjoyed a perfect inside out trip last time while Bombilla was wide throughout. Two back Bombilla had a slow start, but put in another strong late kick to finish 3rd against two of todays rivals. She needs some help, but isn't impossible at what should be a very nice price.
Bet: Win bet on Bombilla. Exacta 2,3,5,7,9 with 1.

7th- $1 Pick 4: 1,2,9 with 6 with 1,2,3 with 6,11

9th- # :3: Goombada Guska was purchased privately after his last and turned over to Steve Asmussen. He'll need to step it up a bit, but with the trainer change I think he can. Understatement is going to be very dangerous here as he should be able to control the pace and Inherit the Gold is really good right now.
Play: Win bet

Gulfstream-

2nd- .50 pick 4: 7,8 with 6,7 with 3,4,5 with 1,4,6

3rd- #:7: Neat Lightning goes first out off the claim for Rick Dutrow. Needless to say, it's one of the strongest moves in racing and she figures to sit a nice trip right off the speed.
Play: Win bet at 3-1 or higher

4th- #:3: Sunshineandsilence makes her second start for Ian Wilkes. He's had a tough meet, but she had a terrible break last time, was far back and passed some horses late. She gets lasix and should show more this time. You're Kidding also had trouble early, when well bet last time. Working well and expect to see much better this time.
Play: Win bet on #:3: . Exacta box 3,4 with 3,4,5,6,9

6th- #:4: Wet One was in a very tough spot last time against the subsequent winner of the Orchid. Back with maidens, she has a very strong chance in here.
Play: win bet

7th- #:4: Star Zapper is probably really outclassed here, but he hasn't run that bad on grass with some minor excuses and might be clear early. Small win bet at a huge price.

8th- Something has to give here as the contenders that have run all have a lot of early speed. #:12: Graceontour goes inside to outside and maybe that move will relax her a bit more. Also using Air Guitar, a half to Smooth Air, Caught My Heart and Savvy Supreme.
Play: Win bet and exacta 4,5,7,9 with 12

8th- .50 Pick 5: 4,7,9,12 with 5,6,7,8 with 3 with 7 with 2,3,9

9th- #:5: Prize Catch cuts back and should have some speed to run at. Needs some racing luck, but should be a big price and still has some upside.
Play: win bet

9th- .50 pick 4: 5,6,7,8 with 3 with 7 with 2,3,9

11th- #:7: It's Tricky has done nothing wrong and might be the best 3 year old filly in the country. Has enough speed to stay close and I think will prove much the best. I think that 9th furlong is going to be R Heat Lightning's undoing and will try and best her for 2nd.
Play: exacta 7 with 1,4,6 Double 7 with 2,3,9

Good luck

PaceAdvantage
04-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Always nice to get some commentary along with the selections...good luck today!

eastie
04-02-2011, 09:44 AM
a lot of keen insight. reading the comments and looking at the races will give you a peek inside the mind of a handicapper who knows his stuff. thanks Hoss

Dahoss9698
04-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Lots of scratches at Gulfstream. Changing some plays.

Gulfstream 2nd- .50 pick 4: 7,8 with 7,8 with 3,4,5 with 1,4,6

Gulfstream 8th- .50 pick 5:
4,7,9,12 with 5,6,7,8 with 3 with 7 with 2,8,9

Gulfstream 11th- Double 7 with 2,8,9