PDA

View Full Version : Formulator Software - Charts problem

jeebus1083
03-31-2011, 09:30 AM
So I decided that I wanted to do chart notes using the software version of Formulator (since I'm going to be using the comma-delimited files eventually), and since I updated Formulator to fix the 2011 glitch, I get this error whenever I attempt to open the Charts:

"You must have a Valid Race Card open to Access Race Chart for Notes"

When I open a card, and then proceed to re-try the race chart notes function, I get the message that the chart has expired.

Is anyone else on the forum who still uses the software edition having the same problem?

I'm very comfortable with the software version, as if I bring the laptop to a track/OTB without internet (Saratoga Harness), I can use Formulator right off the computer. The Web version doesn't afford me that opportunity. I just wish that Moss figs and Synth stats would be added to the software. If DRF can update their stand-alone software to address a file glitch, they should overhaul their software to bring it in line with the Web version.

cj
03-31-2011, 09:33 AM
I think with the software there was always a time period for the charts. I don't remember what it was exactly, but it wasn't very long. I think the original idea was to use the charts to handicap that day's races. Once they are complete, the charts are gone.

jeebus1083
03-31-2011, 09:39 AM
I think with the software there was always a time period for the charts. I don't remember what it was exactly, but it wasn't very long. I think the original idea was to use the charts to handicap that day's races. Once they are complete, the charts are gone.

The time period for the Form Note Charts was always 1 week. Accessing the trainer angles for a previous card goes dead the very next day.

I have the previous Formulator (before the recent update) on my desktop, and the charts function works fine, but does me no good when it comes to my laptop. It's definitely a glitch with the recent update.

jeebus1083
03-31-2011, 09:06 PM
Is Marc @ DRF still on the board? Maybe he can answer?