PDA

View Full Version : virus

lamboguy
03-31-2011, 08:45 AM
i have been getting mail from united parcel service that says i have a delivery on the way and for me to click on a download that has a virus attached to it.

just giving you a little heads up as to what is happening in our crazy little world.

Saratoga_Mike
03-31-2011, 08:47 AM
got the same thing

lamboguy
03-31-2011, 09:14 AM
got the same thingwhat a dirty evil screwed up world there mike, i got hit with over 50 piesces of this mail, i am finding the only good people are all on this pace advantage board.

ArlJim78
03-31-2011, 09:35 AM
I've seen that same email, and other like it. never clicked it though.

Canarsie
03-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Received the same email and it was deleted immediately. First you could tell it wasn't a genuinely from UPS it didn't have any info in the body of the email.

Second and most important is the #1 rule I told everyone way back when. "Would you open up a package from Saddam Hussein"? Everyone says no so then I ask them "why do it from anyone you don't know"?

I won't even open attachments from friends unless I really know what their doing. Lots of people get their email accounts hacked it's another way they sent you viruses.

CryingForTheHorses
03-31-2011, 10:53 AM
Norton antivirus has a place you can go for live help to get rid of these virus's.They have done good things for my computer.Geeze they log onto your computer and remove the virus's while you watch..BEWARE of the ANTIVIRUS 2011.It is a virus filled phoney rogue program that you cannot uninstall.Offers you a antivirus for a set fee but all they are trying to do is get your credit card number.The more you x it out the more virus's it install on your computer.

sonnyp
04-18-2011, 04:02 PM
i got the virus cause im an idiot and opened an email from spam about a package. i thought it was an easter gift for my son.

it would not allow me to connect to internet via any source..firefox, chrome. explorer etc.

im a computer moron. i know just the basics. i have no firwalls running cause they seem ta always cause trouble.

anyway i did a system restore to past saturday and voila im on the internet. once before i used a free version of malwarebytes to clean up a virus situation. i can find malware bytes but no free download.

everything seems ok now. do i need to do anything more than the system restore and if so, is there a free down load to clean it up ?

HUSKER55
04-18-2011, 11:19 PM
MALWAREBYTES.ORG
AVG.COM

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2011, 03:05 AM
i got the virus cause im an idiot and opened an email from spam about a package. i thought it was an easter gift for my son.

it would not allow me to connect to internet via any source..firefox, chrome. explorer etc.

im a computer moron. i know just the basics. i have no firwalls running cause they seem ta always cause trouble.

anyway i did a system restore to past saturday and voila im on the internet. once before i used a free version of malwarebytes to clean up a virus situation. i can find malware bytes but no free download.

everything seems ok now. do i need to do anything more than the system restore and if so, is there a free down load to clean it up ?When all is lost, HITMAN PRO might be your best friend:

http://www.surfright.nl/en

30 day free trial. You might have to run it in safe mode for the real doozies, but I have used it with success while not having to go to safe mode.

I also highly recommend Microsoft Security Essentials (FREE) along with the aforementioned Malwarebytes.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

Striker
04-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Yep, received the same one here. Also, many of the credit card companies have been hacked and I get please confirm your account info and log in emailed to me. The email says it is from the exact credit card company but obviously you should never open it and perform the action that is requested. My dad also has told me he has been getting numerous phone calls from unavailable phone numbers that are telling him that he has won airline tickets or some other prize and they are asking for all kinds of verfication, such as his birthday, home address and SS#. Obviously, some identity thieves hard at work. I truly hope that nobody ever falls for this type of stuff but I would have to guess that some people actually believe this stuff is true and oblige.

sonnyp
04-19-2011, 03:05 PM
thanks for all the help from everyone...pms and posts. got it cleaned up.

you don't miss the water till the well runs dry !!!!

DONT OPEN SPAM...it's not worth the agrevation.

Dave Schwartz
04-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Did you know that Microsoft will help you get rid of viruses with no charge?

True!