PDA

View Full Version : The Basics of Winning

Dave Schwartz
03-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Coming up in a few weeks is a 4-session course called the Basics of Winning. This course is designed to take your game to a new level.

The schedule is yet to be determined.

As we all know, horse racing is a tough game. In order to succeed, one should divide the process into two phases: handicapping and exploitation (wagering).

This class is all about the exploitation phase.

Some of the highlights:
How to maximize the impact of your contenders
How to make an odds line (2 very powerful methods)
How to structure exactas
Knowing how deep to go
How to measure the effectiveness of your contenders
How to grade races for profitability
When to pass

Includes significant course materials, workbook and spreadsheets.

...and much, much more.

Cost of the class will be approximately $77, less for early sign ups.

So, consider the following poll... I need to know if enough people are interested in this class for me to pursue it.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Kevroc
03-31-2011, 01:01 AM
The betting part is my biggest weakness by far, so you know I will be into this 100%.

Being a horizontal player for so long, I'm used to the long stretches of tearing up tickets and catching a handful of "windfalls" that made my year.. well, one can only endure so long of a stretch before his bankroll suffers a margin call!

Looking forward to this. I know I won't abandon horizontals completely but, would like to be cashing individual races on the regular to... (let me hand the spotlight over to my boy Ken Rudolf..)

Pad my bankroll. :lol:

beertapper
03-31-2011, 02:30 AM
dave.. will the course be live, and if so, can we download the audio file / video file later ?

Dave Schwartz
03-31-2011, 03:07 AM
The class is designed to be interactive. However, all sessions will be recorded and available for download for all participants.

Richard
03-31-2011, 06:06 AM
Count me in,Dave.

eddie10
03-31-2011, 06:45 AM
Sounds interesting I'm in. You can never know to much.

jeebus1083
03-31-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm interested, but between work and life, I'm unsure if I can do a live course at the moment.

Dave Schwartz
03-31-2011, 11:02 AM
While it was designed for inter-action, it will still be great on the download, especially if you do the exercises and homework.

Dave

Jay Trotter
03-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Dave, what day of the week and time do you think you'll be presenting?

Dave Schwartz
03-31-2011, 06:55 PM
That is the question that comes after this poll.

WPL
04-01-2011, 01:54 AM
because I would 'almost definitely' sign up, but depending upon my schedule would only 'probably' be able to attend on your schedule!

Dave Schwartz
04-01-2011, 02:00 AM
The program is actually designed to be used two ways:

1. Live, where you get to ask questions, etc.

2. Watch it after the fact.

Either way, the homework is available the day of the workshop and does not need to be finished before the next workshop.

Live is, of course, better but you still get 95% of the benefits. Besides, someone will probably ask your question anyway.

Sinner369
04-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Dave.

I think this seminar is a great idea, even if I cannot attend live...........

When one hits a long, losing streak (I sure everyone experienced that before) one can review the Topics and make the necessary corrections.

It's like taking a refresher course after many hours in the battle field.

Dave Schwartz
04-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Sinner,

"Refresher course" sounds like it is just stuff that all the experienced guys know. I guarantee that is not the case!

This course will be an eye opener for anyone who attends. Most players will make changes in their game because of what they learn.

Years ago I did a workshop or two on "wagering math." Do not confuse that with what this course.

Even if you are a winning player, you will come away from this course with some new ideas about how to win more consistently. This is especially true if you are a player who is simply tired of losing.

In order to take one's game to a new level, one must first see where they are now. Only after one can objectively view both their strengths and their weaknesses, can they expect to make improvement.

That is where we will begin; with an assessment. But you need to the proper tools to assess with. Those tools will be provided and explained.

These tools are like none you have seen before. Simple and useable.

Any product I produce will always be chock-filled with lots of stuff that has never seen the light of day. Innovation is is what I do. This class will be no exception.

Dave

duckhunter3
04-03-2011, 06:44 PM
I am looking forward to this Dave. Monday and Tuesday and wednesday are best for me.

krw

Sinner369
04-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Dave,

It's hard to find new information on handicapping horses and anything new I must investigate................

You convinced me, where do I sign up???

Dave Schwartz
04-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Later this week I will be sending emails to everyone on our emailing list. I will also post instructions here on PA.

If you are not on our list now, just send me an email with your name and I will add you.

In addition, make sure you sign up on our website.

*Please note that everyone on the email list will get a discount coupon.

Dave

*If you have purchased a product from us such as Improve/Decline, NewPace or the 2011 HorseStreet Par Times, you are in our email list already.

Mike A
04-06-2011, 11:16 AM
I will definitely, 100% sign up for this if you decide to go hold this course, Dave.

Dave Schwartz
04-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Mike,

Thanks for your support.

I am finishing the agenda this week - the first week's materials are done as well. My target is to finalize the schedule before week's end and post official signups on Monday.

Dave