PDA

View Full Version : Obama gets lowest reelect score ever

ArlJim78
03-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Some see this guy as unbeatable next year, I think he's toast. His incompetent and malevolent policies are plainly visible now even to independents.

American voters disapprove 48 – 42 percent of the job President Barack Obama is doing and say 50 – 41 percent he does not deserve to be re-elected in 2012, both all-time lows, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.

This compares to a 46 – 46 percent job approval rating and a 45 – 47 percent split on the President’s re-election in a March 3 survey by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University. In a hypothetical 2012 matchup, President Obama gets 36 percent of the vote to 37 percent for an unnamed Republican challenger.

Democrats approve 80 – 13 percent of the job Obama is doing, but disapproval is 81 – 9 percent among Republicans and 50 – 39 percent among independent voters. Men disapprove 52 – 41 percent while women split 44 – 44 percent.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1575

FantasticDan
03-30-2011, 12:30 PM
It's very common for an incumbent president to have low poll numbers in the latter half of their first term. It's a mistake to underestimate Obama and his prospects for re-election. Even some righties here have acknowledged that..

prospector
03-30-2011, 12:33 PM
as long as the corrupt unions are behind him, his chances are pretty good..
still too many rino's in congress to make the changes necessary..those are the targets for 2012, obummer is secondary..

boxcar
03-30-2011, 12:34 PM
It's very common for an incumbent president to have low poll numbers in the latter half of their first term. It's a mistake to underestimate Obama and his prospects for re-election. Even some righties here have acknowledged that..

Yes, some do. I'm one. But it's now due to any strengths Obmaa has. It's due to the very weak Republican field at this point in the game.

Boxcar

Saratoga_Mike
03-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Yes, some do. I'm one. But it's now due to any strengths Obmaa has. It's due to the very weak Republican field at this point in the game. Boxcar

Might you run Box? Your charm would surely win over the voters.

maddog42
03-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Some see this guy as unbeatable next year, I think he's toast. His incompetent and malevolent policies are plainly visible now even to independents.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1575 (http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1575)

Your thread is slightly misleading. It is Obama's lowest score, not the lowest score ever.

boxcar
03-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Might you run Box? Your charm would surely win over the voters.

...not to mention my good looks, personality, intelligence and my skills of articulation. :)

But seriously..."charm" is a cheap commodity that can be picked up at any Dollar Store. What this country needs is a strong, courageous and articulate leader who can speak with moral authority and clarity. This kind of leader, conversely, is as rare as a Painite gemstone. You think you're qualified?

Boxcar

ArlJim78
03-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Your thread is slightly misleading. It is Obama's lowest score, not the lowest score ever.
I used the wording from the article title. blame them.
I understood it to be Obamas lowest number yet, but hey, he still has something to shoot for!

March 30, 2011 - Obama Gets Lowest Approval, Reelect Score Ever,

Saratoga_Mike
03-30-2011, 01:46 PM
...not to mention my good looks, personality, intelligence and my skills of articulation. :)

But seriously..."charm" is a cheap commodity that can be picked up at any Dollar Store. What this country needs is a strong, courageous and articulate leader who can speak with moral authority and clarity. This kind of leader, conversely, is as rare as a Painite gemstone. You think you're qualified?

Boxcar

I know you're joking of course, but I wouldn't want to be president. The stress would be unbearable, imo. I'd like to find another Reagan with more fiscal restraint.

Ocala Mike
03-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Pew spins it this way:

http://politifi.com/news/Poll-Obama-in-Good-Position-For-2012-Presidential-ReElection-Bid-1796684.html

Ocala Mike

maddog42
03-30-2011, 02:14 PM
I used the wording from the article title. blame them.
I understood it to be Obamas lowest number yet, but hey, he still has something to shoot for!

March 30, 2011 - Obama Gets Lowest Approval, Reelect Score Ever,

A little historical perspective from Wikipedia

Highest approval Highest Disapproval

Bush G,W. 90 71
Clinton 73 54
BUSH GHW 89 60
REAGAN 68 56
CARTER 75 59
FORD 71 46
NIXON 67 66
JOHNSON 79 52
KENNEDY 83 30

Very interesting , no matter what your political persuasion. I believe we are getting more extreme in our highs and lows. Maybe due to quality of Presidents.

Bush G.W. 90 71

Tom
03-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Maybe due to quality of Presidents.

Or lack of it.

FantasticDan
03-30-2011, 02:50 PM
No matter what town or city you live in, if you judge by people's comments on public forms or editorial pages, every place has the worst governor, the worst mayor, the worst city council, the worst school board, etc etc etc.

The (political) internet is nothing if not a huge cesspool of bitter negativity, and it's very difficult for any public official not to be seen in a poor light. And being the President? Forget about it...

boxcar
03-30-2011, 03:12 PM
The (political) internet is nothing if not a huge cesspool of bitter negativity, and it's very difficult for any public official not to be seen in a poor light. And being the President? Forget about it...

Care to expand on that? This "bitter negativity" (akin to Obama's "bitter" clingers to guns and religion", perhaps?), is it justified or unjustified? Should public officials be held accountable for how they portray themselves to the public?

Boxcar

Mike at A+
03-30-2011, 06:08 PM
There are too many stupid people in this country who wouldn't think twice about voting for this failure of a president. Blacks will vote for him simply because he's black. Elites will vote for him because they hate the white middle class. Feminists will vote for him because he believes in abortion on demand. And of course the unions will vote for him because they want the gravy train to keep rolling. If he wins in 2012, I fear what America will look like in 2016. And I fear for our children who will be graduating college in debt with no decent jobs to be found.

cj's dad
03-30-2011, 06:27 PM
There are too many stupid people in this country who wouldn't think twice about voting for this failure of a president. Blacks will vote for him simply because he's black. Elites will vote for him because they hate the white middle class. Feminists will vote for him because he believes in abortion on demand. And of course the unions will vote for him because they want the gravy train to keep rolling. If he wins in 2012, I fear what America will look like in 2016. And I fear for our children who will be graduating college in debt with no decent jobs to be found.

Excellent post Mike - I could not have said it better myself !!

You must be a racist !! :faint:

Let's Roll
03-30-2011, 06:35 PM
I tend to agree. And since you mention 2016, I'll continue the theme and give you my winning ticket for 2016. Obama/Winfrey

cj's dad
03-30-2011, 06:51 PM
If BO wins in '12 he cannot run for Prez in '16, unless they change the law to allow non-citizens to run as first time candidates. :eek:

Let's Roll
03-30-2011, 06:58 PM
If BO wins in '12 he cannot run for Prez in '16, unless they change the law to allow non-citizens to run as first time candidates. :eek:
Not that Obama.........

PaceAdvantage
03-30-2011, 08:01 PM
No matter what town or city you live in, if you judge by people's comments on public forms or editorial pages, every place has the worst governor, the worst mayor, the worst city council, the worst school board, etc etc etc.

The (political) internet is nothing if not a huge cesspool of bitter negativity, and it's very difficult for any public official not to be seen in a poor light. And being the President? Forget about it...So, according to this, George W is AOK.... :lol:

BTW, I heard that Obama's approval rating is now the lowest ever for any President at this point in his term....bravo!!!

sandpit
03-30-2011, 08:28 PM
I tend to agree. And since you mention 2016, I'll continue the theme and give you my winning ticket for 2016. Obama/Winfrey

This may be the single most frightening post in the history of the internet.

Mike at A+
03-30-2011, 08:33 PM
This may be the single most frightening post in the history of the internet.
Actually Obama/Behar would be much worse.

FantasticDan
03-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Who would win in an Obama/Winfrey vs Trump/Charlie Sheen race? Don't think it couldn't happen.. :D

Let's Roll
03-30-2011, 09:24 PM
This may be the single most frightening post in the history of the internet.My post is not intended to frighten or give anyone a laugh.Just calling it the way I see it.

Steve 'StatMan'
03-31-2011, 01:21 AM
Not that Obama.........

Uh oh. Well, time to repeat what I said back in 2008, and at least put Oprah Winfrey on the top of the ticket.

Tom
03-31-2011, 07:30 AM
Oprah likes it on top?