PDA

View Full Version : Bookies Picking up a Lot of Lost OTB Action

classhandicapper
03-30-2011, 10:47 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bettor_biz_for_bookies_LMqmkrbhZGRWvm5UHaD9IP#ixzz 1I2EcjUpw

slew101
03-30-2011, 02:13 PM
["Anyone dealing with illegal bookies is taking a big risk. How do they ensure they will collect their winnings?" Mahoney asked.]

Reminds me of the Odd Couple episode where Oscar had the exercise rider giving him tips. He won so much, he broke his bookie, 52nd-street Irwin. So Oscar tells Felix:

"We'll bet with OTB. The city will be our bookie."

Felix: "How come we didn't bet with OTB to begin with?"

Oscar: "Because Irwin is a better risk."

classhandicapper
03-31-2011, 02:23 PM
["Anyone dealing with illegal bookies is taking a big risk. How do they ensure they will collect their winnings?" Mahoney asked.]

Reminds me of the Odd Couple episode where Oscar had the exercise rider giving him tips. He won so much, he broke his bookie, 52nd-street Irwin. So Oscar tells Felix:

lmao :lol:

MaTH716
03-31-2011, 02:39 PM

That's my favorite show of all time. The best line of that episode were when Oscar was teaching Felix how to bet. He explained Win, Place and Show wagering. Felix just couldn't believe that if you came in third you still got paid.

Felix "Your horse could finish third by 20 lengths and they still pay you? And you have been losing money for all these years?!"

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: