PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Cloud Player

chickenhead
03-29-2011, 01:22 AM
Finally, a lala.com replacement. Easy peasy.

Store music here:

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/learnmore

Play it with this on the web:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/mp3/player#albums

Play it with the Android app on your phone:

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Amazon-MP3/dp/B004FRX0MY

bigmack
03-29-2011, 01:32 AM
How dare you compare this with lala? While I applaud many of the moves Amazon is making, "clouding" my own collection for portable playability is a far cry from lala.

What an outrage. Bring it up a notch, Chicky.

chickenhead
03-29-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm still pissed about lala, how dare you be signifying to me. But that clouding my collection was what I used lala for the most -- so this helps soothe me a bit. I had unlimited play on many many thousands of lala songs. The message board embed was a nice curiosity, but I can live without it.

Amazon is a little pricey, should leave plenty of room for the Goog to undercut them, if they can ever close this frickin' deal. I'm sure the music labels are just wonderful to deal with. But they better hurry.

Amazon means business -- with their App store, free Video streaming for Prime customers, and this play the Amazon Android devices are right around the corner -- full up with media and payment play...Amazon is making an impressively strong move here that's gonna play out over the next 12 months.

bigmack
03-29-2011, 01:48 AM
Amazon means business -- with their App store, free Video streaming for Prime customers, and this play the Amazon Android devices are right around the corner -- full up with media and payment play...Amazon is making an impressively strong move here that's gonna play out over the next 12 months.
Never forget it was Apple that killed lala. Speaking of Amazon App Store, Apple is suing them over the term App Store. Litigious, these fruits.

Give me one instance you need to hear your own music when you ain't at your crib?

chickenhead
03-29-2011, 02:06 AM
Never forget it was Apple that killed lala. Speaking of Amazon App Store, Apple is suing them over the term App Store. Litigious, these fruits.

Give me one instance you need to hear your own music when you ain't at your crib?

I work for a living my man. What I do requires Shaolin monk like levels of sustained concentration. And this sort of thing cannot be achieved without proper tunes to focus the mind. Like a surgeon requiring a scalpel at the ready -- I call for tunes, stat!, when required. Them cars don't wash themselves.

bigmack
03-29-2011, 02:28 AM
I just can't wrap my head around you workin' for the man. Mind like yours deserves to be unfettered & alive.

Guy sponsoring a handful of basterds & he's towel dryin' Buick's. Rest assured, the three most secure businesses are dry cleaners, liquor stores & car wash joints.

Forgive my snapping. Unrest in the Middle East always puts me on edge.

Ga'head & use Amazon cloud thingy. I just don't like it.

JustRalph
04-01-2011, 12:49 AM
been using it for a few days now. Works great on my Evo phone

bought an album today and got upgraded to 20gigs of space.

very nice system that is going to cut into Itunes big time.

The uploader app is pretty awesome too. finds all applicable music on your desktop for whatever machine you are signed in on and uploads it to your cloud drive............ i like it very much so far

bigmack
04-01-2011, 01:14 AM
I like their style. Open for bidness and ax questions later.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/amacloud.png

JustRalph
04-01-2011, 02:43 AM
uploaded 600 or so songs in 32 minutes

pandy
04-01-2011, 08:57 AM
I uploaded my music collection too, and purchased one song into the cloud, but it doesn't seem that you can burn the music you download.

JustRalph
04-02-2011, 01:03 AM
I uploaded my music collection too, and purchased one song into the cloud, but it doesn't seem that you can burn the music you download.

I was able to download what I had purchased............

I opened the cloud player on my desktop....... selected the song.....clicked the download button in the upper right and it downloads the amazon amz file which in turn opens the amazon download app and downloads the file.

pandy
04-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Thanks, you're right, it worked, I didn't have the Amazon Cloud Player installed, just the uploader. Once I installed it, it automatically saved the song I purchased into my Windows Media Player, so I'll be able to burn it to a cd. Nice.

bigmack
04-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Being able to burn a tune you paid for. Ah, modern times. :ThmbUp: