PDA

View Full Version : Snakes on a plane? Close. NY loses a cobra

DJofSD
03-29-2011, 01:21 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/28/nyregion/28snakes.html

Visitors to the Bronx Zoo were greeted with locked doors when they tried to enter the reptile exhibit this past weekend, and with good reason: a venomous snake was on the loose.

“The World of Reptiles is closed today,” a sign explaining the closing said. “Staff observed an adolescent Egyptian cobra missing from an off-exhibit enclosure on Friday.”

Maybe it'll find it's way into the sewers.

BlueShoe
03-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Maybe it'll find it's way into the sewers.
Aw heck, very disappointed.:( When spotting this new thread for the first time, thought that it might be a story about a far left Democratic politician. Snakes, slithering into the sewers, things like that do fit. :D But then again, really do not want to slander the good name of snakes by comparing them to liberal Democrats.:rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
03-29-2011, 11:12 AM
I usually put my whistle away down here in off-topic, but I tire of seeing every non-political thread turn political...this isn't off-topic politics, it's simply off-topic...

The same rules apply as in the racing section...try your best to keep the thread on topic....this first reply clearly does not do that, and in the future, will most likely be deleted.

BlueShoe
03-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Sorry, have not had my second cup of coffee yet. Still a bit groggy and not in a good mood. Morning news not good, does not inspire cheerfulness.

boxcar
03-29-2011, 11:34 AM
Sorry, have not had my second cup of coffee yet. Still a bit groggy and not in a good mood. Morning news not good, does not inspire cheerfulness.

Sorry to hear about the bad news. Never a good way to start the day, plus I can definitely relate to the coffee thing. You just got got double whammied. :( :(

Boxcar

OTM Al
03-29-2011, 03:59 PM
They'll find him eventually. He's just curled up in a warm space somewhere in the building and will appear when he gets hungry. Somebody started a twitter feed for him about his adventures in NYC. It was actually kind of funny.

DJofSD
03-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Maybe I can swap out following Kelly Tilghman for the cobra.

redshift1
03-29-2011, 05:19 PM
BronxZoosCobra.... on twitter

DJofSD
03-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Thanks.

There's a couple of different mongoose accounts "following" the cobra. Virtual predation.

Robert Goren
03-30-2011, 12:09 AM
:confused: I thought the "Bronx Zoo" was the Yankee club house.

BlueShoe
04-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Okay, they found the cobra, curled up in a corner, she is alive and well and back in captivity. All the rats in the vicinity of the zoo, human and animal, can relax for now, the snake is not coming to get them.

DJofSD
04-01-2011, 11:14 AM
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/31/bronx-zoo-cobra-found-alive/?scp=1&sq=bronx%20zoo%20snake&st=cse

Take me home, please!