PDA

View Full Version : Another Big War?

Pell Mell
03-28-2011, 06:27 PM
If the writer is correct in his thinking, Obama made a huge mistake.

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Columnists/Article.aspx?id=214073

TJDave
03-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Obama made a huge mistake.

Only if you assume that Obama is in Israel's corner. :rolleyes:

boxcar
03-28-2011, 07:10 PM
If the writer is correct in his thinking, Obama made a huge mistake.

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Columnists/Article.aspx?id=214073

And what is exacerbating the situation in the Middle East is that the religious whackjobs in Iran believe the advent of the 12th Imam is imminent and that he will destroy all Islam's enemies upon his arrival. So, fueled by this belief, Iran will do all in their power to escalate the tensions between Arabs and Israel.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
03-28-2011, 07:13 PM
yep, just another Obama "mistake".

johnhannibalsmith
03-28-2011, 07:17 PM
...the religious whackjobs ...

Okay, this made me laugh. :lol:

boxcar
03-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Okay, this made me laugh. :lol:

So, I'm just as bad as the guys who strap bombs unto themselves or support those who do? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But hey, want something to "laugh" about? You want me to brighten up your day?

The three major world monotheistic religions all have this one thing in common with their eschatology: They are all eagerly awaiting their messiah. The Orthodox Jews are still waiting for their messiah to deliver them from their enemies and to establish his kingdom on earth and to fulfill the Land Promises Jehova made to Abraham.

Islam, or more specifically, the Shiites are waiting for their Imam to arrive on the world scene to battle Evil in a great war and rule on the Earth for several years.

Evangelical Christians are waiting for the return of Christ with all the OT and NT saints so that he can resurrect all the Dead (saints and sinners), judge the entire world which is when he separates the sheep from the goats, destroy this cursed universe and create the New Heavens and New Earth in order to establish his eternal kingdom.

Since Jesus predicted that in these last days many would come proclaiming to be the messiah (including the antichrist, of course), it should make your life interesting in sorting out all the various claims. But I did want to give you a heads up on what is coming in order to try to make your task easier.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
03-28-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm liking Rand Paul more and more. his dad? not so much.

UrrV_Txg47Q

JustRalph
03-29-2011, 12:49 AM
I think Rand and his ole man are one coconut short of a full load of husks

ArlJim78
03-29-2011, 09:28 AM
I think Rand and his ole man are one coconut short of a full load of husks
I feel that way about Ron, but not at all about Rand.
For example, in the video I posted, what do you find so wacky about he says?

boxcar
03-29-2011, 11:59 AM
I feel that way about Ron, but not at all about Rand.
For example, in the video I posted, what do you find so wacky about he says?

Jim, I listened to that video and nearly dozed off. :D He mouthed all the right words. Seriously...he did. But he lacked conviction. There was no passion in his voice. No fire in his belly.

Not only that, but once again guys like Paul continually blow golden opportunities with respect with Obama. If that had been me, I would have seized the opportunity by expanding on what Paul only briefly touched upon -- Obama's lies. There are numerous Obama older "war doctrine" quotes out there that he could have used as heaping coals to pour on Obama's head to accentuate how this man lies to the public. I would have put Obama's hypocrisy under the spotlight for sure, and I would have challenged Obama to explain the inconsistencies.

This is precisely the kind of thing I was referring to in another thread. If everyone in the Republican Party is going to rebut Obama with mere powder puffs, I guarantee you he will win another term. Republicans appear to be afraid of their own shadow, just as McCain was. Not a good omen at all.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
03-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Jim, I listened to that video and nearly dozed off. :D He mouthed all the right words. Seriously...he did. But he lacked conviction. There was no passion in his voice. No fire in his belly.

Not only that, but once again guys like Paul continually blow golden opportunities with respect with Obama. If that had been me, I would have seized the opportunity by expanding on what Paul only briefly touched upon -- Obama's lies. There are numerous Obama older "war doctrine" quotes out there that he could have used as heaping coals to pour on Obama's head to accentuate how this man lies to the public. I would have put Obama's hypocrisy under the spotlight for sure, and I would have challenged Obama to explain the inconsistencies.

This is precisely the kind of thing I was referring to in another thread. If everyone in the Republican Party is going to rebut Obama with mere powder puffs, I guarantee you he will win another term. Republicans appear to be afraid of their own shadow, just as McCain was. Not a good omen at all.

Boxcar
wow, I give him credit for saying what no other Republican would say. For me the content was perfect, and the style was fine. He sets himself apart in that he is knowledgeable, not a shouting lunatic, and set on his principles.
With so many other Republicans like McCain cheering on the president, I'm impressed to see a junior senator deliver the exact correct response in direct opposition to the president. It was delivered more as an address to the nation and not like a campaign speech or ad. I thought he was very statesmanlike and I don't see a man afraid of Obama or of taking on tough issues.

finally, I will say again, Obama WILL not win another term. I know its fashionable even for Republicans to say that he will, but I don't believe it. Obama fatigue increases daily and there is no way people in 2012 are going to think that "hey, what we really need is four more years of this". they're going to want a way out from this mess, ANY way out.

boxcar
03-29-2011, 12:58 PM
wow, I give him credit for saying what no other Republican would say. For me the content was perfect, and the style was fine. He sets himself apart in that he is knowledgeable, not a shouting lunatic, and set on his principles.

I don't know how you inferred from my post that I thought he should have come off as a "shouting lunatic". Yes, the content, as far it went was okay, but his style was dry, bland and lifeless.

And he should have responded to Obama in "campaign mode" because that was the mode of BO's speech. I'm not saying that Paul should have responded as though he was running for president, but he could have responded in a way to help set the tone for those who are entertaining a run. He could have helped to blaze a trail a little bit for the colleagues on his side of the aisle. This is what I mean by seizing the moment -- not letting great opportunities slip on by.

Heck, Jim, Paul didn't even point out the inconsistencies between BO's Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense! He owned the national soap box for several minutes and failed to redeem that time to the best political advantage of Republicans. And here's the kicker: Unlike Dems, Paul could have gone on the "attack" from a position of strength -- WITH THE TRUTH! He could have "attacked" with the facts, not with character assassinations or personal attacks, as Dems so often do. In one speech, he could have turned the spotlights on Obama's hypocrisy and his incompetence as Commander-in-Chief. His speech failed in this respect and I think it also failed to inspire confidence in Republicans and it failed to ignite any fires in his base or among independents.

Boxcar

Greyfox
03-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Jim, I listened to that video and nearly dozed off. :D
Boxcar

:ThmbUp: I agree. He looked as if he was reading a speech from a dictionary they way one would during a filibuster.
Unfortunately, my crystal ball doesn't see Obama on the way out next term yet. I hope ArlJim's prediction turns out to be true, but my crystal ball doesn't see it yet.

boxcar
03-29-2011, 02:38 PM
:ThmbUp: I agree. He looked as if he was reading a speech from a dictionary they way one would during a filibuster.
Unfortunately, my crystal ball doesn't see Obama on the way out next term yet. I hope ArlJim's prediction turns out to be true, but my crystal ball doesn't see it yet.

Exactly! Great analogy!

He could have redeemed that time a lot better with a speech designed to put Obama on the DEFENSIVE! To keep him off balance. To put him on his heels! But the Repugs have no fight in them. As of right now, I see only one Repug, seriously considering a run, who has the fire with which to articulately torch Obama -- Michelle Bachmann. And the clock is ticking...

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
03-29-2011, 04:23 PM
So, I'm just as bad as the guys who strap bombs unto themselves or support those who do? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's an odd read into my post - I was going more for the guy that is repeatedly and almost solely insulted by such phrases using the same unto others.

But hey, any chance to let you expand on your beliefs for my benefit is okey-dokey.

boxcar
03-29-2011, 05:10 PM
That's an odd read into my post - I was going more for the guy that is repeatedly and almost solely insulted by such phrases using the same unto others.

But hey, any chance to let you expand on your beliefs for my benefit is okey-dokey.

Well...you obviously wanted to laugh, so I gave you some "laugh" material. But for you to broad brush Evangelical Christians as "religious whackjobs" is equally quite a stretch. Now, if you want to paint me as a "fool for the sake of Christ" -- that would be a lot closer to biblical truth.

I define "religious whackjobs" as those with an obvious martyr's complex, such as Islamic terrorists. Or, again, as those with absurd religious beliefs which they manifest through their actions, such as those of that Baptist Church whose singular mission in life is to disrupt the funerals of our brave fallen warriors and cause more grief to their survivors through their protests, etc. Hardly a way to demonstrate one's love toward his neighbors.

But hey...if I'm a "religious whackjob" in your eyes, and that belief floats your boat, then by all means sail with it. But make sure you wear a life jacket. ;)

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
03-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Well...you obviously wanted to laugh, so I gave you some "laugh" material. But for you to broad brush Evangelical Christians as "religious whackjobs" is equally quite a stretch. Now, if you want to paint me as a "fool for the sake of Christ" -- that would be a lot closer to biblical truth.

I define "religious whackjobs" as those with an obvious martyr's complex, such as Islamic terrorists. Or, again, as those with absurd religious beliefs which they manifest through their actions, such as those of that Baptist Church whose singular mission in life is to disrupt the funerals of our brave fallen warriors and cause more grief to their survivors through their protests, etc. Hardly a way to demonstrate one's love toward his neighbors.

But hey...if I'm a "religious whackjob" in your eyes, and that belief floats your boat, then by all means sail with it. But make sure you wear a life jacket. ;)

Boxcar

Oh boy ... I even spelled it out for you and you're hanging onto this persecution complex just to post more for me to read... :D

boxcar
03-29-2011, 05:45 PM
Oh boy ... I even spelled it out for you and you're hanging onto this persecution complex just to post more for me to read... :D

Methinks your boat has run aground. Time to bail. :D

Boxcar

Robert Fischer
03-29-2011, 07:32 PM
you always have to consider the author and news source and what perspectives they may be writing from

Tom
03-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Going into a big war with our current democratic leadership......it boggles the mind.

JustRalph
03-30-2011, 02:41 AM
I just think Rand is a better actor than his dad. I think he is very much like his dad. I also agree that you cannot see any passion in what he says. He is somewhat handicapped by his speaking style. I think he is trying too hard, not to be like his dad. Or maybe a more refined version of his dad.

I just don't think the apple is more than a photo finish away from the tree

PaceAdvantage
03-30-2011, 11:12 AM
finally, I will say again, Obama WILL not win another term. I know its fashionable even for Republicans to say that he will, but I don't believe it. Obama fatigue increases daily and there is no way people in 2012 are going to think that "hey, what we really need is four more years of this". they're going to want a way out from this mess, ANY way out.You seem to be discounting the very real phenomenon of Stockholm Syndrome... :lol: