PDA

View Full Version : firefox 4

prospector
03-27-2011, 05:40 PM
just downloaded this, now can't print anything..
anybody else have this problem?
can anyone help? seems support doesn't work sundays..
click a button for help and you're off to click many more buttons..they're worse than microsoft..

DJofSD
03-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Installed V4 two days ago. I have killed about 1/2 tree since then printing things. No problems using either a direct attached USB printer or my networked printer.

The only (minor) complaint I have regarding FFv4 is not all of the add-ons worked. Some had to be uninstalled and reinstalled. While others do not have versions (yet?) that work under V4, most noteably, Colored Tabs.

Make sure it is a FF problem. Try printing a test page to the printer. If that works it most likely is a FF problem. Another thing to try is to select a different rendering engine for the page you viewing and see if the printer works OK. And, try to open to web page using an IE tab. There are still pages that will not print correctly using a native FF rendering but they work just fine when they're presented using an IE scheme.

Native Texan III
03-27-2011, 06:40 PM
There is a high probability one or more of the FF4 incompatible add-ons is causing this.

FF is quite fast until you keep adding just one more add-on.
Good time to delete them all.

I could not open multi-tab pages due to this.

prospector
03-27-2011, 10:14 PM
i'm really fed up getting bounced from link to link...anybody got a phone number for them...
i was printing up to 10 mins before i downloaded ver 4..then nothing but a crash each time..
tried to print on ie, but ebay doesn't accept my password or id when i log on on ie...weird, huh..

wilderness
03-27-2011, 10:20 PM
...anybody got a phone number for them...

Good luck on that! Software for free and your wishing for a support land line ;)

Why not just uninstall Ver 4, and reinstall the earlier functioning version?

Or do a "restore" to two days ago.

bigmack
03-27-2011, 10:50 PM
i'm really fed up getting bounced from link to link.
Are you going up to the orange Firefox in the top left corner and going to print?

BillW
03-28-2011, 12:12 AM
i'm really fed up getting bounced from link to link...anybody got a phone number for them...
i was printing up to 10 mins before i downloaded ver 4..then nothing but a crash each time..
tried to print on ie, but ebay doesn't accept my password or id when i log on on ie...weird, huh..

FF is not done by a company. They are a group of volunteers (type "about:credits" in the URL box) - you need to contact them by e-mail.

trying2win
03-28-2011, 03:21 AM
On my previous older computer, I had to delete the latest FF version in the '3' series because it used up too much of the computer's resources. I then went to www.oldversion.com and downloaded an older FF version in the '2' series...problem was solved!

Nowadays with my newer computer, I prefer to use the OPERA browser. But, to each their own.

T2W
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

~"I never said most of the things I said."

--Yogi Berra

prospector
03-28-2011, 10:00 AM
thank you..one and all
i deleted 4 and went back to 3.5
so nice to print again..
you guys are the best..

Tom
04-05-2011, 09:39 PM
I caught this on the podcast today....might help you out.
This is very good site for computer help.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problems_printing_web_pages#Reset_printer

As a first step, reset the selected printer in your Firefox preferences:

Type about:config (http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config) in the Location Bar and press Enter. A list of preferences will appear.
Find the preference print.print_printer (Note: this preference is missing in Firefox profiles where you've never used the printer.)
Right-click (context-click) that preference and select Reset. (Some users may need to reset all the print.printer preferences for a particular printer, if resetting this one master preference doesn't solve the problem.)
Restart Firefox and see if the problem is resolved.
Note: If you get the warning dialog, "Printing failed when starting the document" and if the print.print_printer preference has no printer shown, either you don't have a printer selected, or Firefox doesn't know it is installed on your system.