PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Downs

toussaud
03-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Now, tampa bay 2nd race is supposed to go off at 12:02pm CST. I have an excel sheet that I use to help me organize which races I am going to play and I like to view the post parade before I make a final wager just to confirm things.

At 11:51am, it's 0 MTP, about to load in the gate

Being behind schedule is one thing, but this is just not going to work right here.

InTheRiver68
03-27-2011, 01:27 PM
I've said it before in other threads...never rely on Tampa Bay's published post times. They're the only track I know of where the post times are adjusted on a continual basis depending on where other tracks are running their races. It's smart...you would much rather have your race running when no one else is, than to have your race be running right on top of Gulfstream or Aqueduct.

That said, they've been having their second race at 11:50am CST for weeks now. Also note that they delay so long in getting the horses into the gate that it's usually 2 or 3 minutes after the posted post time before they're off.

-InTheRiver68

toussaud
03-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up

Zippy Chippy
03-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Tampa Bay puts me on tilt. I can't even watch that track anymore. Every race i feel like the 50-1 shots have the same chance as the even money shots. Total crapshoot

toussaud
03-27-2011, 01:56 PM
I don't mind the track, actually have a few pretty nice hits there, but I am so anal retentive about my schedule that I can't do a flex schedule like that

therussmeister
03-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Import tote information from an online tote board into excel to get
up-to-the-minute post times.

duncan04
03-27-2011, 09:16 PM
I've said it before in other threads...never rely on Tampa Bay's published post times. They're the only track I know of where the post times are adjusted on a continual basis depending on where other tracks are running their races. It's smart...you would much rather have your race running when no one else is, than to have your race be running right on top of Gulfstream or Aqueduct.

That said, they've been having their second race at 11:50am CST for weeks now. Also note that they delay so long in getting the horses into the gate that it's usually 2 or 3 minutes after the posted post time before they're off.

-InTheRiver68

I think Hawthorne does that too. Wish more tracks did that to prevent overlapping races

On Spec
03-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Import tote information from an online tote board into excel to get
up-to-the-minute post times.

How do you do this?

toussaud
03-28-2011, 02:37 PM
How do you do this?
I could do something similar, not with excel but I could do it, but even that doesn't help me out as my entire schedule is made a day in advance. fluctuating post times does me no good.

therussmeister
03-28-2011, 11:11 PM
How do you do this?

try this. http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61958&highlight=import+excel

On Spec
03-29-2011, 11:32 PM
try this. http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61958&highlight=import+excel

Thank you, meister, I'll check this out.

Robert Goren
03-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Welcome the world of minor league racing. Despite some nice handle, Tampa is still not anything approaching major league racing. Major league racing being what it is today, that is not necessarily a bad thing. But you do have to put somethings and "flexible post times is one of them". That being said most of my action is going TB these days. I like the way they manage to get so many of what I think are bettable races.

toussaud
03-30-2011, 12:48 AM
Welcome the world of minor league racing. Despite some nice handle, Tampa is still not anything approaching major league racing. Major league racing being what it is today, that is not necessarily a bad thing. But you do have to put somethings and "flexible post times is one of them". That being said most of my action is going TB these days. I like the way they manage to get so many of what I think are bettable races.
By chance is there anything in racing you do like?