PDA

View Full Version : parx

lamboguy
03-27-2011, 11:57 AM
real bogus raicng lately. i am told lots of bad drug tests, purse money being held up and trainers not entering. juan carlos gurero has zero positives to this date. for all the money that place is giving away the joint is a cespool of misfits running around in that joint. they better get with the program

and i hope like hell they don't get their scummy hands on monmouth like it looks like now.

toussaud
03-27-2011, 12:08 PM
and they NEVER are on time. EVER. even when you try to play them, by the 7th or 8th race they are 20 or so mins behind everyday

jelly
03-27-2011, 12:32 PM
real bogus raicng lately. i am told lots of bad drug tests, purse money being held up and trainers not entering. juan carlos gurero has zero positives to this date. for all the money that place is giving away the joint is a cespool of misfits running around in that joint. they better get with the program

and i hope like hell they don't get their scummy hands on monmouth like it looks like now.

Small pools,Is it mostly Owners and trainers who bet Parx?

Robert Goren
03-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Wecome to the wonderful world of racinos.

InTheRiver68
03-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Even beyond the shenanigans you speak of, I can't say as I've ever seen worse cards, day after day of 4, 5, and 6 horse fields. They're giving away a ton of money, but where did all their horses go?

-InTheRiver68

lamboguy
03-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Even beyond the shenanigans you speak of, I can't say as I've ever seen worse cards, day after day of 4, 5, and 6 horse fields. They're giving away a ton of money, but where did all their horses go?

-InTheRiver68they came up with 56 positives on different horses and held up their purses. to me they are making a smokescreen out of those people not to deal with bigger problems in that place. that place needs to be closed up along with their machines.

Zman179
03-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Don't forget, ladies and gentlemen, increased purses brings increased quality

Brogan
03-27-2011, 02:10 PM
they came up with 56 positives on different horses and held up their purses. to me they are making a smokescreen out of those people not to deal with bigger problems in that place. that place needs to be closed up along with their machines.
Is there an online source listing these positives? Other than the RMTC website, I can't find any listing of PA rulings.

Southieboy
03-27-2011, 02:18 PM

Sometimes.
(at certain places)

Delawaretrainer
03-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Guerrero had a couple of entries at Laurel this weekend. Didn't do so great. Guess he is branching out. Actually, I noticed a couple of Philly horses down there. Wierd since the fields are lightening up at Philly.

lamboguy
03-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Is there an online source listing these positives? Other than the RMTC website, I can't find any listing of PA rulings.that place sweeps everything under the rug. the stewards told me themselves that they have all these positives,i spoke ot an investigator that told me the samething. they don't care about anything there except for their paychecks.

Wingtips
03-27-2011, 03:08 PM
The winter cancellations are long gone, and racing 5 days a week has finally caught up to them. Slots money galore for short fields. Overnights used to come out early pm, now they're not carding the races until late afternoon.

By the way, what are the positives for? Which trainers are getting the most positives? Inquiring minds want to know. Parx hasn't been publishing this crap publicly. These positives are usually posted outside the steward's office for all to see.

Guerrero sent two horses to Laurel yesterday- One was overmatched in a stake and the other is a cheap filly off the layoff that bled.

Robert Goren
03-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Zman179

Sometimes.
(at certain places)Almost never and then not for very long. The only exception seems to Oaklawn

pandy
03-27-2011, 04:02 PM
In 2007 through 2009 I made a lot of bets at Parx and did well, I loved it, especially during the winter. But I agree that this winter the cards have been disappointing. However, the same can be said for many circuits. The Santa Anita meet was a big letdown, but Oaklawn and Fair Grounds also had weaker cards this winter. It's obviously an industry wide problem, not enough horses being bred, not enough owners, etc.

I'm actually thinking of trying Charlestown or some other tracks.

Delawaretrainer
03-27-2011, 08:41 PM
How come the last race results are not on Equibase for Philly today? Did they finish the card?

Southieboy
03-27-2011, 08:51 PM
How come the last race results are not on Equibase for Philly today? Did they finish the card?
They only had 8 races.

Delawaretrainer
03-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Ya but only 7 races of results showing up.....

macguy
03-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Wow, didn't realize Prx was so short of horses. They had two 4 horse fields and a couple of 5 horse fields...

Had to double check I wasn't looking at California charts. :eek:

Wingtips
03-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Yep 4 and 5 horse fields.

That's why I was taking guff a couple weeks ago discussing how my trainer had to enter uncoupled entries in order to make a race go for the fit horse (and scratch the other on race day). Happening across the board.

lamboguy
03-27-2011, 09:31 PM
i am not in that place, but it does smell to high hell. with all those positives and nothing public so far.

Relwob Owner
03-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Wow, didn't realize Prx was so short of horses. They had two 4 horse fields and a couple of 5 horse fields...

Had to double check I wasn't looking at California charts. :eek:

I am starting to wonder if instead of it being a horse shortage, mabe it is an owner shortage? Maybe owners are starting to get tired of running against 40 percent trainers.........

lamboguy
03-27-2011, 10:10 PM
i never baked down from that guy, i ran 2nd 7 times in a row to him and came back and 2nd to someone else.

this place gives away a ton of money and can't get a 2 yo race to go until the end of july. and they get that to go by getting horses from new york and maryland to come there for the money. they don't care about baby races.the disgraceful cards they are writing these days don't effect them in the least way . if they have to run 2 horse fields they will. half the trainers they got there can't win a race to save their life. yet they get stalls there every year. they booted out doug oneil because he didn't play their game.

Delawaretrainer
03-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Seems like tons of starter allowance races...

Delawaretrainer
03-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Plus you get horses that run crazy speed figures for these supertrainers in cheap claimers there so there are at least three superhorses and the rest are where they belong. There was a NW4 7500 horse that ran a 100 e speed figure this year entered today. So you are ruling out the majority of horses unless you want to lose money because the best you will do is fourth.Of course those horses are safe, who would claim them, you probably have to turn them out for a year after they crash off of steroids from some singapore website. Plus, unless you run your horse over it's head, one of those guys will claim it and turn it into a stakes horse.

I heard the new drug testing system is picking up depo from joint injections done a month prior which is legal. Not sure if this is true or just a defense. I think in this day and age we can tell. Also, the blood gas testing supposedly is effected by such common supplements as accel vitamins and electrolytes. I guess this could scare horseman away but they have given out a list of supplements to avoid. It didn't scare me though, bring it on, I'll run on bute and lasix, no problem.

At the end of the day, they have to do something about these 40% guys, not bog down the system with positives for electrolytes. Fair racing on a good surface with great purses would bring overfilled fields daily!

lamboguy
03-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Seems like tons of starter allowance races...those races are a joke to begin with. the guys with the drugs win all those to begin with. they claim a horse from you knowing you don't use anything, you don't claim from them because you are afraid they are using something and you play on the level. don't you understand the whole deal is a bunch of bull chit there?

and let me tell you something further, the stewards in that rattrap are protecting these theives and punishing the people that play fair.

let me give you the hard cold facts, if you don't use a vet like dr. reed there and pay that scoudral $380 for race prep every time you run, you aren't winning in that place with $5000 claimers and their overpaid purses.

if you don't pay dr. reed on time, see how fast you get called in by the stewards and have your entry's denied at the racing office.

lamboguy
03-27-2011, 11:34 PM
i already told you that the 56 poistives and holding up the purses are nothing but a smokescreen for what is going on in that place. those drug positives are so silly they haven't been published yet. the people that are having their purses held up are not the culprits. the culprits in the place are running and winning those terrible races these days.what good does it do for pennsylvania to run these stupid races there. close down the whole place with the slots.

on another note, i heard the racing secretary at penn national is going for an early retirement in about a week. i wonder why?

Delawaretrainer
03-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Well, it is not an even playing field. I'm not just talking about these guys that cheat winning the win purse. An indirect result of the way they operate is that people do not claim off of them. I saw one claimed off of Guerrero crash first time out off a claim running for a great trainer and the thing ran last by a lot. So, they can put horses where they belong and below and not worry about that. That is not fair and punishes those that play by the rules.

It also effects betting patterns. The horse Guerrero ran the other day first off a claim went off as the second choice by a tiny bit when based on the PP's it should have been the 5th pick. This I'm sure was based solely on the connections crazy success off the claim. I'm sure he improved the horse by 15 points in one month with one half a mile work.

lamboguy
03-27-2011, 11:52 PM
i saw a claim off him run at mountaineer after a 6 month layoff and a tripple drop run dead last. i saw 3 others similar. i also saw one run second, of course the winner was trained by juan carlos gurero.

i am not blaming juan carlos, i am blaming the place that allows rats and hobo's on their grounds. at some point these trainers with high percentages out of nowhere always get caught for one reason or the other. in philly they sweep the crap under the rug.

why would any legitamate racing office allow a guy to take his horse out of the place and run in a race that parx has the exact same condition for, and let the guy bring the horse back to the track. it this happened in deleware or kentucky, the horse would be turned away from the security gate.why is the management of parx racing paying for the upkeep of their faciltiy so that the inmates can bring the entertainment to other venues?

Rise Over Run
03-28-2011, 07:23 AM
They actually ran a 4.5 furlong race on Sunday. :lol: :lol:

Delawaretrainer
03-28-2011, 08:38 AM
Btw, I am beating up Philly Park because I would love to have that be my go to track for the winter. It is close by, the purses are good, the receiving barn is new and clean and you don't have to pay the $60+ in tolls like you do to get to MD. I also like a lot of the people. The people in the bookkeepers office are wonderful.

OK, the barns they haven't fixed yet look gross from the outside and it is not horse friendly (nowhere to graze, etc.) but I don't have to stable there.
If there was no hope, I would write it off and stay away. But, if they just address a handfull of individuals who cheat, it would change everything.

Wingtips
03-28-2011, 08:43 AM
i saw a claim off him run at mountaineer after a 6 month layoff and a tripple drop run dead last. i saw 3 others similar. i also saw one run second, of course the winner was trained by juan carlos gurero.

i am not blaming juan carlos, i am blaming the place that allows rats and hobo's on their grounds. at some point these trainers with high percentages out of nowhere always get caught for one reason or the other. in philly they sweep the crap under the rug.

why would any legitamate racing office allow a guy to take his horse out of the place and run in a race that parx has the exact same condition for, and let the guy bring the horse back to the track. it this happened in deleware or kentucky, the horse would be turned away from the security gate.why is the management of parx racing paying for the upkeep of their faciltiy so that the inmates can bring the entertainment to other venues?

Will Santorini Moon gallop on Wednesday in another horsesh*t starter?

lamboguy
03-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Btw, I am beating up Philly Park because I would love to have that be my go to track for the winter. It is close by, the purses are good, the receiving barn is new and clean and you don't have to pay the $60+ in tolls like you do to get to MD. I also like a lot of the people. The people in the bookkeepers office are wonderful.

OK, the barns they haven't fixed yet look gross from the outside and it is not horse friendly (nowhere to graze, etc.) but I don't have to stable there.
If there was no hope, I would write it off and stay away. But, if they just address a handfull of individuals who cheat, it would change everything.adress those individuals? they cater to them

lamboguy
03-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Will Santorini Moon gallop on Wednesday in another horsesh*t starter?santorini moon is a monster to start out with. she will win stake races later this summer. the trick with her is that she was to big to start at 2 and alot of things happened to her. if her bow holds up she will be very tough down the road.

Robert Goren
03-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Why does anyone think that a business will address any problems related to a part of their operation that losing money hand over fist? Especially when spending money on the improvements will not improve the bottom line. Horsemen seem to be living in a dream world right now. Racinos don't give a crap about horse racing. They only run the races so they can keep the slots.

lamboguy
03-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Why does anyone think that a business will address any problems related to a part of their operation that losing money hand over fist? Especially when spending money on the improvements will not improve the bottom line. Horsemen seem to be living in a dream world right now. Racinos don't give a crap about horse racing. They only run the races so they can keep the slots.what you say happens to be true today, however if run the right way it will eventually be more profitable than slot machines. if nyra would take my recomendations they would have a handle of $100 million every saturday that they run. conceivably the track could make as much as $4 million on that handle for the day. that is much more than what they could make on slot machines covering ever inch of that place from wall to wall. not only that the operating cost would be very close to the slot machines. and they could actually make more with concesssions and advertising. if racing remains status quo, then slot machines willl win

cj's dad
03-28-2011, 11:03 AM
and they NEVER are on time. EVER. even when you try to play them, by the 7th or 8th race they are 20 or so mins behind everyday

Your quote also applies to Tampa and C'town.

Delawaretrainer
04-03-2011, 09:36 AM
Wow, anyone see the results at Philly yesterday. Supertrainer wins first two, then Gill's former trainer wins one as owner/trainer (is Gill back?), two breakdowns and one walked off. That place is a war zone.

lamboguy
04-03-2011, 09:52 AM
i guess i am going to listen to you and go back to new york. same horses, less money, more equal playing field. i am kind of sick running the best horse in the race and running second to the same trainer every single time out. he wouldn't let me win 1 race. i don't like being 10 lengths infront of the third horse every single time and not winning.

Delawaretrainer
05-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Hmmm, no more starter allowance races in the new Philly condition book. I heard people were getting pissed off. Now not only are the "supertrainers" like Guerrero altering betting patterns and claiming prices, they are effecting the condition book.

Mineshaft
05-22-2011, 02:23 PM
why no starters i dont see the reason behind it?

cj
05-22-2011, 02:28 PM
why no starters i dont see the reason behind it?

The same guy wins 90% of them?

I can't think of any other condition that encourages form darkening (i.e. not trying) than the old starter allowance condition. They do nothing to help the game.

davefulche
05-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Is this why Guerrero is entering at Del Park? I think I saw him win the other day there, but overall I'd bet against him there.

Wingtips
05-22-2011, 03:17 PM
The same guy wins 90% of them?

I can't think of any other condition that encourages form darkening (i.e. not trying) than the old starter allowance condition. They do nothing to help the game.

The elected trainers and owners on the Parx horseman's board (Aristone, Demasi, Lisa Allen of LA Thoroughbreds who employs Aristone, etc- Juan Carlos is not on the board), most of whom have bigger outfits, lobbied the racing sec to eliminate the starters because they said the starters hindered their ability to claim and churn decent horses.

They argued that if someone had a decent claimer not quite good enought for allowance conditions, they'd hide it in the $12500 and $25000 N2L, N3L, and N4L starters instead of risking it for a $25000, $15000, or $7500 tag. If the horse wasn't in the starters, the connections were either being aggressive or they wanted their horse claimed. Thus, a bad pool of horses for sale every day.

Draw your own conclusions. No one at Parx should cry- they elected this bunch, and as we all know, most horseman can't police themselves or their sport. They got what they elected.

Delawaretrainer
05-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the info wingtips... wasn't sure of the reasoning behind it. Just assumed it was because a couple of guys will claim one, keep it in the barn for a month (ya know, giving them all those nice fluffy shavings and oats) and then hide it in the starters for two or three starts. They blow everyone away and then they drop them back down where they got them and no one will touch them because they know they are going to crash after that.

Wingtips
05-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the info wingtips... wasn't sure of the reasoning behind it. Just assumed it was because a couple of guys will claim one, keep it in the barn for a month (ya know, giving them all those nice fluffy shavings and oats) and then hide it in the starters for two or three starts. They blow everyone away and then they drop them back down where they got them and no one will touch them because they know they are going to crash after that.

This has also frequently occurred. You are spot on. The $12,500 starter conditions have been a juicer's best friend. Claim a maiden for $12,500 and then break the maiden for $12,500 after jail, then win the N2L, N3L, N4L starters, then throw the horse back on the market with no conditions for the $5,000 tag after making close to six figures on a PA bred.

Mineshaft
05-22-2011, 05:24 PM
This has also frequently occurred. You are spot on. The $12,500 starter conditions have been a juicer's best friend. Claim a maiden for $12,500 and then break the maiden for $12,500 after jail, then win the N2L, N3L, N4L starters, then throw the horse back on the market with no conditions for the $5,000 tag after making close to six figures on a PA bred.

And theres nothing wrong with that they are playing within the rules.

Delawaretrainer
05-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Oh, and if anyone still thinks that that guy wins that many races because he is a good horseman and cares for his horses, look at Santorini Moon. Ya, he made a lot of money with her but he ran her back last time out with 5 days between races and she has a bowed tendon. No one with any concern for a horse would do that. Horses do microscopic damage every time they run and as a trainer, you have to make sure your horse stays ahead of that. Tendons are funny, sometimes when they are damaged it takes a few days for damage or re-injury to show up especially running on bute.

Horse hasn't shown back up yet. Maybe he got away with it and she is ok. But no one with any concern for the horse's longevity would do that. Most have experimented with running horses back right away but if you do that with a horse with a problem like that, you are using them up and spitting them out.

pandy
05-22-2011, 05:30 PM
From a betting standpoint I'm not sure if I care but I always thought that the starter allowance was beneficial for owners and trainers who can win a lot of money with a game horse.

Wingtips
05-22-2011, 05:31 PM

Correct. And it still blows my mind when someone claims the horse for the nickel and watches the horse crash and morph into a shell of its former self.

Delawaretrainer
05-22-2011, 05:52 PM

They may be playing within the rules making the entry. But, if they are doing "other" things to improve the horse and then bumping it up to starter allowance, it's another story.

lamboguy
05-22-2011, 06:18 PM
the only thing i want to say is that i have a buddy of mine that i think is as good a trainer as there is alive in this world today.. lou ruberto. he don't use one designer drug, he is strickly a trainer. vets do not get involved in his business. he has over a 40% batting average at mountaineer in the last 5 years,.

if you doubt me ask mark paterson about him

PaceAdvantage
05-22-2011, 06:26 PM
What exactly does "vets do not get involved in his business" mean? Is Lou a vet? If you own or train horses, you're going to need a vet...

lamboguy
05-22-2011, 07:12 PM
What exactly does "vets do not get involved in his business" mean? Is Lou a vet? If you own or train horses, you're going to need a vet...he trains off his farm. he trains horses up and down hills and he swims them. he doesn't train with bute, kentucky red, adaquan, clembeuterol. he does use lassix because most of his horses are aged horses that have already been on it before he got his hands on them. his young horses all start without lassix. he has won plenty of msw races in presque isles first time out in good fields. when his horses do get the lassix it happens at the track. i just wanted to point out that there are trainers that can win without the help of a vet

Mineshaft
05-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Oh, and if anyone still thinks that that guy wins that many races because he is a good horseman and cares for his horses, look at Santorini Moon. Ya, he made a lot of money with her but he ran her back last time out with 5 days between races and she has a bowed tendon. No one with any concern for a horse would do that. Horses do microscopic damage every time they run and as a trainer, you have to make sure your horse stays ahead of that. Tendons are funny, sometimes when they are damaged it takes a few days for damage or re-injury to show up especially running on bute.

Horse hasn't shown back up yet. Maybe he got away with it and she is ok. But no one with any concern for the horse's longevity would do that. Most have experimented with running horses back right away but if you do that with a horse with a problem like that, you are using them up and spitting them out.

Tendons are funny. Ive seen horses run with no problesm with bowed tendons and ive seen some not even make it out of the starting gate 100 yds before being pulled up. I think it all depends on the horse and how bad the tendon is. I claimed the same horse 4 times and she had a tendon bit it didnt bother her.

Producer
05-22-2011, 11:24 PM
Seems like lots of jealousy going on in this thread to me.

If it's as simple as buying some stuff off a website from singapore, claiming a horse, shooting him up, and making loads of money, why don't you guys do it also? If the rules aren't being enforced as you guys claim, then why not? If you don't like whats going on, then run your horses elsewhere. Simple as that. Why is there a need for constant complaining about it?

Do you think that if they didn't test each and every car after every Nascar race, that every team wouldn't be cheating in one way or another? They would. Same in the NFL. Bill Belichick and most every other coach would tape every other teams practice or do whatever they needed to win if the league didn't enforce the rules. Same in college football with kids supposed to only be practicing a max of 20 hours a week. The top teams all exceed that by far until the NCAA recently started enforcing those rules religiously. The examples can go on and on.

If rules are not going to be enforced, then why not use them in your favor?

lamboguy
05-23-2011, 06:44 AM

If it's as simple as buying some stuff off a website from singapore, claiming a horse, shooting him up, and making loads of money, why don't you guys do it also? If the rules aren't being enforced as you guys claim, then why not? If you don't like whats going on, then run your horses elsewhere. Simple as that. Why is there a need for constant complaining about it?

Do you think that if they didn't test each and every car after every Nascar race, that every team wouldn't be cheating in one way or another? They would. Same in the NFL. Bill Belichick and most every other coach would tape every other teams practice or do whatever they needed to win if the league didn't enforce the rules. Same in college football with kids supposed to only be practicing a max of 20 hours a week. The top teams all exceed that by far until the NCAA recently started enforcing those rules religiously. The examples can go on and on.

If rules are not going to be enforced, then why not use them in your favor? if you look at racing in south america, you see horses that are 6 years old that have 140 starts in their career. in this country they are lucky to have 14 starts. the horses in south america are not as fast as the ones here. my guess is that there are 2 reasons for this. the track surface and the non use of drugs to train their horses. turn back the clocks 40 years in this country, our horses were not that fast either, our horses had plenty of starts too. we had 25,000 screaming their heads off in the grandstands of new york tracks, califronia tracks, massachusetts tracks, and where ever tracks in this country. the horserooms in vegas were all jam packed out to the street without television. you have to ask, what do people really want, fast phony horses, or real horses that are slow?

stuball
05-23-2011, 07:37 AM
he trains off his farm. he trains horses up and down hills and he swims them. he doesn't train with bute, kentucky red, adaquan, clembeuterol. he does use lassix because most of his horses are aged horses that have already been on it before he got his hands on them. his young horses all start without lassix. he has won plenty of msw races in presque isles first time out in good fields. when his horses do get the lassix it happens at the track. i just wanted to point out that there are trainers that can win without the help of a vet
:confused: Is this the same guy you are talking about...?

SQL: SELECT * FROM STARTERHISTORY
WHERE INSTR('RUBERTO LOUIS V.', TRAINER) > 0

Data Summary Win Place Show
Mutuel Totals 21.40 34.40 44.20
Bet -96.00 -96.00 -96.00
Gain -74.60 -61.60 -51.80

Wins 3 9 13
Plays 48 48 48
PCT .0625 .1875 .2708

ROI 0.2229 0.3583 0.4604
Avg Mut 7.13 3.82 3.40

data from 1-1-2010 to present...just wondering....? I was doing a query
to possibly add him to my trainers to watch list..maybe I looked up the wrong
trainer

Stuball

lamboguy
05-23-2011, 08:24 AM
there are 2 louis ruberto's

one is senior and the other is junior

Elliott Sidewater
05-23-2011, 12:09 PM
I race horses at Parx and for awhile now have been lamenting the overcarding of starter allowance races. I didn't think of the connection between that and unpublished drug positives, but it does make sense if those positives really exist (I can't confirm or deny this). They don't appear in the ARCI rulings, that's for sure. From the standpoint of an owner, I see 2 things:

1. All the better horses at each class level seemed to find unlimited starter spots to run in.

2. When a horse who has been running good figures in starters is finally exposed in a claiming race, particularly with any drop in class at all, you can pretty much assume it is damaged goods.

As a result of 1 and 2, I had all but given up on finding something to claim.

But guess what guys, the squeaky wheel got some grease! The next condition book has NO starter allowances at all, only a couple of starter handicaps (these are better) on the grass, both part of starter series for males and females. Maybe someone got the word about cleaning up the mess before the state steps in and does the cleaning for them, but this one change is a big step in the right direction.

Those of you who contributed to this thread have my thanks and my admiration.

onefast99
05-23-2011, 12:37 PM
I race horses at Parx and for awhile now have been lamenting the overcarding of starter allowance races. I didn't think of the connection between that and unpublished drug positives, but it does make sense if those positives really exist (I can't confirm or deny this). They don't appear in the ARCI rulings, that's for sure. From the standpoint of an owner, I see 2 things:

1. All the better horses at each class level seemed to find unlimited starter spots to run in.

2. When a horse who has been running good figures in starters is finally exposed in a claiming race, particularly with any drop in class at all, you can pretty much assume it is damaged goods.

As a result of 1 and 2, I had all but given up on finding something to claim.

But guess what guys, the squeaky wheel got some grease! The next condition book has NO starter allowances at all, only a couple of starter handicaps (these are better) on the grass, both part of starter series for males and females. Maybe someone got the word about cleaning up the mess before the state steps in and does the cleaning for them, but this one change is a big step in the right direction.

Those of you who contributed to this thread have my thanks and my admiration.
The overnights will have the starters on them just like they did in the previous book.

stuball
05-23-2011, 02:05 PM
there are 2 louis ruberto's

one is senior and the other is junior

I have gone back to 1-1-09 in my data and I find no trainer names with
JR. or SR. designations....is it possible he is running under another trainers
name...and nothing at MNR. I have every track running so he should show up
this is a mystery......can you give me more help on this..

Stuball

Manila
05-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Notice the first message on overnight!

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorsemenAreaDownloadAction.cfm?sn=ONDC-PRX-20110528D

Delawaretrainer
05-23-2011, 05:47 PM

If rules are not going to be enforced, then why not use them in your favor?

Wow, this is the saddest comment I have ever seen. So, you are condoning racefixing? Horses are supposed to run on their natural ability with some exceptions for mild therapeutic medications. Encouraging people to fix races by joining the crowd using performance enhancing drugs is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. How in the world do you expect the betting public to participate in the sport if this stuff is going on. By the way, you can also be investigated by the FBI and put in jail for it. Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't or won't happen. I don't know how to sugarcoat this but you are an idiot.

Also, it is not jealousy. I would NEVER want to be like them. How could you have a sense of accomplishment after you cheat? I would like to add that the vast majority of horseman and women play within the rules. Most get into it because we care about the horses. It is a small minority that need to be eliminated from the sport.

Mineshaft
05-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Notice the first message on overnight!

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorsemenAreaDownloadAction.cfm?sn=ONDC-PRX-20110528D

Wow...............

the horse population might get thinner at Philly..

Delawaretrainer
05-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Unfortunately, at least two of the main guys that dominate the division have barns at Delaware. They will just reshuffle their stock.

judd
05-23-2011, 06:29 PM
kinda of a shame-used to be decent track

onefast99
05-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Wow...............

the horse population might get thinner at Philly..
The feature is the My Juliet, Tarheelmom should run away with that one.

davefulche
05-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Sad small field for the My Juliet worth 250K. Drew just 6 and that's with one in there way overhead at least.

onefast99
05-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Sad small field for the My Juliet worth 250K. Drew just 6 and that's with one in there way overhead at least.
4 in over their head. Lady A hasn't run since December 18th tough spot to make a comeback in. Sweet Goodbye the only logical competition to Tar Heel Mom has run against cheaper in that eye popping 7f 98 beyer score at CT those connections are praying for rain! Tar heel Mom in her last 2 races won both in a hand ride while getting a 101 beyer in last and a 96 beyer at GP in the Harmony Lodge.

Producer
05-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Wow, this is the saddest comment I have ever seen. So, you are condoning racefixing? Horses are supposed to run on their natural ability with some exceptions for mild therapeutic medications. Encouraging people to fix races by joining the crowd using performance enhancing drugs is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. How in the world do you expect the betting public to participate in the sport if this stuff is going on. By the way, you can also be investigated by the FBI and put in jail for it. Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't or won't happen. I don't know how to sugarcoat this but you are an idiot.

Also, it is not jealousy. I would NEVER want to be like them. How could you have a sense of accomplishment after you cheat? I would like to add that the vast majority of horseman and women play within the rules. Most get into it because we care about the horses. It is a small minority that need to be eliminated from the sport.

I'm not condoning anything that is going on there, but it is what it is. You know whats going on there and you either do what you need to win races or you don't race your horses at that track. That's basically all I was saying.