PDA

View Full Version : Davidowitz chat - Tues

BillW
10-21-2003, 12:10 AM
FYI,

The DRF is holding a Steve Davidowitz BC chat Tue. eve at 7:00 EST.

http://forums.prospero.com/dr-chat/chat

Not much into them myself, but thought someone may be interested.

Bill

kenwoodallpromos
10-21-2003, 02:26 AM
I like him! He emailed me once admitting that he knows consistent winners at show betting!!

cj
10-21-2003, 06:46 AM
I know consistent winners who invest in CDs...the rate of return isn't much though. In all honesty, how much return can you get from show bets? 1, maybe 2%. I am asking because I don't know. I would think breakage as much as the takeout would make this a very tough grind.

andicap
10-21-2003, 01:16 PM
2% plus 7% rebate at Pinnacle off-shore is a decent 9%....

cj
10-21-2003, 01:32 PM
Yeah, but offshore books severely limit show bet amounts, especially at smaller tracks. Don't know much about Pinnacle, but I'll be checking once I get to Belgium. Can't wait to explore my options.

Valuist
10-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Do they have racing in Belguim?

Niko
10-21-2003, 06:16 PM
Davidowitz is great for horseracing. In my opinion he has some great editorials in the back of horseplayer magazine. Because he bets he looks from the bettors perspective to try to improve the game for us. When a friend and myself first started going to the races my friend decided to give him a call. He spent a lot of time answering our questions and getting us on the right track to start out.
The man is good for horseracing. They could use a few more ambassadors in the sport like him.

Dave Schwartz
10-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Niko,

Well said.

What I like most about Davidowitz is that he seems to be a no-nonsense, no-hype kind of guy. His book's treatise on making Beyer-type numbers for pace is excellent.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

BillW
10-21-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Niko
Davidowitz is great for horseracing. In my opinion he has some great editorials in the back of horseplayer magazine. Because he bets he looks from the bettors perspective to try to improve the game for us. When a friend and myself first started going to the races my friend decided to give him a call. He spent a lot of time answering our questions and getting us on the right track to start out.
The man is good for horseracing. They could use a few more ambassadors in the sport like him.

I spent a few handicapping sessions with him when he worked in Houston, and you are pretty much right on, great guy.

Bill

Thomason
10-21-2003, 07:35 PM
He taught Beyer how to be a winner. What an accolade!!!

Tom
10-21-2003, 09:03 PM
He did a handicapping seminar for Finger Lakes at the Buffalo airport a few years ago - first class guy. He was a captivating speakers and actually threw out 4 winners on a 9 race card, not one of them a favorite. He gets an awful lot of insights out of the PPs.
Funny part was, FL was running some verrrrrry slow times that year - many off tracks, the track itself was replaced shortly after he was there, but when he first got there and opened the form he asked "When did they start running trotters at FL?"