PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Cup Contest. Handicapping the Handicappers

Suff
10-20-2003, 05:36 PM
Tongue in cheek boys and girls. Mostly.

A 2000 year old sport...and you'd think nothing ever happened until they started this Breeders Cup thing. I've never seen so many Cappers take anything as serious as this Day of racing.

Breeders cup day. What does it mean.? Have you been paying attentin all year? Do you know enough about Pedigree? Do you understand the development of Young Fillys and Colt's? A Great Horse can always beat a Good Horse. But can a Great Horse beat a field of other Great Horses?

Who can put it all Together on Championship day?

Bubbles. 10-1. ,

He'll be great some day. Right now he's Just good... The old man is spoon feeding him knowledge when he can. .. Still. The sharpest 15 year old horse player on the planet. And one hell of a nice young man.

CJ Milkowski. 2-1 ,

He Lives for Breeders cup. Proven player. Rarely talks trash. The fact that he is here...has me on my heels. I expect him to come out of the gate rolling...and when the real races begin....He'll be serious trouble to corral in. He's also a Contest Tried--Contest Proven , player.

SilverSow 7-1 ,

Bubbles Dad... He's a shrewd one. Bubbles is in that phase where he thinks he's smarter than his Ole Man. So Dad just lets him keep on thinking that...with full knowledge the Kid will come around... Until then he just looks at the Kid and grins.

Tom 11-1 ..

If NYBreds have a good day. He will not. Contest Tried--Contest UN-proven.

Sam-I-Am 15-1

Saratoga based...and you know thats Fertile Handicapping ground. Newcomer could surprise.

Zafonic 12-1.

Hard to tell when he is winning or losing because he's always smiling. Could laugh his way right into the winners circle. He don't hang here for the free coffee.

Valuist 17-1 ..

Veteran PA'r dips his Toe in the contest waters for the first time here. He'll need to prove it.

jmilkowski 25-1.

b, B. C, saraug02 $2.300,000.00

Multi-Million dollar Purchase Out of the Milkowski line. That makes him Dangerous. Showed great Potential when placed 2nd in the GRADE 1 Riderups , back in Jan and Feb of this year. Tough to see him coming in off that Long Layoff and doing anything here. Brief thrill for his Backers...but doubt he'll be strong enough in the stretch

Trijack . 4-1 ..

This man plays one bet.. Trifecta's. I watched him hit a Handfull at Saratoga. IN this type of an event where you work from a Bank. He's Going to Hit at least 2-3 trifecta's. That makes him almost the ONE TO BEAT.

brdman12 30-1 ..

New to Pace..a Shipper. Seems to be eager to run. Contest untried-contest-unproven.

Buddha 8-1...

The man knows horse. Works at a race track... He talks to horses (when no one is Looking). At least that's what he told me at Saratoga.............:eek:

Paceadvanatge 50-1.

Guess why. Starts with Y ends with Suck. lol. Plus you aint done diddly squat in any of our contests. Contest-Tried-CONTEST UN-PROVEN. But,, world series proven. That make you feel better? Anyway.. Good Luck. (in the world series), not in the contest!.....:D

BillW 5-1.

This guy don't know how to spell the word quit! All Fight---All Horse. Noise Maker in the stretch.

Suff ... 1-9.

Thats right suckers... Your all going DOWN!

Sal 5/2

Sals Playing? Ooops,, better make me 3-1. Bubbles, you better Have some extra Paper in your Adding machine when You get ready to Total this guys winnings.
Horse player "le extrordanaiire'"

Stuball 9-1

Contest-tried-contest tested ...PA veteran

Kendallwood Promotions DNS.

Thats the same as a DNF. Only it means Did Not Start. Ken.. You got till Friday to get those silly show bets deleted. I could beat those with a Bank of 2 abraham lincolns and a roll of pennys. I'm thinking 15K Minimum to have a shot... You gonna get 15 grand from 5 show bets? Your adjusted odds after you scratch them and start over will be 100-1.

Winmanwin 13-1

He'll have 3 winners and two exacta's and his net total will be $1000.00..... :o

PurplePower 9-2.

Sharp and fearless. Breeding and pedigree edge on most. He'd absolutley love to take the Top spot because he's already locked and loaded to come next year for a weekend. Factor on his Best.

Vet Scratch 18-1.

Contest unproven-- Appears to have a handle on the racing game. Hard to say if the AM works can translate into afternoon checks.

TonyKHSH 4-1

He Showed up at Saratoga in a Fur Coat...with 4 super Models. Hung around and left with a Bundle of cash and 6 super models.

The guys a Player.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll wrap the Field and the rest later or tommorrow,

Red Knave
10-20-2003, 06:20 PM
Watta 'capper!

Bubbles
10-20-2003, 07:02 PM
OK, Suff, you just gave me the greatest idea. I'm giving everyone an extra $500 to place a series of bets on the order of finish of the contest, but here's the catch: YOU MAY NOT PLACE MORE THAN $250 ON YOURSELF. Using these odds, you must not only predict YOUR success, but the success of others.

If you pick the guy that comes in first, you get five times your wager, second is four times the wager, third is three, fourth is double, and fifth gets you your money back.

Here are my picks...

1) $250 on Bubbles
2) $50 on CJ
3) $50 on Tom
4) $100 on SilverSow (gotta keep SOME faith in the old man,
;) )
5) $50 on Suff

Suff
10-20-2003, 07:06 PM
Calm down Tiger.... its all in jest and I did'nt do everybody..

Your plates full enough.

brdman12
10-20-2003, 07:14 PM
Very funny Suff...Only hope this newcomer can stand up to all these "pros". Have been looking at the breeders cup races and will be sharing some thoughts before the races soon....i know time running short...:cool:

Bubbles
10-20-2003, 07:18 PM
Calm Down Tiger? Could this be a subliminal vibe towards HOLD THAT TIGER in the Classic? :D ;) :)

SilverSow
10-20-2003, 07:24 PM
WOW... the Suff-man makes me 7-1... that must mean I'm a must for inclusion in the exotics...

Dave

;)

kingfin66
10-20-2003, 07:25 PM
You forgot to give odds on the "field," where I and many others not included in the odds line will be found.

kingfin66
10-20-2003, 07:36 PM
Never mind about the field bet. I see now that the contest field was limited to 35 but exempted to 37. Darn, I didn't start looking at the BC until today so ignored the contest threads. Oh well, that's my loss...

Tom
10-20-2003, 08:38 PM
HeHeHe.....No way NO NYBreds are going to have a good day Saturday.
I plan to win this thing by the third race, then coast home.
I am buying CrapSniffer Pro just for this day! :rolleyes:

justin
10-21-2003, 12:56 AM
Good writeup, I always enjoy it when you do those. I'm due for a big day and the BC is as good a time as any :) Been hit and miss the last few times betting. Some nice winners but some bonehead bets as well. Hoping to put it all together on the big day!! Enjoy the BC and it was very nice of you to offer a prize, WOW!

-Justin

justin
10-21-2003, 01:06 AM
I'm the third longest shot in the field? WTF?!? :) Leave me out of the exacta at your peril!!!

-Justin

BillW
10-21-2003, 01:14 AM
Ironically, (and sadly) I'm underlaid. :eek:

Bill

Tom
10-21-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by BillW
Ironically, (and sadly) I'm underlaid. :eek:

Bill

Talk to CJ...he is going to stiff himself!

:rolleyes:

stuball
10-21-2003, 10:59 PM
Can I win off a 5 month layoff --- I will be shooting for the moon
to prove it can be done -- Watch out -- Well rested and ready

Definitely not early speed but most of the races are not sprints.

Glad to be back to dip my toes in the water again..

Stuball :p

Valuist
10-21-2003, 11:20 PM
All we need now is the individual capper matchups with moneylines, just like the Hilton has for the NFL cappers.

sam i am
10-21-2003, 11:25 PM
As much as I like Suff, I think 1-9 is a bit of an underlay.

15-1 fair odds on yours truly. unproven at this class level.

$200 Sam-I-am
$100 CJ
$100 Speed Figure ( whatever the odds)
$100 Tom

good luck
David

Buddha
10-25-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Suff

Buddha 8-1...

The man knows horse. Works at a race track... He talks to horses (when no one is Looking). At least that's what he told me at Saratoga.............:eek:

I may talk to them Suff, but when they are 3000 miles away, it is kinda hard to communicate. Just waiting for a Breeders Cup at Mountaineer LOL