PDA

View Full Version : BRIS with bad customer service

cj
03-24-2011, 08:25 PM
I've been a long time subscriber to BRIS, 1997, and a subscriber to the Comprehensive Chart files (comma delimited charts) since they came out, 3 or 4 years I think.

Sometimes they don't always post them. I've always been helpful. I don't complain, just inform them they missed a track and the date. They have always posted it within a day or so, so no problem.

On March 1st, they didn't post CharlesTown. However, I missed it. This time I was out of town and just didn't catch it until last week. It was gone from the server by then (if it was ever posted). I wrote tech support and general customer service in the past two weeks asking if it could be sent to me. My argument is it wasn't there when it should have been, and I already paid for the chart anyway. I will buy it from the archives if I must, but with a $10 minimum I'm not very happy about it, especially considering I'm not missing any others anyway!

However, the point of this post is they have yet to respond to either email. Not one word. I hear lots of complaints about DRF, but few about BRIS. It isn't like my mails don't get through. They always seem to get through when I help them. I'm very close to saying screw BRIS and finding another alternative.

jk3521
03-24-2011, 08:53 PM
DITTO!

rrpic6
03-24-2011, 10:52 PM
CJ:

BRIS, like many other companies have cut their staff to the bone. E-mailing to their customer service, is too generic. No one might check that mail for days, weeks, etc. Try emailing Nancy Kanaval or Rich Nielsen directly. kanavaln@brisnet.com (Nancy) or 1-859-223-4444 x 274. Rich has quite a few emails, not sure of his bisnet one, but you can go to his facebook page. He should get back to you ASAP.

RR

Spiderman
03-24-2011, 11:19 PM
I sent brisnet an email two weeks ago and no reply. It regards the trainer, Chad Brown. Their stats show Brown as having 2 winners from 3 first time turf starters. This 2 of 3 stat for Brown is the same since Saratoga. He had another first timer, today and same stat as two weeks ago.

On another occasion, I noticed being billed for the month of February when all Ultimate PPs were free. I called, left a message and received return call from accounting and was issued a credit.

andicap
03-25-2011, 10:14 AM
I've always had a good response when I called customer service or tech support directly.

takeout
03-25-2011, 11:50 AM
My argument is it wasn't there when it should have been, and I already paid for the chart anyway.Agree totally. What they should do is send you the thing.

I never understood that minimum for the archives. I would think they would have to be losing business because of that. I know there have been times in the past when it’s been a deal breaker for me.

Archived files & charts: I always wondered if they weren’t posted on the site in the first place do they then even get to the archive?

Several years ago I got a bunch of back files from the archives and found that 4 were missing. (The result charts for those days were there but not the data files.) Don’t know if they somehow got corrupted or were never there in the first place. The issue was never resolved.

Why is it always Charles Town? :)

takeout
03-25-2011, 11:53 AM
I've always had a good response when I called customer service or tech support directly.Me too. Calling seems to be the way to go.

cj
03-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Me too. Calling seems to be the way to go.

It is taken care of now. If they don't want to answer emails, they shouldn't post an email address.

Someone mentioned Rich Nielsen. He has always been great, no doubt. It seems since the Churchill takeover things are heading south though.

rrpic6
03-25-2011, 05:58 PM
It is taken care of now. If they don't want to answer emails, they shouldn't post an email address.

Someone mentioned Rich Nielsen. He has always been great, no doubt. It seems since the Churchill takeover things are heading south though.

That was me..and that was me again!

RR

cj
03-28-2011, 06:33 PM
The chart for the 27th at Parx still has not been posted. I wrote early this morning, left, came home 10 hours later...still no chart or response. What is odd is the charts from today are posted.

rrpic6
03-28-2011, 06:47 PM
The chart for the 27th at Parx still has not been posted. I wrote early this morning, left, came home 10 hours later...still no chart or response. What is odd is the charts from today are posted.

Did you contact Rich Nielsen about this yet? His extension is 262. Use the 859-223-4444 number. I know he's a busy guy and is a stalwart at BRIS, but he will get to the bottom of this. Give him my best.

RR

cj
03-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Did you contact Rich Nielsen about this yet? His extension is 262. Use the 859-223-4444 number. I know he's a busy guy and is a stalwart at BRIS, but he will get to the bottom of this. Give him my best.

RR

I was out all day, left before the office was open. I'm not trying to be an ass, just seems things are slipping lately. I'll stick to the phone for the time being. Someone is working on it now.

CBedo
03-28-2011, 07:00 PM
The chart for the 27th at Parx still has not been posted. I wrote early this morning, left, came home 10 hours later...still no chart or response. What is odd is the charts from today are posted.I sent an email about this last night, and sent Nancy an email just recently. If you look at the ccfs, the PRX section has the whole month (except the 27th of course) unlike any of the others.

cj
03-28-2011, 07:02 PM
I sent an email about this last night, and sent Nancy an email just recently. If you look at the ccfs, the PRX section has the whole month (except the 27th of course) unlike any of the others.

Yeah, I noticed. It used to be Fairplex for the longest time.

CBedo
03-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Also, I just noticed that the Fonner Park data is incomplete (I know everyone bets Fonner, lol). In the ccf, there is data for one race only.

cj
03-28-2011, 08:05 PM
I think they canceled the rest of the card.

CBedo
03-28-2011, 08:44 PM
I think they canceled the rest of the card.That was my assumption as well, but found this:

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbPDFChart.cfm?TID=FON&CTRY=USA&DAY=D&DT=02/27/2011&STYLE=EQB&BorP=B&RACE=A

cj
03-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Yeah, but that is February. They only ran one race on 3-27.

http://www.equibase.com/static/latechanges/html/cancellations.html?SAP=HLN

This is the best place for these things.

CBedo
03-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Yeah, but that is February. They only ran one race on 3-27.

http://www.equibase.com/static/latechanges/html/cancellations.html?SAP=HLN

This is the best place for these things. :bang: Oops, thanks. That's what I get for not trusting my importer, lol.

cj
05-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Well, they are at it again, and this time I've called at least four times in addition to emails. The SunRay Park charts from 4-30 still have not been posted, despite them being available from every other source possible.

rrpic6
05-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Well, they are at it again, and this time I've called at least four times in addition to emails. The SunRay Park charts from 4-30 still have not been posted, despite them being available from every other source possible.

It will be chaotic now at BRIS for awhile or longer...maybe forever, as Rich Nielsen's last day was Derby Day. His job is now available online. Check it out. Would you want all those headaches?

Rewards and Benefits
Home › Careers › Careers
Current job openings | Edit your information | My Account - TeamWork Online

Current available jobs that best match twinspires:

» Brisnet.com Marketing Manager - Twinspires.com (Lexington, Ky)
» Internship Notification - Churchill Downs Incorporated and its Entities (Various Locations, US)
» Future Notification Only - Churchill Downs Incorporated and its Entities (Various Locations, US)

Save your "twinspires" search as an RSS feed (what is RSS?)

Sales & Marketing: Sales & Marketing Management
Brisnet.com Marketing Manager - Twinspires.com (Lexington, Ky)

TwinSpires.com
Job Description

Job Title: Marketing Manager
Department: Brisnet
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Code: Full-Time
Union Position: No
Employee Name:
Reports To: Jeremy Clemons

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.

Responsible for acquisition, growth and retention of Brisnet.com member base.

Responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives for Brisnet.com data products.

Responsible for new product development for Brisnet.com data products.

Responsible for the development and execution of an annual marketing plan for Brisnet.com.

Responsible for management of Brisnet.com marketing budget.

Responsible for working with internal and external partners to oversee marketing communications for Brisnet.com.

Responsible for management and growth of the Brisnet.com affiliate marketing program.

Responsible for brand advocacy for Brisnet.com brands including social media marketing.

Assist TwinSpires.com marketing team in leveraging Brisnet.com products and content for ADW growth.

Work with team to monitor business trends and create proactive campaigns to maximize revenues.

EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
2 – 5 years of Marketing and or Communications experience required. Four-year degree in Marketing or Communications required. In-depth knowledge of both horse racing and breeding desired.

RR

cj
05-09-2011, 10:04 PM
I wrote the the lady you mentioned, but haven't heard back yet. I'm going to make it a point to call each and every day until they post the damn chart or refund my money for the whole month.

rrpic6
05-10-2011, 02:43 AM
I wrote the the lady you mentioned, but haven't heard back yet. I'm going to make it a point to call each and every day until they post the damn chart or refund my money for the whole month.

You mean Nancy Kanaval? Who knows if she's still there? I suggest you try to contact the CFO from Churchill, the guy who did "The Undercover Boss" segment last year. CDI has almost totally gutted BRIS's staff over the last two years. Its like when the big radio companies buy local stations and have no disc jockeys on air for half the day, just recorded music. The bean counters are there at CDI to increase revenues, not provide customer service.

RR

rrpic6
05-10-2011, 06:22 AM
This thread should be renamed 'CDI bad with customer service". Its Tuesday morning, two days away from huge carryovers at Churchill, but no entries for those races are to be seen. Twinspires has already collected over 60K for their Players Pool, but have not changed their promo from the Derby Day one. I e-mailed them asking who the Handicappers will be since Rich Nielsen has retired, and offered to help out with making tickets. No one has responded yet, nor do I think anyone will. Sad to see a once proud company (BRIS) have to be lumped in with a company (CDI), that is just a money grab.

RR

takeout
05-10-2011, 06:47 AM
I'm going to make it a point to call each and every day until they post the damn chart or refund my money for the whole month. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

cj
05-10-2011, 12:01 PM
I did manage to get someone on the phone today that helped me right away. The chart was up in 10 minutes. Makes you wonder how nobody knew it was missing for 10 days despite several calls and emails, but at least it was fixed.

TimesTheyRAChangin
05-10-2011, 12:59 PM
I did manage to get someone on the phone today that helped me right away. The chart was up in 10 minutes. Makes you wonder how nobody knew it was missing for 10 days despite several calls and emails, but at least it was fixed.

Hope you put their name in a safe place,so you know who to call next time?

EJXD2
07-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi, all,

I have accepted the marketing director position referenced in this post and start July 18. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, concerns, etc.

There will be a learning curve for me, obviously, but I look forward to meeting the objectives described in the job posting as well as making all your BRIS experiences outstanding.

Ed DeRosa

PhantomOnTour
07-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Nice of you to say hello Ed, and congrats on your new position.
I made the switch from DRF to BRIS last year and haven't looked back.
:ThmbUp:

speed
07-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Hi, all,

I have accepted the marketing director position referenced in this post and start July 18. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, concerns, etc.

There will be a learning curve for me, obviously, but I look forward to meeting the objectives described in the job posting as well as making all your BRIS experiences outstanding.

Ed DeRosa
How about an unlimited data plan. I cannot imagine looking at 10 or more tracks daily and paying Bris. $300 or more monthly. I have to know at least 15 players who switched to DRF because of this.

Canarsie
07-08-2011, 11:01 AM

Write or call an executive at the parent corporation (CDI) and you'll be surprised how quick she answers you.

CBedo
07-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Congrats on the new position, and good luck putting up with a bunch of grumpy old horseplayers like us, haha.

Thanks for dropping in and hopefully you'll be continue to do so.

CBedo

proximity
07-09-2011, 12:38 AM
How about an unlimited data plan. I cannot imagine looking at 10 or more tracks daily and paying Bris. $300 or more monthly. I have to know at least 15 players who switched to DRF because of this.

excellent post.

the bris speed figures are really bad and it is too expensive for simulcast players. a reasonably priced unlimited data plan with access to the class ratings would be a good start to get them back to being competitive with drf.

and congratulations and good luck to mr derosa!!

Spiderman
07-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi, all,

Ed DeRosa
Same Ed De Rosa who wrote for Thoroughbred Times? Good luck in your new position.

Maryland Owner
07-10-2011, 10:18 AM

I like BRIS products but am loyal to DRF because of the unlimited Formulator plan. As an owner, I pull the Early and Final editions of Laurel/PIM, CT, CNL, PEN, PRX, DEL - all tracks I race at . Then there are the tracks I might want to wager on in addition to my needs as an owner.

BIG49010
12-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Called Bris today to report that the Comma Delimit chart page was empty and not working.

The guy on the other end of phone says " We know don't call back". :bang:

It still not working, I guess they can't fix it until Monday, could they say that.