PDA

View Full Version : Which PP's do you use? Why not all of em'?

hugh
03-24-2011, 12:17 AM
I was just wondering if using a combination of Bris and DRF past performances was helpful?
Two is better than one right?
Also has anyone compared DRF Beyer's with Bris Prime Power? The free Equibase PP's I got through xpressbet are a joke.
Thanks. ;)

dav4463
03-24-2011, 02:14 AM
I think it depends on what you get used to using. If you feel comfortable with your pp's, use them.

My problem is I can identify plenty of live horses between 6/1 and 40/1. If a longshot wins, chances are.....I have him! Problem is figuring out when one of them is likely to fire. Some days nothing over 4/1 wins a race.

If I could just identify when I should not try for a 6/1 and up....I would be rich!

Mountaineer last night----thought I had quite a few live longshots.....all of them lost....winners that paid $7.00 were generous prices!

If I could just figure out how to look at that card and realize that it was going to be a night of low prices; I would have saved a lot of money!

Dave Schwartz
03-24-2011, 05:25 AM
My favorite quote:

"A man with a watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."

jasperson
03-24-2011, 05:35 AM
My favorite quote:

"A man with a watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."
He has to have 3 watches then he knows which one is wrong.:D

Valuist
03-24-2011, 12:13 PM
I was just wondering if using a combination of Bris and DRF past performances was helpful?
Two is better than one right?
Also has anyone compared DRF Beyer's with Bris Prime Power? The free Equibase PP's I got through xpressbet are a joke.
Thanks. ;)

I would think two sets of pps would just cause confusion. If you want to handicap 3-4 tracks, it takes several hours to go just thru one set of pps. Then you consider how much ink gets used up for just one set of pps.

I'm would have to think TG and Sheets users have to buy either DRF or BRIS pps to get the running styles but that is a little different.

cj
03-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks. ;)

You can't really compare the two. One is a composite rating, while the other rates each race in the PPs.

point given
03-24-2011, 03:20 PM
I use the free Bris pps for 5-10 years now . I might use the Formulator pps but the cost of the Bris can't be beat, you just need to beat the obvious choice Prime Poweer horses who are overplayed. One thing poor on the Bris pps is the truncating/ shortening of the names of the finishing horses at the end of each line to see who the horse ran against.

tbwinner
03-24-2011, 04:13 PM
I use DRF Formulator for my PPs. I like the ability to watch the replay directly by clicking on the running line, easily pulling up sibling reports for 2YO races/first time starters, for pulling lifetime past performances (if we're looking at claiming a horse), and for trainer starter stats. It really does have it all but is horribly costly. It costs me $300 every 3 months (plus all the paper and toner!) I believe but I feel it's worth it for everything you get (especially since I pull an average of 2-3 PPs per day 5x a week).