PDA

View Full Version : All-in-one,again

jackad
10-20-2003, 10:32 AM
Some further questions for All-in-one users:

Have you found the Dick Mitchell Platinum Strategies, one of the program's outputs, useful (profitable)?

Does the program's accuracy improve with age? Supposedly it gets better at its automatic paceline picking and the tuning of weights assigned to the various handicapping factors with use. Have you found this to be so?

If the program is so good, as a number of you have attested in past posts, how come so few members of this forum use the program for their selections compared with some of the other popular programs available?

Thanks for your responses.

Jack

betovernetcapper
10-20-2003, 10:54 AM
I stopped using it when Gordon Pine left Cynthia Pub.

numbercruncher
10-20-2003, 03:03 PM
All-In-One is just like any other handicapping program - a tool for people to use as part of their overall strategy.

The "Platinum Strategies" are basically there to call your attention to situations which usually result in a positive ROI when played consistantly, but require you to be consistant about how you choose contenders and pacelines. So it's also somewhat your skill in eliminating non-contenders that will determine how successful they are.

Niko
10-20-2003, 06:48 PM
I had platinum strategies. A couple of the strategies were put through a sample of a few thousand races and the results weren't close to what was stated in the book. Don't remember that all but the main ones tested were early speed and some in chaos races. However there was some useful information that you made you look at races in a different light which is always welcome.

kitts
10-20-2003, 06:59 PM
I like and use All-In-One but my style of handicapping is not going to deal with the specific questions as I do not use the Platinum Strategies or the automatic paceline picker. I did a lengthy test a while back with the automatic paceline picker vs my own paceline picking and I found it to be very close to mine and certainly a good method. The advantage of depending on a computer, if any, is that it does the same thing the same way every time. My handicapping is a bit looser but All-In-One does a very good measure of the ability of my contenders in this race using this paceline. I like the flexibility. I like the various outputs. After some practice, you can really get a feel for it.