PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Covention

hcap
03-23-2011, 06:02 AM
I guess there were better things to do.
Sort of like running out of gas isn't it?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wGzJfiNkeTw/TYhgMApGOiI/AAAAAAAABd4/pSGAiZD0Ooc/s1600/SaveAmericaConventionEmptyRoom.jpg

......attracted only about 300 people. The Save America Convention’s website lists 25 guest speakers, meaning there was one speaker for every 12 attendees. If one includes the 13 musicians and other performers listed as entertainment, that ratio drops to one for every 7 and a half."

Gee, how many union supporters recently showed in Wisconsin? 100,000+

ArlJim78
03-23-2011, 07:23 AM
This is not a Tea Party convention. I've never heard of this group, The Save America Foundation, but based on attendees like Ron Paul and Judge Napolitano I would say it's heavily weighted towards libertarians. I'm not surprised that there was sparse attendance.

The 100,000 turned out in Wisconsin in reaction to the election result which would not have happened if the steam had run out of the tea party.

DJofSD
03-23-2011, 08:11 AM
hcap, while liberals whom are on welfare or are government workers have the time to protest, people that live in the real world have families and jobs.

Sugar Ron
03-23-2011, 08:30 AM
The Koch sisters must've forgotten to charter the buses to get the useful idiots to that one.

newtothegame
03-23-2011, 09:03 AM
The Koch sisters must've forgotten to charter the buses to get the useful idiots to that one.
Well, your right Ron...but they do get the "useful" idiots to post here but you're forgiven!

ArlJim78
03-23-2011, 10:22 AM
the name of the thread is bogus. this convention was not associated with any tea party group, there is no mention of "tea party" at their website. its just the usual half-baked ideas that get passed of as facts by the left. like their idea that the tea party is violent and full of racists. they've got nothing but silly slogans about Hitler or the Koch brothers, that have no basis in reality.

Robert Goren
03-23-2011, 10:43 AM
The are several people out there forming groups trying to make money off the tea party movement. This is one of those groups. I am glad to see the tea partiers aren't total suckers.

DJofSD
03-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Not total suckers -- as opposed to partial suckers?

hcap
03-23-2011, 10:58 AM
We haven't heard much from the Tea Partiers since the election. I don't see much of a difference between the other Partiers and Save America. Doesn't seem the rest of the movement is doing much. Except screwing up the republican party.

DJofSD
03-23-2011, 11:00 AM
The GOP is already screwed up. A little more will not make any difference except to future historians.

ArlJim78
03-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Except screwing up the republican party.

because it was such a well-oiled machine it didn't need to be fixed right?

you don't hear much from the tea party for two reasons. 1) the media only covers stories which they feel disparage the tea party, 2) the tea party is working directly on congressfolk, watching them like a hawk, communicating with them when votes are coming up that are important.

I get daily email alerts and informational updates.

boxcar
03-23-2011, 11:32 AM
This is not a Tea Party convention. I've never heard of this group, The Save America Foundation, but based on attendees like Ron Paul and Judge Napolitano I would say it's heavily weighted towards libertarians. I'm not surprised that there was sparse attendance.

The 100,000 turned out in Wisconsin in reaction to the election result which would not have happened if the steam had run out of the tea party.

Plus a large number of those attendees in WI were imported into the state and paid to boot -- probably with ObamaBucks. :D

Boxcar

ArlJim78
03-23-2011, 03:33 PM
wanted to pass this on, since there seems to be a renewed interest here regarding tea party happenings;

On Thursday, March 31, 2011, Tea Party Patriots will be holding a Continuing Revolution Rally on the East Side of the Capitol Building from noon to 1:30pm. While the Congress continues "business-as-usual" with their short term continuing resolutions, we will be there to Continue our Tea Party Revolution and demand they make the tough decisions we sent them there to make.

Sugar Ron
03-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Well, your right Ron...but they do get the "useful" idiots to post here but you're forgiven!

Don't pay much attention to the Koch sisters ... or other con puppeteers like Limbaugh, for that matter.

Somehow I don't think you can say the same...

johnhannibalsmith
03-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Don't pay much attention to the Koch sisters ... or other con puppeteers like Limbaugh, for that matter.

No, I guess you don't... it just seems to be a central theme in your subconscious I suppose... Somebody you just adore must pay them plenty of attention on your behalf.

That's the spirit! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

newtothegame
03-23-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm sure that some of those mentioned are greatful your not listening to them. As to me, not a rush fan either. Nor am I a fan of calling entire groups of people idiots. But, with post like yours, I can see how people draw those conclussions. Don't pay much attention to the Koch sisters ... or other con puppeteers like Limbaugh, for that matter.