PDA

View Full Version : TVG BC-WTC show- theworks

kenwoodallpromos
10-20-2003, 01:53 AM
TVG-ESPN has a great show all this week reporting on all the BC-WTC horse workouts. Includes videos and analysis bt Tom Amoss! I just caught the Sunday show and loved it! really learned a lot already about how workouts go, and some info on the contenders that the general public may not be getting. Noon and 5pm. Check your local tv schedules.

trying2win
10-20-2003, 03:37 AM
Ken:

Speaking of the Breeders Cup...does the TV network who has the broadcast rights to the Breeders Cup bring in their own race announcer? I'm hoping they'll just stick with Santa Anita's regular announcer, the inimitable Trevor Denham. Then again, everyone's got their own favorite announcer, judging by previous posts on this subject.

Cheerio,

Trying2win

kingfin66
10-20-2003, 03:37 PM
I thought I heard somewhere that Tom Durking was calling the BC races. Does anybody have info regarding this. BTW, Trevor would be fine with me too.

kingfin66
10-20-2003, 03:47 PM
Obviously, the would be Durkin, not Durking (I'm probably still mispelling his name!).

PaceAdvantage
10-20-2003, 03:54 PM
Durkin has called every BC race over the last 20 years, and will continue to do so, probably until he hangs up his mic.....

cj
10-20-2003, 06:30 PM
I would think (and that's always dangerous) that the NBC audience will get the Durkin brand, while anyone picking up the Santa Anita feed will get Denman's version. Pretty sure that is how it's done.

trying2win
10-20-2003, 06:36 PM
PA:

Thanks for enlightening me about Tom Durkin calling the Breeders Cup races. I like listening to Tom's race calls, although some Pace Advantage members don't. That's okay. To each their own.

I guess my memory is slipping in some departments. It's funny how I can remember Tom Durkin as the race announcer for the Kentucky Derby year after year... and yet, I don't remember him doing the Breeders Cup races. I guess it's because I usually watch the Kentucky Derby every year, but have only watched the Breeders Cup races now and then over the years. How's that for an excuse?

Have you heard any of those clean, growing old jokes? Here's one:

--Two signs of growing old...one is forgetfulness, but I can't remember what the other one is.

Regards,

Trying2win

cj
10-20-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by trying2win
PA:

I guess my memory is slipping in some departments. It's funny how I can remember Tom Durkin as the race announcer for the Kentucky Derby year after year... and yet, I don't remember him doing the Breeders Cup races...

Trying2win

Hate to say your memory thing might be failing you, but Durkin has only been doing the Derby for a couple years. Before that, it was Dave Johnson when the race was carried on ABC. Think its been 2, maybe 3 since the switch.

trying2win
10-21-2003, 12:55 AM
CJ:

Oops! Looks like I slipped up. This time regarding my memory of Kentucky Derby announcers.

So that was it. Dave Johnson for many years, then Tom Durkin. Okay, got it. Thanks. I'm now more enlightened. I should be ready now to be a contestant on Jeopardy or Who Wants to Be A Millionaire...then hope they ask some horse racing trivia.

Another clean, growing old joke. I recently saw 91-year-old Art Linkletter on TV. He's still as witty as ever. He related a good tongue-in-cheek quip. It went something like this:

"At my age I still like looking at pretty women, but I can't remember why."

Regards,

Trying2win