PDA

View Full Version : Magician Users

JimL
09-21-2001, 06:01 PM
I find when opening form cycle windows for some routers they have some sprint lines with better PBS and PPF ratings. If todays race is a route would you consider using the sprint ratings?

Tom
09-21-2001, 08:40 PM
Nope-if the horse has routes, I never use a sprint line.
Only tiome I use sprint line in a route race is if the horse is trying the route for the first or second time (after some kind of move in the first try). But then the horse must be bred to get the distance, and the trainer must be able to make the s-r move. And the horse absolutely cannot be a favorite or low odds.
Just my opinion, and to be honest with you, I don't win them all. ~G~
Tom

mhrussell
09-21-2001, 08:47 PM
I generally will never include a sprint line in a horse's form cycle window if todays race is a route. Particularly if the horse has a bunch of route lines in his window. If this is a horses' first time routing or if a horse has only one route line in his form cycle window AND there were 2 excuses to go past that line other than distance structure, then I will use a sprint. And then I will lean toward the longer sprints (7 or 6.5 f) if possible.

If things are still not clear, I will look at my BRIS distance pedigree number and if he figures to be a rotten router, I will either throw out the horse (depending on how bad the sprint races were, the shape of the race and how good the trainer is in "sprint-to-route") or else demand a much higher price to compensate for whatever "extra" uncertainty exists in the race. If things are still too unclear and you are concerned that this horse can wreck your bets in the race, just pass. And remember SW^3= N!

Regards,

mhrussell
09-21-2001, 08:50 PM
Tom-

Funny that we both wrote just about the exact same answer to this question, at about the exact same time!

"Good post!"

Tom
09-21-2001, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by mhrussell
Tom-

Funny that we both wrote just about the exact same answer to this question, at about the exact same time!

"Good post!"

Great minds think alike! ~G~
Tom

Dave Schwartz
09-21-2001, 11:20 PM
Sure, sure... You guys are probably clones. <G>

In fact, you are probably... me. <G>

Dave Schwartz

PS: SOrry, but I couldn't resist. We haven't had anything to laugh at in a couple of weeks. (And this was the best I could do.)

mhrussell
09-21-2001, 11:49 PM
Dave-

Amen to that... it's been one hell of a week.

Tom
09-22-2001, 10:08 AM
Exactly which Dave Schrawtz is addressing us????

~GGGGG~

Tom2