PDA

View Full Version : Horse Racing Shows on the Internet

trying2win
10-20-2003, 12:35 AM
I've noticed there are a few horse racing shows that are broadcast on the internet. Three that come to mind are:

1. 30 MTP

2. The Handicapping.com Show

3. The Roger Stein Show.

I haven't tuned into any of them yet. What's the content like? Do they talk about a variety of things like upcoming big stakes races, track management policies, handicapping or ??? How would you rate these shows listed above? Just wondering if any of them were worth listening to.

Thanks,

Trying2win

Zaf
10-20-2003, 12:42 AM
I have only heard the Roger Stein show. He mostly covers the So Cal circuit. IMHO its a good show and he seems to cover a good variety of topics including interviews with other trainers. The old shows are archived on his Web Site.

ZAFONIC

bettheoverlay
10-20-2003, 01:13 AM
Sams Town sponsers a show on KLAV that can be accessed through their website. It's Professor Gordon Jones old show before he abrubtly departed a few months ago. Hosted now by John Kelly, it also features Bruce Finklestein. Its highly opinionated and lively. 10:30 Wednesday-Sunday.

trying2win
10-20-2003, 03:53 AM
ZAFONIC:

Thanks for the info.

Also on the subject of horse racing shows, albeit it's on TV...i.e for a few hours on Saturday, Sunday and Monday's. Do you ever watch Live at the Races, which is featured on Canadian cable channel "The Score"? Don't know if this channel is shown in the U.S.A. though.

The racing is usually from Hastings Park on Saturdays, Woodbine/Fort Erie on Sundays, and Woodbine or Mohawk (harness races) on Mondays.

Hmmm...Seems like they feature a lot of the Woodbine Entertainment Group tracks. I wonder if "The Score" is owned by the W.E.G?

BETTHEOVERLAY:

Thanks for the tip on the KLAV horse racing show. I hadn't heard
of that one before.

Regards,

Trying2win

blind squirrel
10-20-2003, 08:06 AM
ROGER STEIN,if you follow SOCAL racing.

INSIDE RACING with JASON LEVIN.the interviews
are very good,shows are archived at RACINGJASON.COM

trying2win
10-20-2003, 06:15 PM
Blind Squirrel:

Thanks for the link. I've never heard of Jason Levin before. Is he a well-known handicapper in that state?

Good luck at the races,

Trying2win

blind squirrel
10-20-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by trying2win
Blind Squirrel:

Thanks for the link. I've never heard of Jason Levin before. Is he a well-known handicapper in that state?

Good luck at the races,

Trying2win

he's a turf writer.has a book "from the desert to the derby"
about the DUBAI family tring to win the KY DERBY.

Valuist
10-21-2003, 09:48 AM
RaceDay Las Vegas can be heard by going thru http://www.cgplays.com

Zaf
10-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Valuist
RaceDay Las Vegas can be heard by going thru http://www.cgplays.com

Thanks for the Link Valuist !

ZAFONIC

Tom
11-02-2003, 11:06 AM
So, how do you listen to this show anyways?
Home page has a link to Radio Shows. Go there, and they list archived shows, including today's (before it is aired? Neat. How did they do that?)
Anyway, it says to listen to today's show, "simply click on th eradio bar on the home page...."
Well, there is no "radio bar" only the "radio shows" bar that got me HERE to begin with. If I click on today's archived show, which has not been aired yet, I get the ole internet "page cannot be found" message. This is the thnird week in a row this nonsense has happened.
Is there any webstie other than Roger's where his show can be heard live, becasue obviously, Roger hasn't figured it out yet.
(Must be the result of liberal education....<G>)

Suff
11-02-2003, 11:23 AM
I've noticed there are a few horse racing shows that are broadcast on the internet. Three that come to mind are:

1. 30 MTP

I've listened/watched this one Frequently. PA's a Big advertiser here. So I support. I'm actually a little curious about the whole who what where and when behind this show. I watch the show.. the Camera's are fixed and its almost hard to see the people most of the time... You look at the tops of thier heads sort of. The PA ads are very well done. I've joked with PA and said "are they talking about the same PA I know?" lMAO!!

But I have baited PA a couple of times to tell me about thier WW site and the nuts and bolts of the show..But he's always been reluctant to spill the beans.

Anway.. good show.. I think The Sunday Night show should be MORE NY race based.. because the FRIday show heading into the weekend should touch on the NATIONAL races.. the big one's. But The Sunday show I like better when its more of a NY WRAP Up than a general bullshit session about racing.

PurplePower
11-03-2003, 01:09 AM

1. 30 MTP

2. The Handicapping.com Show

3. The Roger Stein Show.

I haven't tuned into any of them yet. What's the content like? Do they talk about a variety of things like upcoming big stakes races, track management policies, handicapping or ??? How would you rate these shows listed above? Just wondering if any of them were worth listening to.

I am in the final week of a "trial" period on tracksidebroadcasting.com where I do a 15-20 minute daily show about Texas racing and another about Louisiana racing. Those shows are free and I discuss one race for that track, going over my reasoning for my selections and telling listeners how I might play that race. I'd appreciate some feedback and answer to "2win"s question as to whether it is worth my continuing. If you go there you will also see another PA poster offering his suggestions for Philadelphia Park.