PDA

View Full Version : 10 reasons why Jeffrey R. Gural would be good for horse racing

The_Knight_Sky
03-20-2011, 09:04 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/e7dpv6.jpg (http://theknightskyracing.blogspot.com/2011/03/ten-reasons-why-jeff-gural-would-be.html)

Stillriledup
03-20-2011, 09:49 PM
The 'bigwigs' want slots, but they want to get rid of the racing first, so they don't have to share.

onefast99
03-20-2011, 10:24 PM
The 'bigwigs' want slots, but they want to get rid of the racing first, so they don't have to share.
With Hanson leading the charge and developing the property, seems par for the course for NJ.

Robert Goren
03-20-2011, 11:20 PM
I get the impression that NJ doesn't want get rid of the races, but they wouldn't mind getting rid of the handicappers. But then I get that feeling from a lot of places. The motto is seems to be "Bring on the slot players, but stay away if you have a racing form in your hand" everywhere these days.

The_Knight_Sky
03-20-2011, 11:31 PM
With Hanson leading the charge and developing the property,
seems par for the course for NJ.

onefast99 -

If that were true. I don't think Trenton would even be giving Jeff Gural
a chance to save the Meadowlands (and the entire standardbred industry).

But yes, I don't think Mr. Hanson should give anymore "advice" to anyone at this point. ;)

nijinski
03-21-2011, 12:01 AM
I wish the thoroughbred racing there would come back too . Big M is
the closest track to me.
Hard to believe I got to see Spectacular Bid in the Meadowlands Cup. Sadly
I missed Slew there , but kind of relieved that I missed his loss to Dr Patches.

badcompany
03-21-2011, 12:35 AM
onefast99 -

But yes, I don't think Mr. Hanson should give anymore "advice" to anyone at this point. ;)

Maybe I'm cynical, but the whole thing strikes me as a Dog and Pony Show. I don't believe Gural believes he has a shot at making this happen. He's just making connections and getting his name in the news for when the Meadowlands goes belly up. At that point, he can say he gave it the old college try but his tracks, Tioga and Vernon, are still open.

onefast99
03-21-2011, 08:43 AM
onefast99 -

I think at this point Trenton would give anyone with a pulse a chance.

The_Knight_Sky
03-21-2011, 11:30 AM
I wish the thoroughbred racing there would come back too .
Big M is the closest track to me.

Believe it or not, after last week's NJRC meeting a couple of press releases
had a mention of an 6 day all-turf meet on the plate for this autumn (2011)
at The Meadowlands. Who knows if that will ever happen.

Thoroughred horsemen should be continuing to support this facility,
the way they have more than 30 years. They stand to gain if the Meadowlands gets slots.
Monmouth may not ever get the machines on the premises.

4) Jeff Gural understands the Less is More concept.
That same concept would free dates for the thoroughbred horsemen
to race after Labor Day for a month long boutique meet.

The link to source:

This is a violation of the terms of service. Post the full article here if you wish. -- mod

baconswitchfarm
03-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Maybe I'm cynical, but the whole thing strikes me as a Dog and Pony Show. I don't believe Gural believes he has a shot at making this happen. He's just making connections and getting his name in the news for when the Meadowlands goes belly up. At that point, he can say he gave it the old college try but his tracks, Tioga and Vernon, are still open.

If it is a show it is a high dollar one. He has spent a million on lawyers , auditors, and people in their research to see if it is viable.

rrpic6
03-21-2011, 08:50 PM
I get the impression that NJ doesn't want get rid of the races, but they wouldn't mind getting rid of the handicappers. But then I get that feeling from a lot of places. The motto is seems to be "Bring on the slot players, but stay away if you have a racing form in your hand" everywhere these days.

Sounds like you've been to Mountaineer Park in the post Ted Arneaut era.

RR

Robert Goren
03-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Sounds like you've been to Mountaineer Park in the post Ted Arneaut era.

RRNo, but I have been Prairie Meadows. Same difference.