PDA

View Full Version : YONKERS MONDAY 3/21

botster
03-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Another night of pacing and trotting underneath the stars at "The Hilltop".

This is the last three nights of the preliminary experiment here.During the month it's obvious the trainer Lou Pena is a detriment to us trying to turn a profit here.His low price mutual horses winning @ a 31% winning clip forces the other drivers to sit in, and not try all out, causing the value players a much harder road to travel, so to stay in the black.

The banked turns here cause horses not be sent wide early down the back and even those who attempt to make slingshot moves on the turn lose ground.I have had some closers win and finish second at decent mutuals,and I believe only the real sharp one's can do this, especially when the numbers aren't all that hot early on.I am hoping they do not go to a second tier here, because that will make the racing here unplayable IMO.The passing lane here has such a tremendous advantage over the horses trying to make wide moves turning for home.

It's like anywhere these days.A majority of the sharp longer one's must be driven aggressively and be put into position to grab the first two board spots.They should move the start even back further to were it was years ago when they first tried this distance, so to allow more time for these horses to leave from the outside and get a spot.

After this week the w/p bets will be stepped up to a large degree and I will start playing gimmicks."Nothing ventured nothing gained".Let's Roll!

Good Fortune:)

botster
03-20-2011, 12:21 PM
3rd
5 ESSENTIAL SIGNS surprised to see Marino list Jordan Stratton here on this horse considering he claimed it off one of his relations and improved the horse.This may be a move by both Marino and Stratton to benefit both of them.Marino has got a pretty good size operation and is sharp at the claiming game.A better trip and this one may be a player tonight.

4th
Wide open affair here...5 WILDMOTION has the form of a live longer one for me.A super gritty try last week only to get nailed up the passing lane.This barn is beginning to pick up.The GP will desregaurd do to the loss two back in this class.

5th
5 JOHNNY WALKER is a problem type that needs to be in a race in where the fractions are on the hot side.This is an important drop and move inside play tonight.Lou Pena draws the pylon spot with another probable favorite 1 FRANK THE BANK,but let's not forget that Larry can prerace one with the best of them!

12th
Another wide open affair...2 ONTHEWINGSOFANANGEL defied the laws two back and went a big one.Last had no chance against a Pena charge.Drops into conditions and gets a big switch to Brennan.Looks like a standout,but what will be the odds?
1 HARVARDSZ TAM was not a sound horse 2 back, but did show some energy late.Work was done on this horse, thus the week off in between starts after that race.He went sounder in last, but had no chance.Gets the pylon spot tonight.
4 LITTLE PRINCE hard to ignore that last start with those type of fractions.This one could very well be overlooked here.
8 THUNDERS FURY was shot out of a cannon in last. Four year old may be tons better than these, even from the eight hole!

Good Fortune:)

Not4Love
03-21-2011, 04:35 PM
O.K. What a nice card. This should be a productive night. For now I"ll just post my Top Picks. YONKERS 6TH: DOLLARS BROMAC

YONKERS 4TH: WILDMOTION. I'll use him with #3 RUNAWAY FIRE A. #4 WHCKAMOLE HANOVER - He's very one pace. No excuse last week. I'm throwing him out.

YONKERS 3RD: RICH N FLASHY. Doing well right now.

Not4Love
03-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Bad weather. Need to be cautious.

Not4Love
03-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Yonkers 2nd: MIGNON - made a nice debut here. #4 AMESBURY - Got an
easy 1/2 last time and probably won't tonight. MIGNON

botster
03-21-2011, 08:57 PM
O.K. What a nice card. This should be a productive night. For now I"ll just post my Top Picks. YONKERS 6TH: DOLLARS BROMAC

YONKERS 4TH: WILDMOTION. I'll use him with #3 RUNAWAY FIRE A. #4 WHCKAMOLE HANOVER - He's very one pace. No excuse last week. I'm throwing him out.

YONKERS 3RD: RICH N FLASHY. Doing well right now.

Hey...DOLLARS BROMAC won it, but at 3-5. Sometimes we need a moral victory.RICH AND FLASHY heated for the place.

I really need to focus in on the finale.The value there could make it a decent night.

JOHNNY WALKER really got murdered at the windows.Didn't see that coming.WILDMOTION wasn't much, but WHACKAMOLE just dominated with things his own way.ESSENTIAL SIGNS was coming at big odds, but was not in a great striking spot.Chris Marino will bring home some longer one's in the near future.This barn is good at doing just that.

That girl still has a job on TVG...lol:lol:

Not4Love
03-21-2011, 09:16 PM
YONKERS 7TH: SOLOCAM

Not4Love
03-21-2011, 09:17 PM
SOLOCAM

botster
03-21-2011, 09:26 PM
The #6 and #8 both have been scratched and that changes the complection of the wagering for the race.Both of those had a good chance at taking some money.It seems to me that #2 ONTHEWINGSOFANANGEL is now more of a standout.I can't imagine odds of better than 9-5 here.

2/1-4-5 exacta??
2/1-4-5/1-4-5-7 in a triple?? Haven't played but 1 triple, so far during this time.

6 horse betting affairs are usually not good betting races when keying one of the favorites IMO.This could be a pass...waiting to see.

botster
03-21-2011, 09:30 PM
SOLOCAM

$7.00 to place behind the even money shot...Nice!

botster
03-21-2011, 10:27 PM
The #6 and #8 both have been scratched and that changes the complection of the wagering for the race.Both of those had a good chance at taking some money.It seems to me that #2 ONTHEWINGSOFANANGEL is now more of a standout.I can't imagine odds of better than 9-5 here.

2/1-4-5 exacta??
2/1-4-5/1-4-5-7 in a triple?? Haven't played but 1 triple, so far during this time.

6 horse betting affairs are usually not good betting races when keying one of the favorites IMO.This could be a pass...waiting to see.

They are making the choice 6-5 here.The 1 is getting no play so that can make the triple decent.Alright, I will play for a small investment.

botster
03-21-2011, 10:33 PM
This harness telecast on TVG is maybe the worst I have ever seen.How can anyone learn, or gain serious interest in a sport, when such bafoonery is allowed to be viewed on a major racing network?

botster
03-21-2011, 10:43 PM
They are making the choice 6-5 here.The 1 is getting no play so that can make the triple decent.Alright, I will play for a small investment.

The 5 was real good there.He got stung early and still put in a great try.Made a few bucks for morale purposes I suppose...lol.

2 $4.20

ex $10.80
tri $36.20

Until tomorrow...Good Fortune:)