PDA

View Full Version : Mildly Offensive

Zenyatta To Crush
03-20-2011, 12:22 AM
She runs tomorrow in the Santa Paula Stakes. I think she's gonna prove herself as one of the best female horses in the country. Bash me all you want but her maiden win was one of the best I've seen since Zenyatta's.

PaceAdvantage
03-20-2011, 01:43 AM
Bash me all you want but her maiden win was one of the best I've seen since Zenyatta's.I guarantee you with 100% certainty you would have never gotten bashed had you NOT put this line in your post.

But seeing as you did, there will undoubtedly be some knucklehead out there who reads that as an open invitation to bash you no matter what...

I'll never understand why people write this sort of thing from time to time.

Zenyatta To Crush
03-20-2011, 02:28 AM
Ok, no bashing will be necessary. Sometimes I like to make comments like that just to get the conversation going. Obviously Mildly Offensive has a ton to prove yet but I think she's gonna run another huge one in the Santa Paula. The odds won't be too good, but I haven't seen a horse run that well in their maiden for awhile.

Final Time Prediction = 6.5 Furlongs in 1:14.34

Stillriledup
03-20-2011, 02:39 AM
I guarantee you with 100% certainty you would have never gotten bashed had you NOT put this line in your post.

But seeing as you did, there will undoubtedly be some knucklehead out there who reads that as an open invitation to bash you no matter what...

I'll never understand why people write this sort of thing from time to time.

Incorrect. PA is the home of the internet bully, nothing is 100 pct certain here.

Stillriledup
03-20-2011, 02:41 AM
She runs tomorrow in the Santa Paula Stakes. I think she's gonna prove herself as one of the best female horses in the country. Bash me all you want but her maiden win was one of the best I've seen since Zenyatta's.

Big rain and heavy winds are predicted, they might cancel the card, i wouldnt spend a ton of hours preparing for these races.

Paseana
03-20-2011, 02:45 AM
I happened to notice that Mildly Offensive, off of her impressive maiden win, was an individual betting interest in the KY Oaks Future Wager pool last weekend..

I bought a $10 piece of her at 51/1. I have no idea whether she'll make it to the gate or not, but at 51/1, $10 is worth laying to find out.

PaceAdvantage
03-20-2011, 02:51 AM
Incorrect. PA is the home of the internet bully, nothing is 100 pct certain here.Then why keep posting?

RXB
03-20-2011, 03:03 AM
From a betting perspective it's generally a bad idea to take a positive outlook on a debut winner in its follow-up race. And in her case, she will either have to run much faster early or alter her running style significantly to win here as there are a couple of horses that have shown much better early speed (and against markedly better competition) than she needed to dole out in her debut.

Zenyatta To Crush
03-20-2011, 03:04 AM
Big rain and heavy winds are predicted, they might cancel the card, i wouldnt spend a ton of hours preparing for these races.
It hardly ever rains out there too and of course the weather.com forecast says a 100% chance of heavy rain/wind tomorrow. Great...looks like I'll have to find out if she's the real deal next week I guess.

Zenyatta To Crush
03-20-2011, 03:10 AM
I happened to notice that Mildly Offensive, off of her impressive maiden win, was an individual betting interest in the KY Oaks Future Wager pool last weekend..

I bought a $10 piece of her at 51/1. I have no idea whether she'll make it to the gate or not, but at 51/1, $10 is worth laying to find out.
I didn't even know she was a betting interest until it was too late to bet. Even if she wins this race, she wouldn't have enough earnings to make the race and she'd probably have to ship somewhere to find more graded earnings since Santa Anita doesn't have anymore dirt stakes races for 3 year old fillies for some reason. Plus if they cancel tomorrow, that might put her too far behind schedule to get those graded earnings.

Still, 51/1? Considering how awesome she ran in her debut, I would have thrown some money down on her if I had known.

Stillriledup
03-20-2011, 05:01 AM
Then why keep posting?

Because its fun posterizing bullies.

;)

rrpic6
03-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Incorrect. PA is the home of the internet bully, nothing is 100 pct certain here.

Funny reply :D Why don't you post it in the "Public thank you to PA" thread? The usual suspects can chase you around with a pitch fork.

RR

FenceBored
03-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Then why keep posting?

He already told you, it's his home.

RXB
03-20-2011, 10:14 PM
She whipped them. At the very least, she's a quality wet-track sprinter and it looks like she can probably go farther.

Spalding No!
03-21-2011, 07:24 PM

Seems at this late stage that the 7f La Troienne a couple of days before the Kentucky Oaks makes the most sense.

A clash with Turbulent Descent in the Acorn a few weeks later at Belmont would be interesting, though.