PDA

View Full Version : No Fly Zone

CryingForTheHorses
03-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Watching the news and listening to the French President telling us how NATO is going to enforce a No Fly zone over libya.This man cant keep killing his own people and needs to be stopped.He is another nasty dictator that needs to be ousted.The people want to be free and I feel its right in what NATO is doing.Tomahawk missles being shot now at targets in Tripoili.Do you think this is wrong?..Will this be another drawn out war?.Are any arab countries going to help..Is the USA being set up to be denounced by every arab nation that they have tried to help.Im cunfused

Mike at A+
03-19-2011, 09:26 PM
If Bush was president, here's a sampling of what liberals would be saying:
He's creating more terrorists!
He's a chickenhawk!
He's a war criminal!
He's killing civilians including women and children.
Put him on trial at The Hague!

That said, Gadhafi is a very bad person. But through his eyes, he is countering an attempted takeover of his country by rebels. What would Obama do if 10,000 Tea Party members showed up at the White House with guns ablazing? He'd have them crushed. Obama told Gadhafi he must step down. There are plenty of Americans who would like to tell Obama the very same thing. While Obama keeps saying "the people of Libya must be protected", what he is really saying is that he is siding with the rebels who are attempting to overthrow the Libyan government. I am very afraid that America is going to be seen as butting our nose into where it doesn't belong and that the end result will be more terrorist acts against the west. The 10 year anniversary of 9/11 is coming soon and there is nothing they would like better than to do something like that again.

I HOPE I'M WRONG.

Saratoga_Mike
03-19-2011, 10:09 PM
If Bush was president, here's a sampling of what liberals would be saying:
He's creating more terrorists!
He's a chickenhawk!
He's a war criminal!
He's killing civilians including women and children.
Put him on trial at The Hague!

That said, Gadhafi is a very bad person. But through his eyes, he is countering an attempted takeover of his country by rebels. What would Obama do if 10,000 Tea Party members showed up at the White House with guns ablazing? He'd have them crushed. Obama told Gadhafi he must step down. There are plenty of Americans who would like to tell Obama the very same thing. While Obama keeps saying "the people of Libya must be protected", what he is really saying is that he is siding with the rebels who are attempting to overthrow the Libyan government. I am very afraid that America is going to be seen as butting our nose into where it doesn't belong and that the end result will be more terrorist acts against the west. The 10 year anniversary of 9/11 is coming soon and there is nothing they would like better than to do something like that again.

I HOPE I'M WRONG.

Yes, there’s a moral equivalence between Gadhafi and Obama. :rolleyes: Obama could have joined forces against Hitler, and I think you would have questioned him.

Mike at A+
03-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Yes, there’s a moral equivalence between Gadhafi and Obama. :rolleyes: Obama could have joined forces against Hitler, and I think you would have questioned him.
Gadhafi and Obama are both very immoral individuals. But Obama knows that a victory over Libya is a slam dunk otherwise he wouldn't be risking a further drop in his approval ratings. This is all about the 2012 election and don't let anyone tell you that it isn't. He knows he can bully Libya which is why he won't mess with a much bigger offender, Iran.

Saratoga_Mike
03-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Gadhafi and Obama are both very immoral individuals. But Obama knows that a victory over Libya is a slam dunk otherwise he wouldn't be risking a further drop in his approval ratings. This is all about the 2012 election and don't let anyone tell you that it isn't. He knows he can bully Libya which is why he won't mess with a much bigger offender, Iran.

If you were president, what would you do about Iran? Please be specific.

Mike at A+
03-19-2011, 10:32 PM
If you were president, what would you do about Iran? Please be specific.
The same thing I'd do with Libya. NOTHING. Let them kill each other.

Saratoga_Mike
03-19-2011, 10:35 PM

Agreed or disagreed with Iraq?

Mike at A+
03-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Agreed or disagreed with Iraq?
Given the intel, agreed. In hindsight, disagree. But we'll never know if Saddam moved WMD out while Hans Blix was being played like a fiddle.

Saratoga_Mike
03-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Given the intel, agreed. In hindsight, disagree. But we'll never know if Saddam moved WMD out while Hans Blix was being played like a fiddle.

Okay, you're fairly consistent, except if anyone was being played like a fiddle it was GWB, not Blix. Ahmed Chalabi was one of the master fiddle players, along with many others. There were no WMDs. Period.

Greyfox
03-19-2011, 10:48 PM

The problem is: It's not them killing each other.
It's Gadhafi and foreign mercenaries who are being paid up to $1,000 a day to kill Libyans.

Mike at A+
03-19-2011, 10:55 PM
The problem is: It's not them killing each other.
It's Gadhafi and foreign mercenaries who are being paid up to $1,000 a day to kill Libyans.
That's what heads of sovereign nations do when a revolution happens. I go back to my original statement: "What would Obama do if 10,000 Tea Party members showed up at the White House with guns ablazing? He'd have them crushed." If the rebels didn't start their action, none of this would be happening.

ArlJim78
03-19-2011, 10:56 PM
these Libyan "rebels" seem to be rather heavily armed. Where did their arms come from? I see nothing but chaos coming from this.

how long before we hear the "no blood for oil" protest chants?

Mike at A+
03-19-2011, 10:59 PM
these Libyan "rebels" seem to be rather heavily armed. Where did their arms come from? I see nothing but chaos coming from this.

how long before we hear the "no blood for oil" protest chants?
You won't hear that from the left. Even Code Pink has remained silent through all this. This is all about making Obama look good for 2012.

Saratoga_Mike
03-19-2011, 11:00 PM
That's what heads of sovereign nations do when a revolution happens. I go back to my original statement: "What would Obama do if 10,000 Tea Party members showed up at the White House with guns ablazing? He'd have them crushed." If the rebels didn't start their action, none of this would be happening.

I think Reagan would have called the rebels Freedom Fighters, just as he did the Contras (correctly so). But damn the Libyan people for rising up against oppression. Tell me how you've been oppressed by Obama, and explain how it's anything like living under Gadhafi.

Greyfox
03-19-2011, 11:00 PM

1. These rebels started peacefully... there were no guns ablazing.
2. The rebels gained guns from Gadhafi's stores in Eastern Libya when it was apparent where this was going.
3. If the rebels didn't start this action, obviously nothing would be happening.

A psychotic transvestite is trying to kill them.
What would any reasonable person do?

Mike at A+
03-19-2011, 11:05 PM
I think Reagan would have called the rebels Freedom Fighters, just as he did the Contras (correctly so). But damn the Libyan people for rising up against oppression. Tell me how you've been oppressed by Obama, and explain how it's anything like living under Gadhafi.
Obama's oppression is more subtle and financial in nature. His goals are back door reparations and destruction of the white middle class. One would have to be on some serious drugs to believe the propaganda and misinformation coming from his administration.

Saratoga_Mike
03-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Obama's oppression is more subtle and financial in nature. His goals are back door reparations and destruction of the white middle class. One would have to be on some serious drugs to believe the propaganda and misinformation coming from his administration.

Now you're sounding like Glenn Beck - this is not a good thing. And I didn't vote for Obama, and I won't vote for him in 2012.

Mike at A+
03-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Now you're sounding like Glenn Beck - this is not a good thing. And I didn't vote for Obama, and I won't vote for him in 2012.
I don't need Glenn Beck to tell me what I believe to be obvious. Obama's words and actions are all I need. This is so freakin obvious to me. I arrive at my conclusions independently of what any of the pundits are saying. Many times I'll say something to my wife based upon an observation of mine and she'll tell me that someone on the radio said the same thing the very next day. I don't know if you remember but I was the one who said on these very boards that the market drops during a televised Obama speech. At first I thought it was coincidental but then I started tracking it. He wants to destroy the wealth of people he feels don't deserve it. His anti-business attitude and entitlement spending are the main reasons why the private sector job market has been stagnant for so long.

Saratoga_Mike
03-19-2011, 11:55 PM
I don't need Glenn Beck to tell me what I believe to be obvious. Obama's words and actions are all I need. This is so freakin obvious to me. I arrive at my conclusions independently of what any of the pundits are saying. Many times I'll say something to my wife based upon an observation of mine and she'll tell me that someone on the radio said the same thing the very next day. I don't know if you remember but I was the one who said on these very boards that the market drops during a televised Obama speech. At first I thought it was coincidental but then I started tracking it. He wants to destroy the wealth of people he feels don't deserve it. His anti-business attitude and entitlement spending are the main reasons why the private sector job market has been stagnant for so long.

It has nothing to do with deleveraging?

JustRalph
03-20-2011, 01:17 AM
There were no WMDs. Period.

unless you count chemical weapons. but who's counting.........?

PaceAdvantage
03-20-2011, 01:22 AM
I don't need Glenn Beck to tell me what I believe to be obvious. Obama's words and actions are all I need. This is so freakin obvious to me. I arrive at my conclusions independently of what any of the pundits are saying. Many times I'll say something to my wife based upon an observation of mine and she'll tell me that someone on the radio said the same thing the very next day. I don't know if you remember but I was the one who said on these very boards that the market drops during a televised Obama speech. At first I thought it was coincidental but then I started tracking it. He wants to destroy the wealth of people he feels don't deserve it. His anti-business attitude and entitlement spending are the main reasons why the private sector job market has been stagnant for so long.The market has gone nowhere but up since Obama stepped into office...look at a daily chart of the S&P if you don't believe me...

And Obama told everyone to buy stocks right at the bottom...if you don't believe me, google it...I'm no Obama fan, but the facts are the facts...

JustRalph
03-20-2011, 02:30 AM
Mikey Moore is weighing in Via Twitter

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/files/2011/03/walker-hitler-450x6001.jpg

Mike at A+
03-20-2011, 10:21 AM
The market has gone nowhere but up since Obama stepped into office...look at a daily chart of the S&P if you don't believe me...

And Obama told everyone to buy stocks right at the bottom...if you don't believe me, google it...I'm no Obama fan, but the facts are the facts...
The markets anticipated the outcome of the 2010 elections just as they did for the 2006 midterms.

Tape Reader
03-22-2011, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]The market has gone nowhere but up since Obama stepped into office...look at a daily chart of the S&P if you don't believe me...

All at the expense of the dollar.

A six year old, running a lemonade stand, could have taken the same position: Buy now, pay later.

bigmack
03-22-2011, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]The market has gone nowhere but up since Obama stepped into office...look at a daily chart of the S&P if you don't believe me...

All at the expense of the dollar.

A six year old, running a lemonade stand, could have taken the same position: Buy now, pay later.
Do you get a commission for changing your font to Arial?

Tape Reader
03-22-2011, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=Tape Reader]
Do you get a commission for changing your font to Arial?

I used the default on my computer.

If I wanted to be "typographically correct," I would have chosen "Hobo."

boxcar
03-22-2011, 11:48 PM

Well...at least you'll vote like Glenn in the upcoming elections, assuming you make the effort to vote, of course. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar